Breath of Chaos
Deamon Prince of Nurgle - 190
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos

Ok thats 2491 the screamers are in there because im having a really bad time with tanks.

Group 1
3 DP
Ku'Gath
Epi with 20 man squad
Herald
Screamer 1

Group 2
2 nurglings
3 PB
2 Beasts
1 Screamer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 05:12 AM

The beast's points can be spent better elsewhere and I personally hate to see a list without at least 1 grinder.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 03:35 PM

i would drop that squad of 20 down to two smaller squads it doesn't do a whole lot of good to have a squad that big, especially if you are deep striking, make the beasts a single squad because two of them will just die to easily while 4 will have some time to get some distance. change kugath into a GUO. I don't really find the GUO to be terribly inferior to Kugath and youve free'd up enough points to give two princes wings. Which will help them in racking the tally early.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-09, 04:20 PM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

2500pts is a bit over my normal limit, but I'll try and give you a hand

Keep the Three Princes, if your going to take a Grinder don't take one on its own, bad idea. At least two.

But at this points limit you can happily take three Princes.

Take Noxious touch off the Princes, with the amount of troops on the table you wont have a problem getting the kill count up to that level. What can make this much easier is giving every prince Daemonic Gaze, you'll start reaping the kills at an impressive rate. Not too sure about breath...

I'd split the big group down into two smaller squads, and I'd probably scrap the nurglings in favor of more PB's, there isn't much difference as far as survivability is concerned and the PB's can capture objectives.

Again, Beasts of Nurgle don't really do it for me, I think more PB's would serve you better.

If your having a bad time with tanks, slap some wings on your Princes, gives the enemy Two squads and Three Monstrous Creatures to deal with

Hold onto Ku'Gath, he is harder to kill than a regular GUO and the Large blast is again quite helpful at pumping the tally, makes it easier than having to Deep strike a regular GUO on the front lines and having to squeeze a Breath out of him.

Don't forget to stick Epi with a Plague Bearer squad, you don't want him dying! And get him in on the first wave, of course.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-09, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

my Squad of 20 is what epidemius is sitting with so i dnt think braking it down would be a smart thing to do.

And for going more squads of PBs i like them because they are a scoreing unit but nurglings can tigh up a unit longer the pbs can depending on what that unit is of course. like assaulting a DP ill lose one and get a wound on another. and if the count is high enough im dealing alot of wounds with ease. expecially if i assualt a squad its 4 attack hits on 4 wounds on 2, thats a little good.

About the DPs i cant say anything about the daemonic gaze ive never used it i may try it but, breath is so nice. im just going to put this out there im a ballzy player i go for broke on ruen one buy deep striking all my DPs and my Herald withing 2 inches of enemy units just so i can Breath them on turn one. Depending on what im playing against its really nasty ive actually taken out over 30 units on turn one with this tactic, of course that was agaisnt orcs. normaly on ave ill kill 4 for each guy then they will shoot and try to kill my DPs and assault and ill have Inish so ill kill enough to get my kill rank enough. i think i need Noxious touch because someties i deal with death wing armys and 40 terminators wounding on the 2+ and being able to reroll the misses is very nice to have. its kinda for those bad luck games where i dont kill the amount i need.

The beast of nurgle i do agree with and will make it a group of 4 to see how it goes.

Ku'Gath is staying i love hime way to much to not play with him i just play smart with him and dont poop nurglings out on Point games. With him i bring him in on first turn but set him back throwing nurglings killing things is a great thing for this army.

Thanks for the advice and keep it coming.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-09, 06:48 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojuta View Post
Here is my 2500 pt list i think im taken to Ard Boyz
I don't mean to be a downer, but since Daemons won Ard Boyz last year with the Bloodweaver/Fatecrusher list, expect to see more than a few people ready to take you on. Also, now that the new Guard are out, it wouldn't surprise me to see multiple Imperial Guard lists running two Fleet Officers, which essentially screws Daemons over so bad that winning is nigh-impossible. If you're set on taking Daemons to Ard Boyz, check out my suggestions below.

Quote:
HQ
Ku'Gath - 300
Good pick. He's the most resilient model in the entire army save for maybe Fateweaver. Make good use of his necrotic missile rule to get your tally up as early as possible. Try to target units outside of cover with his ranged attack (unless you're using Breath) to inflict maximum damage.

Quote:
Epidemius - 110
No brainer.

Quote:
Herald of Nurgle - 95
Noxious touch
Cloud of Flies
Breath of Chaos
Ditch 'em. There's a chance that Ard Boyz will use "weighed" Kill Points like last year, where Troops give 1, Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support give 2, dedicated transports give 0 and HQ give 3. It's not worth making your opponent's job any easier, especially over a lousy Nurgle Herald, who I think we can agree aren't exactly the epitome of battlefield effectiveness.

Quote:
Elites
2 Beast of Nurgle - 70
2 Beast of Nurgle - 70
I know you need to take some Elites to avoid handing your opponent free Kill Points, but you'd be better off combining these into one unit and perhaps dropping the squad down to three models strong. Beasts of Nurgle are cool and fluffy, but really suck until the Tally hits 20+.

Quote:
Troops
20 Plaguebearers - 330
Icon
Instrument
This unit's too big. I know you're trying to protect Epidemius, but the chances of these guys DSing safely is really small. Try a unit of 14 instead - that's almost double what most people take in non-Nurgle dedicated armies and should be more than enough to protect the Tallyman.

Quote:
11 Plaguebearers - 204
Icon
Instrument
11 Plaguebearers - 190
Instrument
11 Plaguebearers - 190
Instrument
9 Nurglings - 117
9 Nurglings - 117
These are all good, though Instruments probably won't help you any and you may be able to find a place for the points elsewhere.

Quote:
Fast
4 Screamers - 64
4 Screamers - 64
Good picks. Since the point limit is so high, look to include five to six models in each unit.

Quote:
Heavy
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
I know it's horrendously expensive, but this is the one time that Daemonic Flight becomes worth it on Daemon Princes. Try to give at least one of these guys the ability to get a move on. Drop Breath on that model if you must.

Best of luck!

Katie D
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-09, 10:31 AM

I'd like to point out there's been a *lot* of hate on nurglings recently, but I'd like to agree with KD on the good selection. Nurglings are downright scary with a full tally, but dont let people talk you out of the two squads.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-09, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

HQ
Ku'Gath - 300
Epidemius - 110

Elites
3 Beast of Nurgle - 105

Troops
16 Plaguebearers - 270
Icon
Instrument
11 Plaguebearers - 204
Icon
Instrument
11 Plaguebearers - 190
Instrument
11 Plaguebearers - 190
Instrument
9 Nurglings - 117
9 Nurglings - 117

Fast
4 Screamers - 64
4 Screamers - 64

Heavy
Deamon Prince of Nurgle - 250
Flight
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
Flight
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
Flight
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Instrument
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos

This is my new list right now that im testing and its coming along ok the bad thing is Mec Eldar.... Ive playtested against it 3 time already trying to figure out a way i can come close to dealing with it. And in kill points i cant.

I have never won a dye roll against this guy to choose who goes first, so i always do. He holds everything in reserve and has a model that makes him get a 1+ for reserve rolls and he runs two of them. so on turn 2 he vips everyhing in kills one unit to get the kill point and runs for the rest of the game on jet bikes. if its not kill points and it objective based he will shoot the crap out of me and jet away during his assult phase. then turn 5 turbo boost and take shot everything to contest the objective i have to win....

so any sugestions of what i could do to stop this obomination??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-09, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

ok peeps I changed my list up before i went and heres what it looked like when i played.

HQ
Ku'Gath - 300
Epidemius - 110
Elites
5 Flamers of Tzeentch - 205
Bolt of Tzeentch
5 Flamers of Tzeentch - 205
Bolt of Tzeentch
Troops
12 Plaguebearers - 180
9 Plaguebearers - 160
Icon
9 Plaguebearers - 160
Icon
9 Plaguebearers - 135
9 Nurglings - 117
9 Nurglings - 117
Fast
5 Screamers - 80
Heavy
Deamon Prince of Nurgle - 240
Flight
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
Deamon Prince of Nurgle - 245
Flight
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos
Deamon Prince of Nurgle - 245
Flight
Iron hide
Mark of Nurgle
Cloud of Flies
Noxious Touch
Breath of Chaos

Total - 2499

The Flamers went in because i needed somthen for tanks other then charging them and i needed a little bit of range so thats that. I finished second out of 28 people, so im goen on and i really dnt no what im playing next round yet i might just play the same army but a little change here and there, but thats about it. The Screamers did nothing the whole night which made me said so i might drop them. the flamers are the nest things in the world i whiped out a guys intire army on turn 4 with them making everything run off the bored. it was bad luck on his part but fun for me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode