1k, 1.5k, 2k upgradable for sweeping advances - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-09, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

enieffac's Flag is: USA

Default 1k, 1.5k, 2k upgradable for sweeping advances

Keeper of Secrets +musk, demon gaze -235pts
Keeper of Secrets +musk, demon gaze -235pts
6xhorrors +changeling -107pts
5xhorrors -85pts
3xflamers -105pts
3xflamers -105pts
3xcrushers -120pts
= 992pts
10xbloodletters -160pts
10xbloodletters -160pts
soulgrinder +phlegm -160pts
add an icon to the crushers
= 1497pts
soulgrinder +phlegm -160pts
soulgrinder +phlegm 160pts
7xhounds +karanak -140pts
add 1 horror to the unit with changeling
add an icon to a unit of bloodletters
= 1999pts

Wave 1: KOS, KOS, horrors w/changeling, flamers
Wave 2: horrors, flamers, crushers
Wave 1: add soulgrinder, letters
Wave 2: add letters
2k:
Wave 1: add hounds
Wave 2: add soulgrinder, soulgrinder

The plan here is to use both KOS to cause units to fall back and be erased due to the superior initiative (or hit and run out of combat if they pass leadership). The shooty units will target anything that might be in a position to assault the KOS's after they complete sweeping advances. The other tactic at the 1.5k level would be to target units that produce a large volume of anti-bloodletter shooting as quickly as possible (I'd love to have the heavy hitting artillery distracted by flamers and bloodletters to keep the KOS's alive)
C&C please

Coffee addicts of the world unite!!!
http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/8256/jeffbanner.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-30-09, 11:13 AM

Concrete Hero's Flag is: Wales

Hello enieffac,

The only problem I have with the 1k section is the lack of scoring units, 2 small units of Horrors aren't exactly able to take a lot of punishment either. I'd look into replacing one of the units with a group of Plague bearers (when it comes to holding objectives, these guys are the bee knee's).

1.5k One Soul Grinder on its own isn't that great in my opinion, I definitely think they should be taken in pairs, threes or not at all. Perhaps sub one of the Bloodletter units for a second Soul Grinder? Though this again leaves you a bit low on the old troop count.

2k I really think the hounds and Karanak are a bad idea here, you could replace this unit with an extra squad of troops. Perhaps not add the icon to the Bloodletters, I think deepstriking them onto the unit of Bloodcrushers and deploy behind them is a good way to keep the 'letters alive; they will get cover from the Crushers and your opponent will have a rather imposing unit of monstrous brass knights in front of him that should draw fire

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-09, 08:36 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

Hey enieffac,

I agree. You need more troops, even at 1500-2000 points you're going to struggle. As much as I've come to like Flamers I'd also suggest not filling two slots with them. I'd much rather have a free slot to take some Crushers or Fiends at 1500-2000.

I think the problem is you've thrown all the fun stuff in the 1000 point list & are then playing a kind of balance catch up till 2000 points.

I wouldn't run 2 Greater Daemons and 3 elites at 1000 points, drop a Keeper for a lone Grinder (don't worry he can have a friend at 1500 points) and drop a unit of Flamers for a solid unit of Plaguebearers with an Icon.

Then a 1500 get a second HQ and a second Grinder plus more troops.

Then at 2000 get a third elite choice, another Grinder and some more troops. I actually do like Hounds with Karanak but you're not mono Khorne so you don't really need them in the same way. I would look objectively at my army at this point & figure out what I really needed, it will most likely be more troops, in which case I say Horrors or Plaguebearers!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode