maybe doing lord of change list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-09, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Default maybe doing lord of change list

i am thinking of doing a lord of change all tesnitch army (i know i spelt it wrong) any ideas on a very good 1500 army that can win tournaments? thanks mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-25-09, 08:25 PM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

why dont you post up a list that you think will be good, then i can help you better.............as i know what i would do

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 01:48 AM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

Well in all honesty I don't think mono-Tzeentch can win tournaments. But I'm sure they could make a competitive albeit difficult army.

Also, why not post a list YOU think is good & then people can give you THEIR thoughts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 03:13 AM

like the above 2 mentioned,list things you think would be good and we will give you feedback.Like dallas drake said,mono themed armies are hard to run,and i dont think you would want to go into a tournament with one,but if you want to do one for fluff and fun,do it.

ill do a quick list of what is really good for tzeench.

Lord of change is good,if your looking for a herald the blue scribes are good for their value.horrors are good troops and flamers are awesome because they are cheap.

The problem with solo tzeench is there just isnt anything tough or strong so if you get into melle you would be hurt.

So my best advice is,if your heart is set on tzeench,to get 2 lords of change and and 3 tzeench dp's(bolt and gaze) with maybe 3 troops of horrors and 1 unit of flamers.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 12:27 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

If I was playing mono-Tzeetnch I'd run something like this.

Fatweweaver
2 Heralds on Chariots with WAL, MOS, Bolt

2 units of 3 Flamers

3 units of 7 Horrors with Bolt (1 unit with Changeling & Icon)

2 Daemon Princes with MoT, Bolt, DG.

1500 on the dot.

Flamers on TEQ duty. DPs & Fateweaver to hang together about 15-20'' away from the enemy & just throw 3 Bolts at their armour, whilst DGing MEQs. Also the 4+ rerollable save means they'll stay alive quite a bit longer, just keep FW behind the DPs you don't want to lose him in turns 1-2 as he will be target number 1 for the enemy.
Chariots are very mobile shooting platforms so they can use their speed to get side armour shots on tanks, or they can hunt down Jetbikes, Speeders and other fast attack you want to keep away.
Horrors can capture objectives & hit any GEQs.

And remember, keep out of charge range! Also, write down the opponents fleeting units (on your hand preferably) and keep an eye on them!

Last edited by Dallas_Drake; 02-26-09 at 03:14 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-26-09, 03:41 PM

I second most of what Dallas_Drake said though I would use ginders over DP's if you are okay with diverging slightly from the all tzeench theme.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode