-Bolt of Tzeentch, Chaos Icon
Horrors
-10 Daemons
-Bolt of Tzeentch, Chaos Icon

Heavy Support
Soul Grinder
-Phlegm

Total: 1500

First go at a 1500pts Daemons list and am hoping for tips on how to improve and use it. Also note that I'd prefer to use just Nurgle and Tzeentch Daemons and so far the only thing I've bought is a Great Unclean One so there is plenty of room for change. . .

"Playing Warhammer is just like making love. It's usually done on a table and afterwards you always feel great shame. Plus like most fun things the older you get the less fun it becomes. So remember, always wear a condom while playing Warhammer - I've got mine on now."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-09, 04:04 AM

I would generally advise against using 2 greater demons because of the huge point investment, maybe turn those points into epidemius and another unit of bearers. You also may want to drop the changeling into one of those units.

Otherwise though this looks like a great list, soulgrinders are worth their weight in gold espescially with phlegm. Plegebearers and horrors are the strongest of the troop demons.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-09, 10:12 PM

I also am building a nurgle / tzeentch army and have been slowly trying things out (im too cheap to get all I need right away). the question I ask myself - am I using nurgle to hold off the enemy so tzeentch can shoot, or am I having tzeentch there to add shooting capability to my slow and purposeful army.
If you want to shoot and scoot, then go heavy with tzeentch. No need for greater nurgle daemons. I also find that surrounding fateweaver with flamers and horrors works incredibly well. Edpideius is a great herald, then add a herald of tzeentch. save points for a well armed DP of tzeentch - worth his points in gold if used right.
If you want more nurgle, only use the tzeentch as shooting support. concentrate on getting the tally built with DP of nurlge. at 1500 points, I would also take a soul grinder in case. Also if you have Kugath as HQ, you get FREE nurglings that wont go into your points cost. Once the tally is up, these little buggers will wreak havoc on everything.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-09, 12:57 AM

AnarchX's Flag is: USA

I would recommend adding some Flamers of Tzeentch to the list if you can find the points. Three Flamers can easily wipe a whole squad on the turn they arrive.

Thanks,

AnarchX

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode