Need help Daemon List 1500 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
Slaanesh's Plaything

Talos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Need help Daemon List 1500

I have just got really into daemons with the completion of my EC and IW armies.
Right now I am fighting Tau, SM (Space wolfs and Codex), Nids and Eldar.

This is alist using all the models I have but for Skulltaker and Masque.

Herald of Khorne, Iron hide-85
Hearld of Tzeentch, We are Legion, master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch- 95

Troops
10x Bloodletters, Icon -185
10x Bloodletters, Icon- 185
10x Daemonettes-140
10x Daemonettes- 140
10x Horrors-170
10x Horrors, Changeling-175

Heavy support
Daemon Prince, Iron Hide-110

I would love to put a soulgrinder in but they cost quite a bit of points and money the same with Plaguebearers, they are a great unit but they cost so much. I would not have so many horrors either if I was not lucky and found a bunch of old Horror models at a car bootsale.
So any tips or models you think I should get ? I have a bid on a cheap bloodthrister and Lord of change so fingers crossed I get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 10:22 PM

the first thing you notice in a game with daemons is how easy all of the basic troops die besides nurgle. horrors have a 4+ sv which is nice but daemonettes and letters have 5+ svs and cost more than 11 pts, very sad indeed. maybe run some nurgle units.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-08, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Slaanesh's Plaything

Yep I have played a few games on vassal using Plaguebearers and they are a great unit, my only problem is I really dislike Nurgle units, I found the models ugly ( not in a good nurgle way) and really hard to paint. Also they cost alot. I guess with christmas coming up I could ask for 2 packs of plaguebearers. So should I get rid of a unit of bloodletters or daemonettes to make room for the plaguebearers.
I was also hoping most firepower would be on the Daemon Princes and not the lesser daemons.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-08, 10:08 AM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

i think you have too many troops, in a 1500 point game i think 4 troop choices would do, i would drop a bloodletters and daemonettes squad, then use the points to get some crushers and flamers, then put the herald on a juggernaught and join up with the crushers. any remaining points could be used to buy some upgrades for the princes or another herald

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-08, 06:15 PM

Id take the icons off the Letters and stick them on the Horrors, they wanna be coming down first anyway and have a 4+ inv so are more survivable. Id also make the princes nurgle, my cheap prince setup is:

Nurgle, Noxious touch, Cloud of flies - 125pts

Works very well, id also try and get a grinder and Plaguebearers, theyre awesome units, and wots wrong with the plaguebearer model? U gotta love a one eyed diseased corpse
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Slaanesh's Plaything

Ok I will update this list in a bit. I just picked up 20 plaguebearers on ebay for £8 so they should add some staying power. Also got a BloodThirster cheap, so do you think I should remove some of the heralds and add a BT.
Also got a Defiler that has been made into a Knight Titan its about as high as 2 1/2 dreads do you think my opponents would let me use it as a DP. It is mutated to look like a DP but it is alot larger and has a larger base.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-08, 04:54 PM

Yep, nothing says im gonna massacre ure army like a bloodthirster

Maybe drop a prince + some other stuff for him maybe the HOK. Id let u use the defiler/titan. Sounds like an awesome model and i know a guy who used to use a converted defiler for a prince. The only thing to ber in mind is with that big base make sure u dont end up scatterring within an inch of the enemy.

Another thought is u could always ude it as a soulgrinder if u wanna put one in, but that means making room for more pts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-08, 03:32 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it is almost always a mistake to not take at least one soulgrinder.
I am not a fan of the daemonettes myself I would turn them into plaguebearers or horrors.
I would also probably turn the herald of korne into herald of tzeench.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode