1K Chaos SM List - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-16, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Default 1K Chaos SM List

Starting a Chaos Army and wondering how this list would fair.

HQ Kharn 160
Troops: Maelstrom of Gore 420
Rhino transport 35
HS Land Raider 230
HS Havocs 155
-missile launcher
-missile launcher
-missile launcher
Flak missile
-missile launcher
Flak missile

Kharn and a group beserkers in the land raider followed by a group in a Rhino roll in. hopefully the land raider crew get the charge turn 1 with the extra charge distance granted for the maelstrom gore rules. (Beserkers get fleet plus 3' to their charge) another group of Beserkers protecting my Havocs in the back as deal with air and other armor. 4th group of beserkers looking for objectives and targets of opportunity. There's points not accounted for enough to get 11 chainaxes that I'd spread around the beserkers. Looking for constructive feedback on how competitive this would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-16, 02:44 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

At 1000 pts you should fare pretty well, however i'd use those spare points to get some meltabombs on Skull Champions. an odd walker could ruin your day! Also, i'd go for autocannons instead of missiles.
About competitiveness...it depends on your area. i can see the land raider and kharn take by surprise many lists at 1000 pts. If you are thinking about tourneys, however, rethink the list. Even at 1000 pts, you are a sitting duck vs most Tau and Eldar armies. IDK how this would fare Vs competitive necrons at 1000...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode