1850 TAC Flying Circus! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-06-16, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Default 1850 TAC Flying Circus!

Hi all,

Just looking for abit of feedback/recomendations on the following list for an upcoming friendly tourney.

I wanted a huuuge amount of Flying Monstrous Creatures.

HQ
Fateweaver
Lord of Change ML3, Impossible Robe, 1x Greater, 1x Exalted (Grimoire for Fateweaver)

Troops
2x 3 Nurglings

Heavy Support
3 Daemon Princes, Mark of Tzeench, ML2, Wings, Armour

Datasheet:
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury, 1x Greater Reward for Rampage, unless something better comes out.

So what do you think, will it work or struggle?

I thiink its a legal list. The Bloodthirster in Warzone Fenris is a datasheet? I hope lol!

It also clocks in at 1830 points. What should I put my last 20 points on?

Last edited by Ruka; 08-06-16 at 04:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-07-16, 10:48 PM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Yeah that list is legal, you just have to put the bloodthirster as a HQ. Datasheets don't let you take models on their own, thats just the name for the unit entry. But you can have 2 HQs in a combined arms detachment, meaning that your list is perfectly legal.

"That which we foolishly call truth is only a small island in a vast sea of the unknown. For man to truly flourish, he must be willing to abandon the ever-shrinking island of such petty 'truth' and surrender himself to the reality of that which is beyond."

Dark Apostle Erebus, architect of the Horus Heresy
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-16, 06:55 AM

Kristopholes's Flag is: USA

Issue here is that you have no real board control and most of your attack is dependent on good psychic rolls. If you want to keep this kind of list I'd switch out one of the tzeentchi princes for a Slaaneshi one and give it two lashes of despair and three psyker levels in biomancy so you can iron arm yourself and have 4d6 Str 9 AP- Rending shots at 12" that can be skyfire or not (if he's in the air as he should be). Still only one shot at one target but almost guarantees a unit is being deleted per turn.

If you're really wanting FMC's out of daemons you might as well do an infernal tetrad and then run a small CAD (or if you have the models one of the big formations). A tallyband made of nurglings is ridiculously cheap (in game at least).

Hope that helped!

Control the Chaos

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-16, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopholes View Post
Issue here is that you have no real board control and most of your attack is dependent on good psychic rolls. If you want to keep this kind of list I'd switch out one of the tzeentchi princes for a Slaaneshi one and give it two lashes of despair and three psyker levels in biomancy so you can iron arm yourself and have 4d6 Str 9 AP- Rending shots at 12" that can be skyfire or not (if he's in the air as he should be). Still only one shot at one target but almost guarantees a unit is being deleted per turn.

If you're really wanting FMC's out of daemons you might as well do an infernal tetrad and then run a small CAD (or if you have the models one of the big formations). A tallyband made of nurglings is ridiculously cheap (in game at least).

Hope that helped!
You cant have 2 lash of despairs on the same model.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-16, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbity View Post
You cant have 2 lash of despairs on the same model.
Wow, can't believe I missed that. I'd still say 2d6 Str 9 AP- Rending is worth it.

Control the Chaos
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-16, 06:08 PM

Agreed, its just the gamble you will get iron arm that puts me off doing it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-09-16, 08:41 PM

So say you didn't get iron arm, you still have 2d6 Str 6 AP- Rending shots on a FMC with 3 psyker levels. Meaner than a tzeentch prince with psyker lvl 2. If you don't have iron arm then you most likely have endurance. Not a bad deal either.

Control the Chaos

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode