HQ
Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage with 2 Greater Rewards
Herald of Tzeentch with Mastery Level 3 and Paradox
Herald of Nurgle with the Doomsday Bell and Psyker Level 1

TROOPS
11 Pink Horrors
10 Plaguebearers

INFERNAL TETRAD
Daemon Prince of Khorne with Daemonic Flight, 2 Greater Rewards and the Armour of Scorn
Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Daemonic Flight, Mastery Level 3, Greater Reward and Exalted Reward
Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Daemonic Flight, Mastery Level 3, 2 Greater Rewards and the Impossible Robe (Warlord)
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with Daemonic Flight, Mastery Level 3, 2 Greater Rewards and Soulstealer

Guess what? It's a Flying Circus Summoning list!

Tzeentch Prince is the Warlord because being a T6 3++ re-rolling 1s FMC with piss-easy ways to get to a 2++ rerollable (+1 Invuln warlord trait or Cursed Earth or Grimoire), and the Tzeentch traits are all really good for the Tetrad (-1 WS and BS when attacking them? Zing! Cast on 3+? Zing! Ignore a Perils every turn? Zing! +1 Invuln? Zing! ML4? Zing!). He flies around and is a pain in the ass; if he gets to 2++ rerollable, he'll drop down and charge some fools. If not, he's pretty happy flying about the place Summoning things and making a nuisance of himself.

Khorne Prince is the beater, being essentially T7 3+ armour; he goes and kills fools all over the shop, mainly aiming for enemy Monstrous Creatures. I wanted to give him Deathdealer so he could go after GMCs, but the Armour of Scorn is too good and I thought up another solution to that in any case.

Nurgle Prince is support. He's got a 2+ Jink and the Grimoire, but is the worst in combat (as far as 'worst' applies to a WS9 I8 Str6 A5 Monstrous Creature) as he can't Sweep, so he relies on flying around the place trying to stay in cover and giving out the Grimoire; usually to the Bloodthirster, but whosoever needs it most in that turn.

Slaanesh Prince is kinda the scalpel; he's fast enough to go after the weak things, with a Run of between 5" and 15", so he'll tend to go and mow through Devastators, Lootas, Guardians etc. to maximise his chances of staying at full wounds with Soulstealer. He's the most fragile, so has to be the most careful and try to combine his pushes with a push from one of the nastier guys to draw some fire, and is the most likely of all of them to roll all of his powers on Telepathy to get that clutch Invisibility or Shrouding. Didn't give him any armour because I liked the idea that if I find myself in such a situation, the Slaanesh/Nurgle/Tzeentch Princes can all go in and thin out the Grav Cav while the Khorne bros sit back and crack cold ones until the battlefield's a little less dangerous for them.

Bloodthirster goes straight for the enemy super-heavy or nasty HQ or whatsoever they bring that requires 8 thrusts of his Colossal D. Gets the Grimoire or Invisibility because if he doesn't die, he's going to really ruin peoples' day. I'm not entirely sure if I want the I1 all-night D of the Insensate Rage or go to the I9 Unfettered Fury with Deathdealer for a quickie; if Invisibility or Grimoire is up, it doesn't really matter, but slipping your D into a Wraithknight before it can swing would be a night to remember.

The Tzeentch little daemons contingent hangs back on an objective, Going to Ground in terrain because they're only there to cast buffs and fuel the antics of the Tetrad anyway. If the Princes are really giving the enemy a hard time of it and there's appropriate midfield terrain the Horrors will move up to get some sick sick 5-dice guaranteed Summoning. I don't know if it's a really good choice, as they might end up too far away to do much of anything, but it's certainly worth checking out and the Paradox is too good not to include in some way.

The Nurgle daemons are there to hold objectives and make Psychic Shriek/Terrify even nastier. That's it.

The Tetrad will all follow the same kind of system for their powers; first, you roll on Malefic. If it's Cursed Earth or, depending on matchup, Sacrifice/Incursion, they keep it and roll again on Malefic; if it's not, they swap out for Summoning and move over to Telepathy. If they roll Hallucinate, Mental Fortitude, or in some situations Dominate, they swap out to Psychic Shriek and roll again to gun for Terrify/Shrouding/Invisibility/sometimes Dominate (Dominate, on the whole, isn't fantastic, but against an already average Leadership army it combos deliciously with the Doomsday Bell and even moreso with Terrify; Grav Centurions that have to make a Ld7 or 6 leadership check, or a Riptide that has to make a Ld7 check, just for the privilege of shooting is a way better protective buff than WC1 would have you believe). I might experiment further with that, as Biomancy is pretty horrifying on Daemon Princes (Iron Arm, Enfeeble, Life Leech, Warp Speed and Endurance are all golden; Enfeeble makes the Khorne Prince fairly insane as he instakills anything naturally T5 or under on the charge, can Smash T6 MCs to instakill them at I9, and can't be hurt at all by anything under Str6!).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-16, 07:14 PM

LordOfTheWolves's Flag is: United Kingdom

"Dispatch the Culexus!"
"My lord, did you mean dispatch A culexus?"
"No, THE WHOLE DAMN TEMPLE!"

Just perusing the chaos lists to find this beauty. Saw a guy run a similar version to this, lacking the blood thirster but everything else just as heavily boosted. It was a brutal battle against a guard gun line.

And with death from the skies reducing the number of skyfire flyers zooming round, its going to be tough to deal with those guys!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 05:47 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

So out of curiosity: has this list been played at all, and how's it done?

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Rattlehead

I've got a Start Collecting Khorne box and 3 of the 4 Daemon Princes built, one more Prince unbuilt; project kinda on hold until I can source two pairs of the GW plastic Dragon Wings, I didn't realise they didn't sell them any more before I bought Princes that need them

So alas, no, there's a lot of models between here and playing the list and lots of other projects to distract my attention (the release of Chainglaives as an upgrade pack will finally drag me back onto 30k Night Lords, I've been playing Marines recently and want to try out some stuff from Angels of Death, and I've been enjoying Guard again of late so don't hold your breath for Daemons).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode