a new 1500pnt tzeentch list - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-16, 10:41 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
The Tzeentchi Flying Circus can work, though I suspect against a multi-Flyrant Nid list things would get... hectic. And nids have enough psychic dice to shut down some key powers.

I kind of prefer a flying circus that includes Be'lakor and possibly some Screamers, even though they're just jinking jetbikes, but... hey, I've talked about my preferences in that regard at length many times elsewhere on the forum, so forgive me if I don't replicate my spiel here.
It would be more like Battlefleet Gothic or X-Wing

I think I'd have to see flying Tzeentch daemons play first, but I imagine nids could be a hard match up. Without some extra defensive buffs brainleech devourers would tear apart daemon princes and greater daemons of Tzeentch, and even the garbage shadow in the warp as it is now could be tricky when casting powers is your main offensive ability

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-23-16, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

my idea was to run the list as Nordicus was saying use the first couple of turns of psychic phases as "shooting phases" and then summoning late game for objectives. the new tzeentch spells are really nice for a shooty psychic phase, and with the D strength spell to boot is going to help against big targets.

also the tournament is a teams challenge, so four players per team and captain selects which of his team plays which of the other. So can be a sort of selective match ups.

Mossy i don't have Bele'kor yet which is the main reason he didn't get a guernsey in the list. but im working on it. i like the screamer star that you have put forward on other lists and i will be using that once i get the big "B"

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-16, 10:00 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what was your list composed of?
Sure thing - It was a 1850 tournament list:

CAD 1:

- Fateweaver
- Tzeentch Herald on Disc (lvl3, grimoire)

- 11 x Pink horrors
- 11 x Pink horrors

- 6 x Screamers

CAD 2:

- Lord of Change (lvl 3, impossible robe)

- 11 x Pink horrors
- 11 x Pink horrors

- Daemon Prince (Wings, lvl 3)

1846 points total and 24 warpcharges to boot, alongside a 2++ screamerstar and 4 FMC.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-16, 12:07 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Sure thing - It was a 1850 tournament list:

CAD 1:

- Fateweaver
- Tzeentch Herald on Disc (lvl3, grimoire)

- 11 x Pink horrors
- 11 x Pink horrors

- 6 x Screamers

CAD 2:

- Lord of Change (lvl 3, impossible robe)

- 11 x Pink horrors
- 11 x Pink horrors

1846 points total and 24 warpcharges to boot, alongside a 2++ screamerstar and 4 FMC.
Nice. That list must be extremely difficult to interact with if you are aren't bringing lots of shooting capable of hitting flyers

Incidentally that must be quite a cheap army to build in terms of money (relative to most other 1850 point 40k lists)

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-16, 07:53 AM

I run a list much similar to this, one change I would make is swap the grimoire onto a prince and drop a screamer for paradox of the herald, which allows you to guarantee 3 warp charges on 5 dice, 2 warp charges on 3, or just roll one for 1wc
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-16, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

@Nordicus how did you find the impossible robe? would always be worried about rolling the 2 and losing an unwounded LoC. I suppose it would benefit from a cursed earth to take him to 2++ but putting a lot of faith in a dice roll. Although, then again with that many psychic rolls your bound to get at least one I guess.

@Nicanthrope I thought about Paradox as well on the LoC, but wasn't sure about trialling things at the tournament. So it worked well then?

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-16, 12:43 AM

Paradox is a herald only item
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-16, 10:24 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodzee316 View Post
@Nordicus how did you find the impossible robe? would always be worried about rolling the 2 and losing an unwounded LoC. I suppose it would benefit from a cursed earth to take him to 2++ but putting a lot of faith in a dice roll. Although, then again with that many psychic rolls your bound to get at least one I guess.
I only use it in lists where I'm statistically guaranteed at least 1 cursed earth, so give my army a second dosage of 2++ rerollable, in general. Here it has worked out splendid so far, as it does the same thing as a Grimoire does

Of course there will be games where I don't get cursed earth, but then I just keep him in the air for the most part, as that one 2 WILL come at some point.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-16, 02:20 AM Thread Starter

played the tournament just gone, the captain used me as the list to take the ones that everyone else in the team didn't want to face so was up against it every game.
Just a brief summary

game 1 eldar (L) points 36-16
was going first had the int seized
things of note
first turn lost a DP to the wraithknight
killed wraithknight turn one with prismatic gaze from fatey and a bolt of change.
3 of the objectives turned were skyfire nexus which didnt help but he was sucked in to trying to kill fatey which he couldn't.
summoned two burning chariots which toasted his farseer and unit.
couldn't hit the warp spiders who spent the whole game just grabbing objectives.
total losses 1 DP, LoC, a unit of horrors, a burnibg chariot and half of one unit of horrors
his losses farseer and his unit, 2 units of jetbikes, wraithknight, a unit of swooping hawks, and a couple of other models no other full units
he scored 18 of his points from tacticle objectives alone.

Game 2 tau (D) 16 - 16
went second
not much to say on this game i killed all his units except some command squad thing that was impossible to kill something that if my AP was better than his armour save some etheral thing he had just allowed him to roll equal or above the AP score and it avoids the wound and when i did wound everything had 4 wounds and any "D" just sucked up by pods. so nothing really happened in the game.
again fatey best on ground i lost one DP and a chariot, 1 unit of horrors
he lost 5 units, but had some skimmer things running around getting objectives, in hindsight should of killed the skimmers rather than trying to kill the tau command unit.

game 3 Necrons (W) points 18-11
LoC and fatey ran amok in this game both had prismatic gaze
got the int siezed again
lost a DP first turn again
then my first turn fate D'ed the barge and LoC d'ed the triarch stalker, pink horrors flickering fires one unit of warriors to death, grounded my remaining DP turn 2 and then charged him to keep him grounded with snake looking things the DP made short work of them in the two assault turns. flyer came in put 2 wounds on the LoC used Fatey's re-roll to keep him up. then one vector strike from LoC and then prismatic gazed to death.

game 4 (L) tyranids points 18-12
two flyrants grounded my LoC and a DP then swamped them but they survived to the last turn before the DP finally died and the LoC was on one wound thanks to the rewards 4+ FnP and the extra wound and will not die one.
fatey killed 2 units of gaunts, zoanthropes, gargoyles, a flyrant and warpstorm table turned the other flyrant into a herald.

summary
going second in every game hurt
objective based games are not your friend against fast armies
fateweaver is an absolute beast (can't wait to team him up with be'lakor)
ask about other peoples units that your not sure of.
and remember to claim objectives and to draw your cards every turn

but most of all was a fun day and the games were all learning curves as i had never played that kind of eldar army or the tau or the necrons. i have played those armies before but not set up. the way they were set up was just basically to win on objectives.

cheers

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode