Slaanesh & Tzeentch 1850pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Usaal's Flag is: Canada

Default Slaanesh & Tzeentch 1850pts

So I am in this local ITC league and I was hoping to put in a good showing with force that I love to play and no one else seems to field them. Only problem is that I am currently without a win... and I think it may be because I am getting stuck with that "shiny model" problem, where I go for what I like the look of more than what will help me win games. That being said, they have been close games, with only minor tactical errors (lost 13 Daemonettes to a Rhino that I exploded in melee with rending...bah...).
Please help me make an efficient list for a league, I can play the fluffy lists between games

-HQ- hehe 666pts
Herald of Slaanesh: 150pts
Locus of Beguilment, Level 2 PSyker, Steed of Slaanesh, Lesser reward (taking the Ether blade)
Herald of Slaanesh: 155pts - Warlord
Locus of Beguilment, Level 2 Psyker, Greater reward, lesser reward
Herald of Slaanesh:: 105pts
Level 2 Psyker, Lesser reward
Herald of Tzeentch: 175pts
Level 3 Psyker, Locus of Conjuration, Exalted reward (Grimwar),
The Blue Scribes: 81pts

-Troops- 380pts
Daemonettes x20: 190pts
Icon - warlord herald runs with these to give re-rolls
Daemonettes x10: 90pts
Herald with least rewards goes with these ones... to man a Aegis line with Icarus Lascannon
Pink Horrors x10: 100
Icon - summoning focus for icon and a warp charge...

-Fast Attack- 285pts
Seekers of Slaanesh x10: 135pts
Heartseeker-Lesser reward (Ether Blade) - Herald on mount runs with these
Screamers of Tzeentch x6: 150pts
Herald on disk goes with these.

-Heavy Support- 430pts
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch: 100pts
Thinking that perhaps a deep strike off the icon? I have been just running him up currently.
Seeker Cavalcade x3: 150pts
Each chariot has a lesser reward for the blade.
Soul Grinder: 180pts
Phlegm Bombardment, Daemon of Slaanesh

Aegis Defensive line: 85pts
Icarus Lascannon

So my way of playing so far has been that the Seekers are my heavy hitters... they have been able to get where I need them and just make enemy squads go "Poof!" that Locus is GREAT on this squad. The Daemonettes are a central killing blob that has icon for summoning off of it. I have been using the Soul Grinder as a Distract-0-fex, to keep people from just gunning into my Seekers and Daemonettes, as he looks scary and will rip things to pieces if they don't take him out.
The Blue scribes are great when used properly I find, you draw out the dice with your other spells first, and then use the Scribes to summon something up for free yes they dont get the base summoning spell, but I have gotten lots of free Crushers, and flamers ect with him. Also Sacrifice doesn't have to target the caster...
I have just added the Tzeentch herald on Disk and the Screamers, but I will try to use them as a standard zip around and cause trouble unit with the Grimwar for staying power, and if it fails they have the speed to get out of the way.
Also just added is the Aegis line with Lascannon... as now you have a Herald with enhanced BS over other units with a intercepting Lascannon!! I don't want to say stats as I think that's a no no on boards, but just think of a HQ BS skill on that big gun in an army that doesn't normally have such gun options. Good for shooting down those pesky flyers, as I don't have any flying units of my own.
The Burning chariot is one of those units I was just going to field it as I bought the model (to rip apart for the flamer, screamers and herald on disk) but then when I did field it.. The weapons this thing has are Great!, my first opponent decided to scout his command bike squad forward.... that was fun with a chariot across from him when I got first turn
So my games have been going very close, but I just cant seem to get that win out of them for some reason. I am wondering if to be competitive should I be putting in that 300pt Daemon prince who flys around casting and using the Lash to whip at flyers, or what ever he wants? Am I playing units that are too much flash and yet too easy to kill, like the Burning Chariot (pretty model, but low armor and if you Jink you cant use the Pink flame (or Blue, what ever one that is).
Between Proxy and my summoning stock pile I can feild anything Slaanesh, most Tzeentch units, and a few Khorne and Nurgle things. I also have a Decimator with Butcher cannon and Siege claw.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-11-16, 11:12 PM
alt-f4's Flag is: Belgium

I think that it lacks some Monstruous Creature.

Personally, I would get rid of the Aegis Defense Line (too non-fluffy for me :D), one Herald of Slaanesh, the Blue Scribes (to open up a HQ choice) and one Daemonettes unit (it could arrive through Malefic Daemonology later) to bring up a Keeper of Secrets or Slaanesh Daemon Prince with 3 levels in Telepathy and 2 Greater Rewards (which makes it quite resilient, and provides your opponent with an additional great target).

Apart from that, the Portalglyph may also be useful to bring up Daemons (and targets while the rest of your army is getting closer) within the enemy lines.

The Serrated Flame : a First Heretics army

- Primordial Truth is Humanity's only salvation -
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

I agree with that, the Scribes are fun, but its a HQ slot! that's a lot to give up for "fun".
so if I drop the scribes, defensive line and Squad of DAemonettes that frees up some points that I could instead take.
Daemon prince: 310pts
Flight, mark of Slaanesh, level 3 caster, 2 Greater rewards (could take lash to whip down some flyers or what have you, if I don't roll a power I like)
I would think I would run him as a flying prince the whole time, try not to land him if I can avoid it. Yea he could do some damage in melee, but I think he may be better to be used as a distract-o-fex that can still do damage well flying around.

That actually also leaves me with points to keep the 3rd Slaanesh Herald with a lesser reward, stick that into the squad of daemons on foot and she can break off into a summoned unit, or stay and provide melee punch.

-HQ-
Herald of Slaanesh: 150pts
Locus of Beguilment, Level 2 PSyker, Steed of Slaanesh, Lesser reward
Herald of Slaanesh: 155pts - Warlord
Locus of Beguilment, Level 2 Psyker, Greater reward, lesser reward
Herald of Slaanesh:: 55pts
Lesser reward
Herald of Tzeentch: 175pts
Level 3 Psyker, Locus of Conjuration, Exalted reward (Grimwar),
Daemon prince: 310pts
Flight, mark of Slaanesh, level 3 caster, 2 Greater rewards

-Troops-
Daemonettes x20: 190pts
Icon - warlord herald runs with these to give re-rolls
Pink Horrors x10: 100
Icon - summoning focus for icon and a warp charge...

-Fast Attack-
Seekers of Slaanesh x10: 135pts
Heartseeker-Lesser reward (Ether Blade) - Herald on mount runs with these
Screamers of Tzeentch x6: 150pts
Herald on disk goes with these.

-Heavy Support-
Burning Chariot of Tzeentch: 100pts
Thinking that perhaps a deep strike off the icon? I have been just running him up currently.
Seeker Cavalcade x3: 150pts
Each chariot has a lesser reward for the blade.
Soul Grinder: 180pts
Phlegm Bombardment, Daemon of Slaanesh

and that would be 1850pts even.
Thoughts on that rebuild?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-12-16, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Another question I thought up last night, Play style for this type of army.
Should I be pushing for the Daemonic summoning or go with standard disciplines? I have been pushing for summoning in the past, but with a 3 warp charge requirement its often just throwing dice away...
Have you guys found that its better to take the book/faction powers? or would you say that summoning up more Daemons is a better way to go?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-16, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

So now that I have the Wulfen book... this list is scraped hehe

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-13-16, 11:51 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

9 squads of Tzeentch seems a bit prohibitive, though 6 Slaanesh might be manageable, for the new formations.

In a sentence, what I would change about these lists: Add Fateweaver (plus a GrimoireHerald) and Be'lakor. Yes, that's 650 points for 9 T5 wounds, but you get so many psychic powers, including Invisibility and Shrouding guaranteed, and a rerollable Grimoire, plus Warp Storm rerolls, that you have many many layers of defense to compensate for the main weakness of daemons: their fragility. Screamers within 6" of Be'lakor for Shrouding, jinking to get that rerollable 2+ cover... mm. And if Fateweaver still gets "all the Tzeentchi powers" as well as the faq of 1 Daemonology per head, he's just shot up from having 10 psychic powers to having 13 psychic powers. On a ML4 psyker, plus Be'lakor's 3 MLs. And whatever Herald/Horror warp charge bank you can throw on there to boot.

The ITC circuit has nerfed 2+ rerollable saves and Invisibility, which hurts, but... I mean, I understand why. Having Be'lakor with 2+ cover (always when jinking, thanks to his native Shrouded) next to a squad of Screamers jinking for 2+ rerollable cover alongside a squad of Seekers with a BeguileHerald that have been Grimoired for a 3++ invuln and a Swooping Fateweaver raining down witchfires, plus Fatey's Staff of Tomorrow reroll of one clutch save per player turn...

It's quite a resilient front, incredibly mobile, lots of Rending/Fleshbane/Armorbane. Fatey and Be'lakor are also the only Daemons in the game with a native 4++ invuln, so that means they get 2++ from Grimoire, if one of them is hurting! Hard counters: if your opponent can alpha strike you T1 before you get your buffs up, or if they drop pod in a Culexus. I've had quite a bit of fun. Bonus: swap out one of the 2 11-man Horror squads for Nurglings or Daemonettes and everything I've listed is Highlander-legal! Add in a Soul Grinder, maybe a Maulerfiend in the CSM allied detachment (with Cultists) that Be'lakor is riding in on (since Fatey, the Tzeentchi GrimoireHerald, and the Beguileherald on Steed are taking up your 2 HQs in the daemonic CAD before any Wulfen-book Decurion shenanigans)... and you're pretty set, AFAIK. There's my go-to "competitive" 1850 point list these days. Soul Grinders mostly because they're tough-as-hell beasts, able to shrug off nearly anything as long as they don't run afoul of a Knight, Wraithknight, grav, meltacide, or massed podded skitarii haywire. The 5+ Daemon invuln has saved my rear so many times there.

Grimoiring a Burning Chariot turn it into the Little Engine That Could, shrugging off an absurd amount of firepower with its 3++ reroling 1s for a 3HP AV10 vehicle... that's also nice. Though its short range means if enemies get close enough to charge, the W3 T4 rider goes down pretty hard, people still underestimate it and it can pack a pretty versatile punch--AP3 torrent flamer or D3 AP2 S9 shots, hurrah!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 02-14-16 at 12:04 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode