Help with 750pt army - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-19-15, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Default Help with 750pt army

Hey guys,
Been a while since i last played 40k (back in 4th ed), but getting back into it atm.
Used to play chaos in fantasy and figured i'd give it a go in 40k instead of my old marines.

Looking for a few tips from the guys who have played a few games to help decide between and optimize the army's i have theory crafted. At this stage i only have 20 horrors, but not too fussed if they are/aren't used in the army

These are the three lists i have come up with so far

1-Tzerald based summoning list
lv3 tzerald 95
lv3 tzerald 95
lv3 tzerald 95
lv3 tzerald 95
horrors (17) 153
horrors (12) 108
horrors (12) 108
19 warp charges for a heap of summoning and hopefully a few greater daemons decide to appear. biggest issue is relying on summoning things for everything, although this is also the biggest strength (flexibility)

2 - Screamerstar junior
lv3 tzerald 95
lv3 tzerald 95
lv3 tzerald, disk, grimore 150
lv3 tzerald, disk 120
horrors (13) 117
nurglings (3) 45
screamers (5) 125
nurglings to give shrouded to screamers in case opponent gets 1st turn. Biggest issue is relying so heavily on screamerstar, although should have enough warp charges to still summon/buff things as needed

3 - quick moving asaulty army
herald, steed, beguilement, greater reward 110
daemonettes (10) 90
daemonettes (10) 90
seekers (10), heartseeker, greater reward 150
soul grinder, slaanesh, torrent 170
seeker chariot (3), greater reward 140

Soul grinder is really the only anti tank unit, which could be an issue against tank heavy armies. also no physic powers, so could struggle against physic heavy armies.

oh and FYI it's just coincidence that all the armies turned out to be mono god, don't mind mixing gods.

Also looked at trying to piece together a mini flying circus but don't know how it'll go without be'lakor/fatey and grimore

Slaan DP, wings, lash 215
soul grinder, slan 150
nurglings 45
daemonettes (14) 126

KOS 170
nurglings 45
daemonettes (11) 99

Cheers,
Luke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-06-16, 12:53 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Still here?? I think all are strong. It's quite impressive what the daemon codex can do at 750 points!

I think the psychic heavy tzeentch lists look very strong in theory but they seem like lists that would need to be tested in real games and I don't know how it would actually play out. The screamerstar list obviously doesn't have Fateweaver so you're at the mercy of the grimoire roll to some extent, but jink and lots of wounds are still going to be hard to get through via shooting at 750 points

The fast assault list looks effective but may be the weakest one. Definitely the list that will draw the fewest complaints from opponents though, unless your meta is really strong. On the other hand it looks like a consistent list where the first two could have bad days and unravel horribly. I'm thinking either list getting shot off the table early, bad summoning rolls, grimoire failing etc. I don't think being weak against armour is necessarily a problem for the Slaanesh daemons either since everything is fast and has rending, so anything rear armour 10 is in trouble

The daemon prince lists are nasty. Both are bound to be effective, and you could maybe even do better with two Nurgle princes (for 2+ cover when jinking), a Nurgle soul grinder, plaguebearers and nurglings. I don't know if that will fit in 750 points but it might. Maybe you could even afford a GUO instead of the soul grinder

www.communitycomp.org/

^ Balanced 40k!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Tags
40k , 750 , daemons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode