1500 Khorne Daemonkin help - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-15, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Default 1500 Khorne Daemonkin help

Pardon any rules/points mistakes, I am still pretty new to 40k, and made this with battlescribe. And I like my plasma pistols, hush!

CAD
HQ - Chaos Lord, Jugg, Sigil of Corruption, Plasma Pistol, Axe of Khorne -190
HQ - Chaos Lord, Jugg, Sigil of Corruption, Plasma Pistol, Goredrinker, Power Sword, Blood Forged Armor (Warlord) -210

Troops
8 Bloodletters, Bloodreaper 95
8 Bloodlettets, Bloodreaper 95
8 CSM, Plasma Gun, + Champ with combi plasma, Rhino 205

Heavy Support
Maulerfiend, Cutters, 130
Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils, 140

Gorepack
2 Bikers, 2x Melta, + champ with Combi-Melta 106
2 Bikers, 2x Melts, + champ with Combi-Melta 106
7 Flesh Hounds 112
7 Flesh Hounds 112

Idea is pretty straightforward. Run everything forward. I hope that the amount of charging/flat out units creates a target priority problem.

The two Lords will go with the hounds and look for juicy targets. I like double maulerfiends a lot. They make exceptionally good knight hunters with tendrils+cutters. I will be focusing on summoning with blood tithe points to drop on objectives. The CSM squad is basically there to soak up fire and let my Lords get closer - flat out on turn 1, lose the rhino for bloodtithe, unload with plasma and combi plas, probably die.

Bikes go tank/termi hunting.

Bloodletters will either start on the board to sit on a home objective or deepstrike, depending on the table.

I have a bunch of questions, but I'll simply ask one because I know this list will probably be torn apart. Is this enough bodies for 1500? I hope to summon on turn 3 and beyond.

And thanks.

P.S. - Oh, and the power sword is on the warlord along with Goredrinker in case he needs to strike at initiative. Goredrinker cares not whether it makes the killing blow or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-22-15, 12:22 PM
Feed

I've been helping my brother with a daemonkin list the last few months.

I think your body count is a bit low actually. But I don't know what you could do to increase it without losing either your bikes or some of the shiny things on your characters. You have explained Goredrinker and powersword, but I am struggling to see that as very applicable.

The Axe of Khorne I think is a solid choice. Maybe have that on your warlord and simply a power weapon on your second?

Is the juggernaut worth it for both of them? Or either of them? Bikes will give them the same speed for less points. Not the attacks and strength granted, but they'll keep up with their bike squads.

A sigil of Corruption on both I wonder about as well, they can hide in units from a round of shooting, they'll be in combat by turn two and against most opponents will have initiative or the ability to survive the first attacks.

Essentially the rule I follow is boyz before toyz. Try to fit as many models into the list as you can before going too hard on the upgrades. As it is, this list should perform well enough against marine lists, but armies with numbers are going to give you trouble. Maximizing your own model count should offset this.

I know blood tithe is going to give you more models anyway, but I think having more models at the start of the game will benefit you as well, especially if you find yourself facing a lot of guns in the first turn.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-15, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

I very much appreciate the detailed response.

I really liked the idea of two mini deathstars at 1500 points, but like you said, I am having trouble finding points to get bodies. And honestly, the troop choices for KDK seem pretty meh.

The point on the sigils is well taken. Looking at it again, having that and the bloodforged armor seemed a bit silly as well. I also looked over the artifact rules again and saw that I can't have two on one model. I thought that a weapon and armor would be independent of each other, but I was wrong

I put them both on juggs because it makes them more killy (little deathstars have to be scary!). But again, I think I am having that problem you mentioned of toys before boys.

I've been tinkering around with different lists today and am beating my head into a wall attempting to make the two lord list work at 1500. The troop choices are all so meh.... CSM are more expensive with the MoK tax, bloodletters seem like they would get shot up before getting to do anything... zerkers are too expensive to work in this list...

What about something like this? I don't want to drop a lord but it seems like I have to

CAD
HQ - Chaos Lord, Jugg, Sigil of Corruption, Plasma Pistol, Goredrinker, (Warlord) - 190

Troops
8 Cultists, autopistol ccw 58
8 Bloodletters, Bloodreaper 95
8 Bloodlettets, Bloodreaper 95
8 CSM, Plasma Gun, + Champ with combi plasma, Rhino 205

Fast Attack
Chaos Rhino 35
Chaos Rhino 35
Chaos Rhino 35

Heavy Support
Maulerfiend, Cutters, 130
Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils, 140

Gorepack
2 Bikers, 2x Melta, + champ with Combi-Melta 106
2 Bikers, 2x Melts, + champ with Combi-Melta 106
9 Flesh Hounds 112
5 Flesh Hounds 112

If this is a horrible idea feel free to make fun of me. I did realize that I didn't have many options if I wanted to summon a prince/thirster, so the cultists are there to give me a backup if I can't sac my biker/csm champ.

The Rhinos make it easier for my troops to do anything, as well as providing tithes when they inevitably die. The loss of the lord makes this list look weak though...

Perhaps I could do a Herald on a juggernaut 2nd HQ with the Loci that gives his unit hatred. He could go with the larger unit of hounds to make it more threatening.

Bah, any more advice would be lovely. Or a sample list.

Last edited by Jacht; 09-23-15 at 04:51 AM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-15, 01:07 PM
Feed

I think your second list is more balanced. I don't have my brother's codex with me at this time but I think the only thing he has done differently is the lack of any actual daemons in his core list, instead making the list entirely marine and cultist based and only using daemons that he gets via blood tithe.

Your troops choices may be meh, but generally they're the ones doing the important stuff in these games. Most games are objective based now, the emphasis on deathstar murderbeasts seems to have diminished this edition of the game. Most of the lists I make now I try to pack in four troops choices before I consider anything else. Being a marine oriented list, you could probably get by reliably with three.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-23-15, 04:18 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

My favorite way to run KDK is to go full MSU with as many gorepack units as possible. Field 20 flesh hounds in 4 packs and the like. What I typically do, as tempting as a Juggerlord is, is take the Slaughter Cult and stick my nearly naked Lord in a Rhino with the Possessed. That said, Juggerlords are... quite drool-worthy.

I would consider the Slaughter Cult, though: the necessary Possessed tax have long been a clunky unit for CSM, but with both MoK and DoK I've been surprised by how much of a punch you can pack with them--especially if you overload your opponent with enough rapidly-moving gorepack and maulerfiend threats that the Possessed are more or less overlooked until they hit home. The extra blood tithe point per turn and extra cash-in value make the formation worth it, to my eyes.

If I'm bringing CSM, they're already so near to 10 members in the squad that I generally just auto-include that for the 2nd special weapon.

I don't know if you need Bloodreapers in the 'Letters, as you can't summon into characters with the Daemon special rule--though I suppose the extra chance to challenge for blood tithe points is all well and good, and quite probably worth the cost. Especially without the Slaughter Cult generating you points.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode