chaos nurgle (2nd try) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-08, 03:43 AM Thread Starter

Default chaos nurgle (2nd try)

I reworked the list and this is what i came up so let me know what do u think?

hq
kugath the plaguefather 300pt

epidemius 110pt

troop
12 plagubeares of nurgle 205pt
chaos icon

12 plagubears of nurgle 205pt
chaos icon

12 plagubears of nurgle 205pt
chaos icon

11 plagubears of nurgle 165pt

9 nurglings 117pt

9 nurglings 117pt

heavy
daemon prince of chaos 215pt
(mark of nurgle
cloud of flies
noxious touch
daemonic flight
iron hide
)

daemon prince of chaos 175t
(mark of nurgle
cloud of flies
noxious touch
demonic gaze
)

soul grinder 185pt
(phlegm
tongue
)

total 1999

Thanks and feel free to rip it apart. I think this should hold up to almost everything what do you think ?

Last edited by deviant_cadaver; 10-15-08 at 10:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-08, 06:36 PM

Wow, 20 man Plaguebearers Squads!! I think thats a little over the top, maybe knock them down a little and add another squad cos as it is you havent got a lot of scoring units (despite them being hard as rock). I havent playtested yet but i think Breath of Chaos is more useful than iron hide on the princes, and im not too sure about both gun upgrades on the grinder, buti ts 2k, so u got the pts to play with. I havent played my Nurgle 5th ed yet so im only speakin from 4th ed experience, though.

Kugath + Nurglings
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-08, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

well at least 1 squad has to be 20 there hiding epidemius. I was trying to keep the squads big so they would give up less kill points. ill have to see how they do on objective mission and maybe break them down a bit. Probably going to need to considering all my scoring units are S&P.I have been trying to work breath in there some how but i really don't want to drop iron hide.I might end up dropping phlegm to give one prince breath. Unfortunately the herald was just not pulling his wight so he became more nurglings. What do you think runtherd ?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-08, 10:16 PM

Yeah im all up for more nurglings, theyre great especially when the tallys high, i know what u mean about iron hide though, maybe lose the phlegm for breath as you said. You may want to keep your squads big, and thats up to you, but plaguebearers are only 15pts so you could drop say a couple in favour of upgrades, like the breath.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-08, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

yah thanks i dropped 2 plaguebearers from each. to give both DPs breath. Sure now almost 1/4 of my army's points is in them but lol i think it evens out that they enable the nurglings to become as scary as they do. thanks for the idea not sure why i did not think of it and if epidemius cant hide in 18 plaguebearers he is just not worth having i guess. well thanks and unless someone has something else to say it looks like this will end up as my army.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 12:05 AM

I think that looks pretty solid, at this point I would play that a bit to see how it works and if you wanna change it up at all.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 12:54 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant_cadaver View Post
I reworked the list and this is what i came up so let me know what do u think?

hq
kugath the plaguefather 300pt
Awesome. ;) Just be careful around lascannons, smart players will aim them at Ku'gath because they know it won't allow him Feel No Pain. Also, use Ku'gath's Nurgling throw as often as you can to help the tally on its way.

Quote:
epidemius 110pt
Not much to say here.

Quote:
troop
18 plagubeares of nurgle 295pt
chaos icon

18 plagubears of nurgle 295pt
chaos icon

10 plagubears of nurgle 150pt
These units look nice. Maybe a bit big, though. Perhaps drop the two 18 man units to 16 and add the extras to the unit of 10.

Quote:
8 nurglings 104pt

7 nurglings 91pt
Nurglings are awesome. Use them to tie up big nasties like Terminators and such until the Tally powers them up to the point where they can shred anything in seconds.

Quote:
heavy
daemon prince of chaos 245pt
(mark of nurgle
iron hide
cloud of flies
noxious touch
daemonic flight
breath of chaos
)

daemon prince of chaos 245t
(mark of nurgle
iron hide
cloud of flies
noxious touch
daemonic flight
breath of chaos
)
I think Daemonic Flight might be overkill. Think about dropping that and picking up Daemonic Gaze instead so you can get some kills on the turn that they enter the game.
Quote:
soul grinder 185pt
(phlegm
tongue
)
ditch this guy. He isn't a Nurgle aligned model so he won't help the tally. Maybe look into another Prince?

Best of luck!

Katie D

Last edited by Katie Drake; 10-08-08 at 04:41 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

I have been considering dropping the soulgrinder and I am not a fan of the wings ,but until the tally is going this list will have a big problem with and armor and even more so with tanks. FNP is awesome, but it also comes with S&P so the wings are nice to have some mobility. Do you see away to deal with the armor problem I think i might end up dropping the iron hide and just count on the T6 to keep him alive anything that is heavy enough to hurt him dose not give a armor save any way.This would give me enouf points to get another DP and add a few gazes.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 07:59 AM

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

i would keep the soulgrinder, you cant go wrong there, i know is doesn't help your tally but who cares, every other unit does and just use the grinder to blow up tanks

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-08, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

i tooled the DP for specific jobs the first one is to get to those annoying ranged units. the second to sit back and fire of shots till he is ready to handle the charge. Geting ride of the wings gives me 41 points to work with and i am not sure where to add them could add another 3 man unit of nurglings as a tar pit , i could give a ranged attack to the already pricey DP , or could just add 2 more pleguebearers to shore up them a bit. any suggestions ?

Last edited by deviant_cadaver; 10-13-08 at 08:05 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode