Melee MSU [1500][3 CAD] - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Default Melee MSU [1500][3 CAD]

Trying something new. I figure Scoutshame and Lictorspam placed top 2 in the LVO, so I might as well imagine something just as loco. A bit concerned by my total lack of anti-air, and I'll struggle against a vehicle that I can't hit weak rear armor on, my only real AT being the Screamer squads... but I'm working with the minis I have available. S5 Furious Charge Hounds and S5 Heralds might well be enough to get rear armor AV10 down, against non-walkers...

Even if the enemy have a few Knights or vehicles I can't touch, I imagine that the sheer number of units and tarpits I have on the board will slow them down enough that I can still eke out a points based win. Maelstrom, especially.

Going for a combination of death by a thousand cuts and total threat overload--very mobile, very small squads, and everything that MSU has to offer. With any luck, big enemy shooty blobs will waste all their firepower vanishing a single 5-Hound block. HoS will hang at the back of Daemonette squads until the squad takes enough of a pounding that they have to shuck retinues and join a different squad (provided they haven't gone up in smoke with the unit), and will use their Steed movement to slingshot forward for an extra few inches of assault range, if necessary.

Deliberately surrendering First Blood here, obviously. Considering how many Daemonette w/ HoS on Steed squads and Seeker squads to Outflank in a given game--I obviously need space to deploy this horde, even if the Flesh Hounds are Scouting, but also need enough minis on the board that enemy shooting won't thin the herd so much that I trickle in piecemeal. The Warlord's Daemonettes, at least.

Could expand to 1750 or 1850 with a 4th HoS, 2 Nurgling Squads, and another 2 Flesh Hound squads.

CAD 1

80 - HoS w/ Greater Reward (0: Greater Etherblade) & a Steed of Slaanesh [Warlord]

90 - 10 Daemonettes
90 - 10 Daemonettes

60 - 5 Seekers
60 - 5 Seekers
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CAD 2

80 - HoS w/ Greater Reward (0: Greater Etherblade) & a Steed of Slaanesh

90 - 10 Daemonettes
90 - 10 Daemonettes

100 - 4 Screamers
100 - 4 Screamers
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CAD 3

90 - 10 Daemonettes
90 - 10 Daemonettes

80 - 5 Flesh Hounds
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Was thinking "hmm, damn, it's a shame I glued some Horrors to the back of this 9th Screamer I have, so I can't use it for 3x 3 Screamers," when it occurred to me, "Huh, I still haven't tested out the mechanic of the Blue Scribes rolling on Daemonology every turn with a 50% chance at passing a WC3 power with no psychic test, and The Blue Scribes cost riiiight about as much as one of these Heralds..." and the rest is a fevered blur. A blur that included a lot of points jiggling to get things juuust right, and included the addition of a Portalglyph, because why not. Fewer Steed-Heralds, though.

Scribes are hiding on their own. Fairly sure I can hide them out of sight. Hoping to turn themselves into a Greater Daemon early in the game, but can also summon in replacement Flesh Hounds or Screamers, some fresh Fiends or Flamers, or even a Herald.

1850, 4 CAD

CAD 1

80 - HoS w/ Greater Reward (0: Greater Etherblade) & a Steed of Slaanesh [Warlord]

90 - 10 Daemonettes
90 - 10 Daemonettes

72 - 6 Seekers
72 - 6 Seekers
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CAD 2

90 - 10 Daemonettes
90 - 10 Daemonettes

100 - 4 Screamers
100 - 4 Screamers
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CAD 3

81 - The Blue Scribes

90 - 10 Daemonettes
90 - 10 Daemonettes

80 - 5 Flesh Hounds
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CAD 4

75 - HoN w/ Exalted Reward (0: Portalglyph)

45 - 3 Nurgling Swarms
45 - 3 Nurgling Swarms

80 - 5 Flesh Hounds
80 - 5 Flesh Hounds

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 03-13-15 at 09:40 AM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 02:48 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

I haven't been totally clear on how Scoutshame and Lictorspam, work as lists. But both do appear to have a hard-hitting element.

What type of flyers can you get in the Deamon Codex?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 07:22 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Your only option is the Blight Drone from forge world or a flying Greater Daemon/Prince, neither of which are exceptionally good or reliable. Yet i feel ignoring the enemies flyers is the best way to go when building an all-rounder Daemons list, with many fast moving and DSing units I feel it's quite possible to outmaneuver the enemies flyer or simply drown him in models.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 07:51 PM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

the deamons have only the big guys as AA. Deamon Princes, greater deamons.

would be nice with something ground based and cheap.

Like a hmm what are the name of those 4 barrel things from ig?

anyhow..

i have been wondering about the scribes too.
Difficult to keep alive, but can do great stuff with a bit of luck.

But would be better if the opponent had other things to use his dispel dice on.
Perhaps a magic lvl for one of the Heralds?
Then there is also something to use the free d6 dice for.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_Niimura View Post
Your only option is the Blight Drone from forge world or a flying Greater Daemon/Prince, neither of which are exceptionally good or reliable.
Basically, in an MSU list. I could ally in CSM for a Hellblade, or something, but then I'd be bringing in a cultist/sorc tax for the cheapest possible minimum detachment who wouldn't really add anything--essentially doubling the cost of the Hellblade. And a Daemon Prince would cost more than that doubled cost...

I mean, I could get an ADL, but a) a single lascannon or quadgun aren't thaaat spectacular at taking out flyers and b) if I were taking an ADL, I'd rather grab a comms relay, honestly... I just dread running up against 3 Flyrants, since those fools would be wiping out a unit each per turn, basically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
I haven't been totally clear on how Scoutshame and Lictorspam, work as lists. But both do appear to have a hard-hitting element.
I'll be honest--I don't really get Scoutshame, either. Hence why so many people have been shamed by it, I think. I mean, I get some of the working elements, all of which appear to be pretty solid--maxing out IF chapter tactics with a lot of cheap bolters and Devastators for Tank Hunter buffs; Lysander and some psykers in a Centurionstar; DSing BA command squad with melta; thunderfire cannon...

But scouts are so damn fragile. I feel like looking at this list illuminates the gap between a good list-builder and an excellent list-player, since it got to 2nd place. I don't think I'm missing any hidden insanely powerful synergies, am I?

Lictorspam is more comforting in how alien and unfamiliar it is--it's not using elements I'm used to seeing, used in some original manner.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 03-13-15 at 08:36 PM.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 08:20 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Fleshhounds. Wow. Never thought I'd see them become a centrepoint of ANY list.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by otasolgryn View Post
But would be better if the opponent had other things to use his dispel dice on.
Perhaps a magic lvl for one of the Heralds?
Then there is also something to use the free d6 dice for.
I've been thinking something in that vein. Horrors for the Scribes to hide in would use those dice pretty well, I think. Of course, if I want to fit those in, that's one less squad of Daemonettes... (though it's also, admittedly, one fewer unit choking the front of the deployment zone trying to scramble toward the enemy)

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Fleshhounds. Wow. Never thought I'd see them become a centrepoint of ANY list.
S3 Seekers with Rending don't cut it against T5 3++ Wraiths. 35 Flesh Hounds with Furious Charge might... (though I4 is a bit concerning)

Plus, well, they're a not-too-expensive Scouting chaff that will choke up enemies with a whole shedload of wounds, assaulting after only one phase of enemy shooting (bottom of T1 or top of T2). And any unit they tie up can't shoot at the 'Nettes and Seekers as those close the gap...

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-13-15, 09:32 PM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

i really like the MSU approach.

have to see if i cant convince the locals to multiple CADS.

and been very happy about finding the 25 points for just one psyker lvl.

its alot of dice for 25 points. and it does give you 2-3 spell to use of, depending

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode