Nurgle with Lord of Skulls 1,850 battle forged - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Default Nurgle with Lord of Skulls 1,850 battle forged

So here's my attempt at a cheesy list with what I do have^^:

HQ:

GUO
ML3 (Biomancy)
2xExalted Reward (swapping one for Balesword)

Troops:

10 Plaguebearers

3 Nurgling Bases

Fast Attack:

3 Plague Drones
Plaguebringer
Lesser Reward (Etherblade)
Icon

Blight Drone

Heavy Support:

Soul Grinder
DoN
Phlegm

Lords of War:

Lord of Skulls
Skullhurler

It couldn't have fitted better at just 1,849 points.

The idea is to move the Drones and Lord of Skulls up the table as quickly as possible, then DS in the GUO and the Plaguebearers for a massive charge on the next turn (the Lord of Skulls makes for an excelent damage sponge since it's a huge model and damaging it will only make it more angry xD)

Alternatively the entire army can be deployed in cover with the GUO casting Endurance on everything around him to make an unkillable gunline. You might not get many shots but those templates will definetly lay down the hurt! (the Skullhurler alone should be able to rack up a pretty decent killcount)^^.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-15, 02:55 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

mmh, an extremely small body count...that means that every enemy gun will be pointed on the GUO and then on the Skullcrusher.
I'd rather field an horde of plaguebearers as MSU and deepstrike them amongst the enemy, then take a tzeentch herald with horrors & portaglyph for some more spam and support the big boy with a couple of winged DP's...
but this of course would break the "models I own" rule, i guess

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
mmh, an extremely small body count...that means that every enemy gun will be pointed on the GUO and then on the Skullcrusher.
I'd rather field an horde of plaguebearers as MSU and deepstrike them amongst the enemy, then take a tzeentch herald with horrors & portaglyph for some more spam and support the big boy with a couple of winged DP's...
but this of course would break the "models I own" rule, i guess
I never said it was intended to win me alot of games (especially now that I don't have the time or the opponents to play with). I just really dislike having a lot of troops clogging the board. I have a couple of spare units to play around with (ie. Be'Lakor, Screamers and Cultists), but this was all I could cram into a 1,850pts list.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 02:03 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_Niimura View Post
10 Plaguebearers

3 Nurgling Bases
I'd rather have 2 squads of Nurglings, honestly. Easier to hide, more wounds, half as many points, still have Shrouded, and just as slow.

Quote:
Blight Drone

Heavy Support:

Soul Grinder
DoN
Phlegm
If you're bringing a Blight Drone, why not a Plague Hulk instead of a SGoN? Cheaper mini with essentially similar stats...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I'd rather have 2 squads of Nurglings, honestly. Easier to hide, more wounds, half as many points, still have Shrouded, and just as slow.

If you're bringing a Blight Drone, why not a Plague Hulk instead of a SGoN? Cheaper mini with essentially similar stats...
Sadly the Nurglings I own are the small metal ones, the new plastic ones look awesome but I'm afraid that using both in the same force would just look silly. If I happen upon a few more I wouldn't think twice about swapping them for the squad of plaguebearers.

I love the Plague Hulk but it's price tag is a little out of my reach atm. definetly a model I hope to add in the future though!^^

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 03:24 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Sadly the Nurglings I own are the small metal ones, the new plastic ones look awesome but I'm afraid that using both in the same force would just look silly. If I happen upon a few more I wouldn't think twice about swapping them for the squad of plaguebearers.
I find that the loose nurglings hanging around a Plaguebearer box and the like can make a good base and a half or so of Nurglings (assuming about 4 little minis per base) who aren't the new, highly-heaped swarm minis--you might have to cut some intestine ropes out of hands, but they don't look too different from the older ones...

Quote:
I love the Plague Hulk but it's price tag is a little out of my reach atm. definetly a model I hope to add in the future though!^^
If you have an even slightly Nurgle-converted+painted Soul Grinder, I can't imagine people kicking up a fuss about using the one as the other, given how similar the two are.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

I'll probably get over my nitpicking in time since I really love the new Nurglings

The thought of just using my Soul Grinder as a Plague Hulk had crossed my mind, they are almost exactly the same in every possible way. I wouldn't have a problem if my opponent fielded one as such so I don't see why anyone else would. I'll definetly give it a try, thnx!

With the Plaguebearers swapped out for more Nurglings and the Soul Grinder counting as a Plague Hulk I might even have enough spare room to swap the GUO for Be'Lakor

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 03:27 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
With the Plaguebearers swapped out for more Nurglings and the Soul Grinder counting as a Plague Hulk I might even have enough spare room to swap the GUO for Be'Lakor
I imagine your LoS will enjoy that Invisibility...

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I imagine your LoS will enjoy that Invisibility...
My point exactly

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-21-15, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

HQ:

Be'Lakor

Troops:

2x3 Nurgling Bases

Fast Attack:

Blight Drone

3 Plague Drones
Icon
Plaguebringer
Lesser Reward (Etherblade)

Heavy Support:

Plague Hulk
Iron Claw

Lords of War:

Lord of Skulls
Skullhurler

Updated the list with the changes you suggested, looks pretty nasty don't you think?

Last edited by Ryu_Niimura; 02-21-15 at 04:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode