Slaanesh 1500 pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
seasnday's Flag is: Spain

Default Slaanesh 1500 pts

Hello, I have a tournament this month and I have made this list:

KoS, 2 greater rewards, level 2 (235 pts)

Herald slaanesh, steed, focus of switfness, lesser reward, level 2 (140 pts)

Herald slaanesh, steed, focus of switfness, lesser reward, level 2 (140 pts)

15 daemonethes (135 pts)

15 daemonethes (135 pts)

15 seekers of slaanesh (180 pts)

5 fiends of slaanesh (175 pts)

Seeker chariot (40 pts)

Daemon prince slaanesh, armour, wings, level 3, lesser reward, greater reward (320 pts)

Heralds goes with seekers and fiends, pushing the front. Keeper goes in the front too, trying to get the enemy attention. Daemon prince fly overheads throwing spells (I don´t know witch lore is better here)

Seeker chariot maybe a first blood handicap, Iwould try to give him a support role with daemonettes.

Please give me some feedback and corrections... I have many more slaanesh models so I can do changes!!!

This game rules... when you wins too!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-15, 11:19 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

First off, I'd drop the Seeker Chariot for 2 more Daemonettes in both of those squads.

Heralds! Get them Greater Rewards rather than Lesser Rewards, so that when they swap for Greater Etherblades they get that +1S over mere Etherblades. A6 I7 WS7 S5 AP2 attacks (rerolling to hit with Beguilement, if you follow my next tip) will ruin practically anybody's day! As far as Locuses go, Beguilement all the way. Not only do you get the challenge benefits, but rerolling to hit on a whole swarm of Daemonettes will shred just about any unit that they can injure, rather than just lay the hurt on them. We're talking several more rends and several more other wounds on any given target, on the assault--wipe them out! Swiftness can on rare occasions be useful (against a DP or Dark Eldar, or something), but you have Fiends there too to help handle anyone whose Initiative is prohibitively high.

Speaking of Fiends, I would rather have 2 units of 3 of them than a unit of 5, if you can find the points for one more. Their benefits of Initiative-crippling is the main reason to take them, so if you can get twice the bang for your buck from them, soaking up Overwatch and dropping units in cover so that your 'Nettes and Seekers strike at the same time as them when assaulting... that's when you're getting the most out of them.

You have a crapload of Rending, which is awesome, but not as much anti-tank as I would like. Have you considered adding Be'lakor, from the dataslate GW released? He's an Undivided DP, so he technically wouldn't be breaking the mono-god theme, he has every single Telepathy power, which complements the Slaaneshi proficiency in that area nicely (yay for a definite Invisibility to hide one of your Daemonette blocks!), and has some solid Armorbane S7 attacks, too. Of course, how you fit him in in an HQ slot is the question... you could drop your Slaaneshi DP and scrape up some points to add Be'lakor and 10 cultists as an allied CSM detachment? Or even drop the DP and the KoS, freeing up points to play with elsewhere?

So what I might suggest, after playing with the points a bit myself:

350 - Be'lakor
160 - HoS w/ ML2, Beguilement, Steed, Greater Reward (Warlord, trying for Lord of Unreality trait) (joins Seekers; prime target for Invisibility from Be'lakor or any of the Heralds that have the power)
160 - HoS w/ ML2, Beguilement, Steed, Greater Reward (joins smaller Daemonette squad)
155 - HoS w/ ML2, Beguilement, Exalted Reward (swap for Grimoire) (joins larger Daemonette squad)

153 - 17 Daemonettes
144 - 16 Daemonettes

105 - 3 Fiends
105 - 3 Fiends

168 - 14 Seekers

1500 exactly.

That said, a flying Slaaneshi DP can offer some solid AA with a Lash of Despair--especially if you roll up Iron Arm on Biomancy (50% chance that 3 rolls gives you), for S9 lash attacks! Great for taking down flyers, but if you aren't facing AV12 flyers, then you can safely go Telepathy for Psychic Shriek, so that you can lash/Shriek units into submission. If you want, you could maybe just drop the KoS in order to make some of those other changes I suggested--the Slaaneshi DP would shunt over to the HQ slot that opened up, but that's all right.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 09:36 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Mossy beat me up to that. Also, when he talks about Be'lakor, just consider him speaking about his preferred pet: he's biased towards the little daemon
I think you can be ok even with a Lord of change or a ML3 Daemon prince with lash or iron arm. Sure, Belakor gives some more flexibility...
Anyhow mossy's list is somewhat better than your first, being faster and providing a greater focus for your hitters, imo (plus, the chariot is moot-ish. Awesome model, but just a couple of autocannon shots away from being firewood...)
Keeper of secret, alas, are slow. They cannot keep te pace of your army and are easy to take out, being relatively squishy and unable to fly...
My two cents. GLORY TO CHAOS!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 05:31 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Also, when he talks about Be'lakor, just consider him speaking about his preferred pet: he's biased towards the little daemon
Whoa, size isn't everything. He may be the smallest Daemon Prince that GW has produced, but it's not how large he is that matters: it's how you use him. In any case being small means he's easier to fit inside *ahem* cover, to avoid enemy shooting.

But yeah, I think the "I <3 Be'lakor" link to a tactica on the fellow in my sig is a bit of a giveaway, there...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-15, 06:12 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-15, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
seasnday's Flag is: Spain

Sounds good!!! Thanks for optimize my list, I would try it in a copuple of days!!!

Also, if you couldn´t take Belakor, what would you take??

This game rules... when you wins too!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-15, 09:59 PM
Entropy Fetishist

I'd go with the DP of Slaanesh in the HQ rather than HS roll. I'd probably also grab it 2 greater rewards rather than a greater and a lesser, and swap one of them for the Lash of Despair--preferably a less useful one, like if you roll the 3+ armor when you already bought some of your own.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Tags
slaanesh

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode