my first tzeentch list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-15, 12:33 AM Thread Starter

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

Default my first tzeentch list

hey guys this is my first tzeentch list (these are the models I own and in the middle of painting)

all comments welcome will look to expand so some ideas would be good as well cheers.

HQ

Kairos Fateweaver
Lord of change with Grimoire
3x herald of tzeentch with lesser locus of trans (these guys are with each of the pink horror units)
exalted flamer (runs with the flamers)

elites
5x flamers (1 is a pyrocaster only because I had 5 points left over)

fast attack
9x screamers

troops
12x pink horrors
12x pink horrors
12x pink horrors

total 1499

let me know what you think if anything is out of place or changes I could make. bearing in mind that I want to keep it a tzeentch list. and not looking for uber competitive list but something that is going to hold its own as well.

cheers in advance

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-16-15, 03:51 AM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

I like the idea of a shooty army but a mono-god list lacks the flexibility of being able to deal with many different threats. Beast of Nurgle for example work excelent as a meatshield to keep your squishy horrors safe from harm. Also do not forget about the warpfire rule and make sure you focus down one unit at the time or you'll be giving out FnP like candy.

On the list itself;

I'd drop the exalted flamer for starters, it really does you no good. Flamers themselves are awesome but 5 seems a little too much imho, I would rather settle for a small unit of 3 or 4 and use the remainder of the points elsewere.

Also you can't really go wrong with a Soulgrinder or two, they really are that good. The mark of Nurgle is excelent for camping in difficult terrain but the mark of Tzeentch gives it that little more survivability while maintaining it's mobility.

Aside from that I'd advise dropping the grimoire on the LoC and giving him 2 greater and a lesser reward for more survivability and so he can pack a serious punch in close combat which you really need (You're not looking for a competitive list so you won't need it).

Hope this helped, if there's anything else just ask^^.

Ps; You could try splitting up your screamers and running them as 3 man suicide squads for popping tanks, after which you can then unload an unholy amount of firepower on the guys that make it out alive^^.

Last edited by Ryu_Niimura; 01-16-15 at 03:55 AM.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 09:29 AM

Same advice as Ryu really. Exalted Flamers are naff because they don't get relentless, so they cant really move and shoot. What makes them even more stupid is that Flamers are Jump Infantry, while the Exalted version is just Infantry. So by including them you actually cripple the unit.
Splitting up the Screamers is a good idea unless you plan to deathstar.
Other than that, looks promising.

Other sneaky thing you can do is stuff like buying yourself a Bastion for 75pts if you want upgrade with a quad of Icarus and maybe an ammo store for rerolling shooting hits of 1s. Put the 4 heavy bolters facing towards the enemy and enjoy an additional 4 X 3 BS3 S5 AP4 shots that DON'T have to shoot the same target as you fired all the pink horror fireballs at (though this works better with Blood Letters as they are BS5).

OR go for something like a Firestorm Redoubt to act as a bunker with 2 self firing Quad Icarus, or Punisher Gatlings or Battle Cannons. Shooting your Magic Fireballs from inside your AV14 Building shell.

OR a pair of Vengeance Weapon Battery with Punisher Gatling, Battle Cannon or Quad Icarus again. If you allow something like Blood Letters to fire them you have BS5, if you go for Herald of Khorne you have BS7. Having -5 or -7 (or if you went for Skulltaker it is -9) to the scatter dice is pretty awesome with Battle Cannons . Lord of Change also makes good crew if you plan to keep them near the back with BS6 and as a Monsterous Creature he can fire 2 weapons, so can actually take control of 2 Vengeance Weapon Battery at the same time. Oh and if you arm him with Greater Reward for a Mutating Warpblade. This means when you slay an enemy character or monstrous creature (doesn't matter if you use the weapon to do it, or a magic attack or whatever, as long as the bearer does it) you can roll a 2+ to turn it in to a spawn. This is insane when using Gatlings or Battle Cannons, as you could kill multiple unit Sergeants and Characters with 2X 20 S5 AP- or 2 XS8 AP3 Large Blast shots respectively.
Also the nice thing is that it isn't to hard to convert up 2 things to be big mutated things that spit out warp blasts.

The other thing I noticed is that you have 3 HQ choices as you have Fatey, LoC and the Heralds. This means your army is currently Unbound as you cant use an allied detachment with your own army.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 09:43 AM

ExaltedUrizen's Flag is: Australia

Actually I am pretty sure you can ally with yourself as battle brothers. So this list is a perfectly legal battle forged army. As for feedback, even with fateweaver re-rolling warpstorm, if you get khornes wrath you are pretty stuffed, so i would maybe use a few less flamers or pink horrors and get an instrument or 2. I always run at least 2 in 1000 point+ games, but thats just from my personal experiences. Besides that, the list is pretty good, and could potentially be very annoying of you use malefic daemonology and spam pink horror summoning and double your points.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaltedUrizen View Post
Actually I am pretty sure you can ally with yourself as battle brothers. So this list is a perfectly legal battle forged army. As for feedback, even with fateweaver re-rolling warpstorm, if you get khornes wrath you are pretty stuffed, so i would maybe use a few less flamers or pink horrors and get an instrument or 2. I always run at least 2 in 1000 point+ games, but thats just from my personal experiences. Besides that, the list is pretty good, and could potentially be very annoying of you use malefic daemonology and spam pink horror summoning and double your points.
You can't ally with yourself as battle brothers as far as I know. You CAN ally with a supplement, but it says in the BRB that it has to be a different codex than the one used for your primary detachement.

I didn't even mention the 3 HQ choices with unbound being a thing nowadays but yeah you're right @mayegelt

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 09:41 PM

Says here in the chart that you can ally with yourself. Even the tyranids have one so it cant be something else.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 836913_orig.jpg (346.1 KB, 4 views)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExaltedUrizen View Post
Says here in the chart that you can ally with yourself. Even the tyranids have one so it cant be something else.
Oh dear you're absolutely right, it seems 6th edition hasn't fully left my system yet haha. Thank you for clearing that up though as this means my army is still battle-forged and you've just made my day!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-15, 10:31 PM

Haha glad to help, when I got the new rulebook I noticed straight away, but thats because one of my armies is tyranids so I had to see if anything allies-wise had changed.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

thanks for all the advice guys.

didn't realize the exalted flamer wasn't jump infantry (doesn't make sense, he is supposed to be better than a standard one).

I was thinking about getting another screamer to make 2 units of 5. so i'll drop the exalted flamer pick up some icons and another screamer.

sorry yeah should've pointed out that the lord of change and 1 group of pink horrors was the detachment.

our group doesn't have the stronghold assault supplement, so no fortifications. however we do use a ton of scenery on the game board. but it might be something that I will get .

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-15, 08:55 PM

Allied Detachment rules:
Quote:
RESTRICTIONS
This Detachment cannot be your Primary Detachment.
Your Warlord can never be chosen from this Detachment.
All units chosen must have the same Faction (or no Faction).
All units chosen must have a different Faction to any of the units in your Primary Detachment (or no Faction)
The reason why the chart shows that you are Battle Brothers with yourself on the matrix is because of how abilities affect your own stuff, but also when you have things like Crimson Slaughter, Black Legion, Chaos Space Marines all class as CSM for the allies matrix. However you are not considered to be the same faction.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode