Nurgle Daemon Army 1500 pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-08, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Default Nurgle Daemon Army 1500 pts

Just put this together today, and on impulse before prices go up i've ordered it aswell.

Great unclean One, Cloud of flies (assault and defensive grens.) Unholy might (+1str) Instrument of chaos (win combat if drawn) 185

Epidemius 110

15 plague bearers, icon of chaos, instrument of chaos 255

15 plague bearers, icon of chaos, instrument of chaos 255

10 plague bearers, icon of chaos, instrument of chaos 180

10 plague bearers, icon of chaos, instrument of chaos 180

5 Nurgling Bases 65

5 Nurgling Bases 65

Daemon Prince, Daemonic flight (fly, duh) Mark of nurgle (toughness 6) cloud of flies (assault/defensive grens) Iron Hide (3+ armour save, reprisent the unbelievably tough skin) 205

1500 on the dot. basically, i've taken some inspiration from a nurgle daemon army that won a tournament in chester not too long ago, and is currently doing the rounds in the manchester store i do believe. only i've completely dedicated it (he has the masque) and i've taken more units i believe.

the ideas i'm thinking is this:

group 1:
Epidemius
2x 15 daemon plaguebearer units
prince
GUO

group 2:
2x Nurglings
2x 10 daemon plaguebearer units

group 1 is the group that's chosen to come down first, if all goes to plan this should get the prince and the GUO on the table early to do as much damage as possible, and also soak up some firepower that might otherwise be targeted at the units. the 2x 15 man units are my agressive troops, they head towards objectives as fast and aggressively as possible, hopefully racking up some tally for Epidemius.

the second wave i don't really worry about coming down peacemeal. the 2x 10 man units are my defensive troops, they take objectives that are a distance away from the enemy, and try their best to hold them. the nurglings are there to tie up enemy units, and maybe contest the odd one or two objectives (being swarms they're not allowed to claim)

NOW, if things all go tits up and i end up with the second wave first then i basically do the same thing. 2x 10 man units on objectives, nurglings hold stuff up. then all i've got to worry about is getting the prince and epidemius down as soon as possible. Epidemius is the key to this army, without his presence i can't tally wounds, without his tally my troops are remotely average.

we'll see how it goes.

now, off to order a plague ogryn to be my daemon prince...

now having not actually played daemons before i'm interested in what do you guys think?

obviously there's a little room to mess around with a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-18-08, 04:01 AM

hey i am new to 40k and am also running a nurgle Epidemius army ( I will most likely post the list soon ) but i was having a lot of problems with any thing with decent armor and a bit of speed. Just some thing to watch out for. i was also wondering how they nurglings would work out. If you end up running it any time soon i would be interested in what happens.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 12:20 PM

a littel gross to look at but awsome

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-08, 07:13 PM

lol come to think of it a DP dose not need a ranged weapon.So far the best use of instrument of chaos is when neither side scores a wound due to how tough plaguebearer are and how bad there WS is, well guess we will see how it works out
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-08, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

i played my first game with it the other day, it went well, despite the fact that the wronghalf came down first, then everything didn't turn up till turn 4, when it all hit home on turn 5 it was devastating.

my only problem, is how do i deal with vehicles like dreads and ironclads and defilers. my DP and GUO are proving hit or miss at the moment.

Last edited by Jase; 09-27-08 at 10:58 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-08, 02:51 PM

Skull Lord Kar'gor's Flag is: England

I'd say drop the Great Unclean One maybe a couple of plague bearers, get a 2nd DP... give both DPs Might (st6) & instruments

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-28-08, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

surely the only thing that'll do is give me a second more expensive MC with 1 less strength.

i don't think you understood the problem, the GUO may be small but it doesn't have a problem getting into combat due to the deep strike ability, he has str 7 and MC. my problem was just that the MC's don't seem to be enough anti tank.

i was talking about it with a friend of mine today, and tbh we came to the conclusion that there's not really much i can do about it without taking a Ballgrinder (which i don't want) or somehting that's none nurgle.

i shall have ot overcome these problems through playing well, not through changing the list.

GT here i come!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-08, 02:38 AM

XwhoknowswhyX's Flag is: USA

if u follow the codex a soul grinder is a neutral unit. in wich i mean that the forge makes them but all the demon gods use them. so it can still be nurgle but none of the benefits. i just made a nurgle army the other day its doing well 2-0 vs necrons and chaos space marines. i used a GUO,DP,Epidemius,soul grinder 45 plaugebearers and 9 nurglings.

Last edited by XwhoknowswhyX; 10-03-08 at 02:45 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-08, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

nice! i have seen most lists along the same veins tbh.

the problem i have with the Ballgrinder is that i wanted my army to be pure daemon, i didn't want to have any outside influence on it. i've even modelled my Daemon princes so that they look like the obvious next step of evolution between the Heralds and the GUO, and i'm just ignoring their whole 'used to be mortal' background
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-08, 12:24 PM

As a pure korne player I appreciate someone making a force dedicated to one god, I think you will suffer until you expand to 2000 and get 2 more demon princes. Anti tank without soulgrinders is rough for demons.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode