herald of t- lv 3
herald of t- lv3
herald lv3 exalted gift
herald lv2
Be'lakor
Pink horrors(12) icon iridescent horror
Pink horrors(11)
1850 even I think.

when you gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-14, 04:19 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Whats the plan for the exalted gift?

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-14, 09:22 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

honestly i fail to see competitiveness in this list.
You are relying on getting first turn, spaaming each turn at least 20 daemons and not being psy-countered by anything. Which means you are relying solely on belakor and skull lord.
It's not so hard to kill a bunch of T3, 5++ models...
I can see the tactic behind the list but it has been proven that malefic Psy spam is unreliable at best.

I'd ditch 2 Lvl 3 heralds and add some fast threat in the form of chaos spawns or even a couple of hellblades for air superiority (and also transport killing).
Beside this...you definitely need some fast units to prevent being circled down and shot away (i'm thinking about DE, Eldar, biker armies etc)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-12-14, 09:47 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Not to mention that not many tournaments allow LoW in the lists - Then again, the tournament in mind might.

Just a FYI from my experience.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-14, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

chaos vince's Flag is: USA

the plan for the gift is the book to give the LOS a 3++. first turn would be nice but it isn't necessary. I agree that it relies on spammy for staying power but all the heralds are there to make sure I get invis off just as much as to spam demons. people were saying you cant win with a lord of skulls which made me want to prove them wrong.

when you gotta shoot, shoot. Don't talk...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-14, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos vince View Post
people were saying you cant win with a lord of skulls which made me want to prove them wrong.
this makes you honour. and definitely makes me more willing to help!
About the isibility heralds: you already have be'lakor, do you really need 4 of them?

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-14-14, 05:14 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
About the isibility heralds: you already have be'lakor, do you really need 4 of them?
Pretty sure those are the Tzeentchi summoning/summon bank minis.

The big flaw that I see is that there isn't a way to deal with hordes. A big block of fearless cultists or orks will tie that LoS right up, invisible or not, whether or not you're invisible or have a 3++, since you simply don't have the attacks to wade through them.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-14, 01:04 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Pretty sure those are the Tzeentchi summoning/summon bank minis.

The big flaw that I see is that there isn't a way to deal with hordes. A big block of fearless cultists or orks will tie that LoS right up, invisible or not, whether or not you're invisible or have a 3++, since you simply don't have the attacks to wade through them.
Luckily, upgrading your Lord of Skulls with a Skullhurler will do wonders (But the Skullhurler alone won't be enough though).

However I'm not too keen on using a model this expensive in a relatively small game. I own one too but I've always felt you'd need at least a relatively sized army to back it up or else the game will just turn into a turkyshoot.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-14, 02:06 PM

Yeah feel the same. at 1k any opponent is wise enough to bring some nasty weapon (be it cc or ranged) to kill MC or AV. Sweet spot for Mongo Lord is around 2000. @chaos vince i suggest you to accept the challenge on a greater point value. That way you can actively support the beastie with cultists bubblewrapping, board control and so on...

Quote:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-16-14, 01:49 AM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Yeah feel the same. at 1k any opponent is wise enough to bring some nasty weapon (be it cc or ranged) to kill MC or AV. Sweet spot for Mongo Lord is around 2000. @chaos vince i suggest you to accept the challenge on a greater point value. That way you can actively support the beastie with cultists bubblewrapping, board control and so on...
I agree with Neferhet. The Lord of Skulls fits best into a 3,000pts army, where you have loads of different units to cover all the various roles. If I were to play a game right now using what I have my list would look something like this;

Be'Lakor

GUO (DSing in with the PB of the Plague Drones)
2x Greater Reward
ML 3 (Biomancy)

LoC
1x Lesser Reward
2x Greater Reward
ML 3 (Deamonology?)

3 Nurglings

20 Plaguebearers (DSing in with the GUO of the Plague Drones)

3 Plague Drones
Stingers, Champion with Etherblade and standard bearer with Plague Banner

6 Screamers

10 Khorne Hounds

1 Blightdrone

1 Soul Grinder
MoN
Phleghm

Lord of Skulls
Skullhurler

This way, if my opponent focusses fire on my Lord of Skulls my Nurgle DS force will tear him to pieces!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode