LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-14, 07:24 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GignoidDude View Post
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch (+disc/+ML2/+Exalted Reward) - 125

TR: x11 Pink Horrors - 99
I might honestly cut these guys out and stick with one allies detachment (folding the Screamers into the one, of course). Yeah, the Screamers won't have a Herald in them, and you won't get Grimoire in there, but... the 224 points you'd free up could go to some great use in your Heavy Support section of your main detachment. Bring back in that second t-l las/las Predator, perhaps; also maybe grab some Havocs with autocannons? (would have to squeeze for a few more points, perhaps, but I think it'd be worthwhile)

You could also swap that Helbrute for the t-l las/las pred, too, if something else catches your eye...

Quote:
TR: x10 Cultists (+8 Auto Guns/+Hvy Stubber) - 63
If you're keeping both 1kson squads at full size, plus have Horrors hanging around, I don't know if you really need these guys. They might serve as a bubble wrap tarpit to slow down an enemy melee unit for a turn, sure... by the list might also be better served by taking 2 more Screamers.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-14, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
GignoidDude's Flag is: United Kingdom

Right lol, try and try again. I honestly think I've cracked it this time.

HQ: Ahriman - 230

EL: Helbrute (+TL Las Cannon/+Missile L)

TR: x20 Cultists (+18 Auto Guns/+2 Hvy Stubbers) - 118
TR: x20 Cultists (+2 Flamers/+Champ Shotgun) - 102
TR: x9 Thousand Sons (+MB/+Force Sword) - 247
TR: x9 Thousand Sons (+MB/+Force Sword) - 247

HS: Relic Sicarian (+Maelific Ammo/+Side Hvy Bolters/+LoR Maelstrom Raider) - 220
HS: Infernal Relic Predator (+TL Las Cannon/+Side Las Cannons/+LoR Fourth Quad Rebellion) - 155

Allied Detachment

HQ: Lord of Change (+ML3/+1 Lesser/+2 Greater) - 305

TR: x10 Pink Horrors - 90

FA: x6 Screamers - 150

Total: 1999pts

For those that don't know about those Legacy rules for the vehicle's. The Relic Sicarian has because of its LoR - Gains Outflank & Fear....so that should be HILARIOUS to see peoples faces when that monster roles on table along with Thousand Son troops thanks to Master of Deception warlord trait "thank you very much Ahriman". The Infernal Relic Predators LoR will give it ++4 on its las hull point, but more importantly will give cultists within 12" Fearless I personally REALLY like this list hehehehe
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-14, 10:47 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I realize you're somewhat constrainted by the minis you have available, but if you have 2 more flamers rather than the heavy stubbers, those might be more effective on the cultists. Or drop them (or drop one cultist with a stubber outright) or something, if possible, in exchange for an 11th Horror--that extra Warp Charge is very nice.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 11-08-14 at 10:50 PM.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-09-14, 02:05 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Firstly I want to thank the Warp for finding them time to allow use fellow deviants to advice my plans. and I've taken into account whats been said and I think I've managed to find a nice medium ground for my fluff/rule of kool and competitiveness...Lets see what ya all think

Main Detachment:

HQ: Ahriman - 230

EL: Helbrute (+TL Las Can/+Missile L) - 135

TR: x9 Thousand Sons (+MB's/+Force Sword) - 247
TR: x9 Thousand Sons (+MB's/+Force Sword) - 247
TR: x10 Cultists (+8 Auto Guns/+Hvy Stubber) - 63

HS: Infernal Relic Predator (+Auto Can /w Inferno Bolts/+Side Hvy Bolters/+Maelific Ammo) - 140

Allied Detachment A:

HQ: Herald of Tzeentch (+disc/+ML2/+Exalted Reward) - 125

FA: x6 Screamers - 150

Allied Detachment B:

HQ: Lord of Change (+Lesser Reward/+2 Greater Reward/+ML3) - 305

HS: Soul Grinder (+Tzeentch/+Bale Torrent) - 160

Total: 2000pts

So start ya engines. what ya think dudes

i really like this army. Like it better without the Allies A though. As mossy say, keep the screamers, skip the rest. Perhaps buy a unit to infiltrate for archiman. Plasma/melta chosen? Termies? hell can you infitrate a Maulerfiend?

as for the cultists, i would keep them if i had some cool minies. some deranged lunatics desperate for power? begging for the forbidden secrets of the warp? im sure i have room for them

not very usefull though, apart from home objectives.
but i love fluffy armies

Edit: The predator, what is that? From Imperial armour, or whatever the book is called, FW stuff?

Last edited by otasolgryn; 11-09-14 at 02:09 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode