Mossy's Daemon Lists - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Default Mossy's Daemon Lists

Kinda tired of making a new thread for every Daemons army list I create and cluttering the forum with relatively unreplied-to threads, so I figured I'd take a leaf out of @venomlust 's book & consolidate my lists here. as I post them. I may dig up and repost some lists I've put on the forum in the past few months, or alternative builds of those, but first, here, some new thinkins. I imagine I'll also make a similar CSM thread in that forum when I next feel compelled to post a CSM army list, though I've been enjoying my Daemons an awful lot, recently.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

So, to start things off. Dunno if I've posted my "Fatescriber" list here on the forum, but I figured this version of it is changed from whatever it was before by a decent amount.

Fatescriber Quicksilver
1850 points, 2 CADs

300 - Fateweaver
81 - The Blue Scribes
75 - Herald of Tzeentch w/ Exalted Reward (Grimoire)
110 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Exalted Locus of Beguilement, Steed of Slaanesh, & Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade)
110 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Exalted Locus of Beguilement, Steed of Slaanesh, & Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade)

99 - 11 Horrors
135 - 15 Daemonettes
126 - 14 Daemonettes
45 - 3 Nurgling Bases

105 - 3 Fiends of Slaanesh

144 - 12 Seekers of Slaanesh

180 - Soul Grinder w/ Nurgle, Phlegm
165 - Soul Grinder w/ Tzeentch, Warp Gaze
100 - Burning Chariot of Tzeentch

75 - ADL w/ comms beacon

This list is based on splitting the enemy then lunging in to pincer where it shows weakness. The core of the list is the Horrors sitting behind the ADL, supported by Nurglings and the 3 daemonic vehicles while Fateweaver swoops around--a damned hard nut to crack, if I may say so myself. The Nurglings can hide in a ruin on an objective with 2+ cover, the Horrors can hide on another objective going to ground for rerollable 2+ cover while doing their best to help bring in the Reserves.

The Herald in the Horrors will be throwing Grimoire on the Chariot so it can soak up as much punishment as the Soul Grinders, while the Blue Scribes will be casting a random power per turn--probably from Daemonology for free WC3 summoning spells, but only if I have the minis available; in a recent game with them I found myself hitting Biomancy and Pyromancy for the close range shooting and melee buffs. Still, if you get something useless in the psychic phase and didn't have to use Fateweaver's reroll on Grimoire--bam. Reroll so that "Dark Flame" turns into "Possession" and swap the Blue Scribes for a 81 point Lord of Change.

The Soul Grinders work in tandem with the Fiends: the Fiends assault a hard target like a Knight or Wraithknight or Dreadnight, or something scary, and reduce it to I1 while the I3 Soul Grinders pound the thing into scrap. I'm not above offering a juicy target as bait to sucker that Knight in, or something: a Grimoire'd Chariot sounds just about right, to my eyes...

Then come the reserves. All 3 units of Slaaneshi forces are Outflanking with Acute Senses, thanks to the Heralds on Steeds that join the 'Nette squads, rerolling their Reserve Rolls, thanks to the comms beacon. The Herald-Daemonettes squads are the real killers, thanks to Beguilement, but the Seekers are fast and vicious and will still pile on enough wounds and rends to shred a squad of Termis or guardsmen in a turn when they hit home. If possible, I'd Grimoire one of those Outflanking squads as they come in. A Herald can hop from, say, a squad of Daemonettes that got shredded by massed light arms fire and join the less-damaged Seekers, and similar, as needed.

Tested the list in one pick up game, so far, against a Grey Knights list (with allied Guard) and absolutely shredded the enemy player. Wraithknights and Termis absolutely cannot take as many rending hits as I was throwing out, to say nothing of the Soul Grinders' S10 AP2 handful of melee attacks apiece.

The list doesn't have much of anything in the way of anti-flyer, but flyers aren't too popular in my local meta, to be honest. Luckily for me, otherwise people would be bringing more effective anti-air to counter my lists with Fateweaver and Be'lakor!

Naming convention: Fatescriber, since it's built in part around those two special characters, and Quicksilver to represent the Fiends slowing enemies so my Grinders strike first... and a bit because the oh-so-quick I5 on all the Daemonettes and Seekers is hard for most enemies to keep up with.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 10-13-14 at 05:06 AM.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 06:22 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Gods that's a lot of rending. Sweet. I always forget the comms relay exists.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Enough rending, hopefully, to take out anything that isn't AV13 or flying.

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 08:57 AM

Woodzee316's Flag is: Australia

nice sounding list and nice descriptions helps me out a bit with regards to my daemon building voyage.

Orkz - 30W 14L
Black Templar - 6W 5L
Thousand Sons - 7W 8L
Tzeentch Daemons -4W 4L
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-13-14, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

I figure I went pretty far in one direction, there, so let's play with some other tools for this next list. Well, mostly other tools. Still going to Outflank one big block of Daemonettes with a Beguilement-Herald, I think.

Shadow Shift
1750 points

110 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Beguilement, Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade), Steed of Slaanesh (Warlord)
120 - Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut, Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade)
75 - Herald of Tzeentch w/ Exalted Reward (Grimoire)
350 - Be'lakor

180 - 20 Daemonettes
99 - 11 Pink Horrors

288 - 18 Flesh Hounds
200 - 8 Screamers
168 - 14 Seekers of Slaanesh

Skull Cannon of Slaanesh

The Flesh Hounds will be Scouting to get into the enemy faces immediately. Meanwhile, Be'lakor will be casting his Shrouding bubble so that the Screamers can Jink for a rerollable 2+ cover save, and the Seekers (partially obscured by the Screamers) will be able to take a 3+ cover save. The Hounds will be getting Grimoire the first turn, but if that backfires, Be'lakor will back them up with Invisibility (though I'd prefer to get Invisibility onto the Seekers, instead). That covers my defenses early, but I figure things will probably be moving out of my deployment area fast, so Grimoire will pick targets of opportunity, afterwards. The Skull Cannon is there so that my folks can assault enemies in cover without Initiative penalties.

A real decision here was whether to keep the most-survivable Be'lakor as my Warlord, or to throw it onto somebody who will have a chance to roll a good Warlord Trait off the Daemons table. Ideally I'd get Lord of Unreality, but the only reliable way to get that is Fateweaver, and I don't have the points to spare, so there's a chance with rerolls... but I wouldn't mind getting Instant Death or rerolls on Instability checks.

Be'lakor and the Screamers are designated anti-armor, but the Seekers and 'Nettes will be able to rend light transports to bits easily enough, and Flesh Hounds on the assault can sure junk a Rhino. Similarly, Be'lakor, Seekers, and 'Nettes will be rending/AP2 Fleshbaning any big or hard targets like MCs or Termis to bits, too.

Naming convention: I stick "Shadow" into list titles where Be'lakor is the only special character, since he sort of defines how I'll build the list around him. "Shift" for the Scouting and Outflanking that will be going on, plus the idea of Be'lakor's shadows shifting the daemons they are defending to planes of reality where they can't be touched, can barely be seen as they rush towards the trembling foe...

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 10-13-14 at 10:23 PM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Went to a tournament yesterday that ended up getting canceled due to low attendance, then got a game in with one of the 3 other players who had shown up with this list:

Disgusting Telepathy Spam
1500 points

350 - Be'lakor
160 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Steed, Beguilement, ML2, Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade) (Warlord)
160 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Steed, Beguilement, ML2, Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade)
130 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Steed, ML2, Greater Reward (Greater Etherblade)
125 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ ML2, Exhalted Reward

195 - 20x Daemonettes w/ Alluress w/ Lesser Reward
180 - 20x Daemonettes

200 - 8x Screamers

Be'lakor and Screamers are the hyper-mobile, 2+ cover save, Armorbane one-two anti-tank punch. Meanwhile, Be'lakor and 8 rolls on Telepathy ought to usually net me at least 2 Invisibilities, so that's 2 blocks of 20 invisible Daemonettes rerolling to hit and rending whatever they do hit (that isn't AV13+) to death with relative ease.

Whatever gets Grimoire'd, if Grimoire fails, is the prime target for Invisibility. If Grimoire succeeds... well, stacked defensive buffs are great. A Herald is a squishier target than Be'lakor to be Warlord, admittedly, but gets a rerollable shot at Instant Death or rerolls on the Warp Storm table, so I'll take that over Be'lakor's mediocre WL trait happily.

4 units (with Heralds that can calve off on Steeds in order to claim objective markers if necessary) total, all with with easy access to great defensive buffs. Pick a target, any target. I dare you.

(here's to hoping I don't kack my pants with a forced 3D6 Instability check on Be'lakor from Warp Storm though, or something)

The game I actually played was against a CSM list with 4 CSM Daemon Princes of Nurgle with maxed Daemonology and spell familiars... and 40 Cultists. Now, the real nemesis of a Daemon Prince in close combat is sort of a many-numbered light infantry they can't cut their way through with their handful of attacks, who all have a lot of attacks in return and who are, say, WS 5 so they still hit the WS9 DP on 4+ (unlike WS4 SMs on 5+), and who, for example, have Rending.

So he spent the whole game Swooping with all 1250 points of Daemon Princes (for his 1500 point list) and casting Nurgles Rot on the Daemonettes (autohitting to ignore Invisibility) and failing his rerollable Summoning tests on 3 or 4 power dice, while I rampaged around slaughtering cultists and grabbing bunches of Maelstrom objectives. It was rather... one-sided.

Naming Convention: calling it like it is, for this one...

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 10-28-14 at 02:09 AM.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-23-14, 09:54 AM

Hey, a quick question.

You mention in a couple of your posts about units getting 2+ cover saves.

The horrors for example in your first post. How is this possible? In ruins they get 4+ and then going to ground they get 3+. The screamers as well in the last post.

I am clearly missing something, can you explain? Many thanks.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 03:09 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

hmm yes.. i can see how you can give one unit shroud by joining them.. hmm no he cant as a monstrous creature can he??

then im out of ideas
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 07:25 AM

Who can join the horrors that improves their cover save? It can't be any nurgle characters or a MC.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode