Mossy's Daemon Lists - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 08:33 AM

I would assume the screamers are jink (4+) and ruins or whatever adding to it. Otherwise shrouding bubble from telepaths with the spell combimg with cover or jink.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submarine View Post
You mention in a couple of your posts about units getting 2+ cover saves.

The horrors for example in your first post. How is this possible? In ruins they get 4+ and then going to ground they get 3+. The screamers as well in the last post.
The first list includes an ADL from the Stronghold Assault expansion--it was a part of the main rulebook in 6th Edition, but has since calved off into its own expansion and all. The ADL gives a 4+ cover save and going to ground behind it improves cover by +2, so there's your 2+ cover save. Rerollable, since the Horrors have Daemon of Tzeentch.

Other 2+ cover saves I reference are almost caused by having Shrouded in various combinations--like @mayegelt says, Be'lakor casting Shrouding within range of units that can Jink, units with the Daemon of Nurgle rule hiding in a ruin... that sort of thing. Daemons of Nurgle can also go to ground in a forest, or something, if they need to in order to get a 2+ cover.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 11:43 AM

Except doesn't going to ground improve your cover save by +1?

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 04:13 PM

Aegis and a few other things have a special rule called "Defence lines" this rule means that rather than +1 to cover when going to ground you get +2.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Aegis and a few other things have a special rule called "Defence lines" this rule means that rather than +1 to cover when going to ground you get +2.
Similar, oddly enough, to craters, which normally only give a 6+ save but give +2 when going to ground for a 4+ cover save (and if there are Nurglings in the crater, well...)

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-27-14, 06:42 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

oh and btw Mossy.

i love that you make unusual armies. and many

its a great inspiration
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 01:12 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

That's just the sort of compliment that gets me wanting to post another list!

Skar'lakor
1750 points, 2 CADs

225 - Skarbrand (Warlord)
350 - Be'lakor
120 - Karanak
75 - Herald of Slaanesh w/ Exalted Reward (Grimoire)

170 - 15 Bloodletters w/ Banner of Blood
144 - 16 Daemonettes
135 - 15 Daemonettes
100 - 10 Daemonettes w/ Instrument

156 - 13 Seekers
150 - 6 Screamers

125 - Skull Cannon

_____

Karanak gives Scout and +2 to DTW to the Bloodletters, like they'll be needing, and Scouts them forward so that they are in prime position to DS in Skarbrand without scattering off their icon on T2--Skarbrand who has 2 rolls to come in, thanks to the Instrument of the 10-Daemonette squad.

As soon as Skarbrand comes in, he's priority for Be'lakor's Invisibility. Before then, Be'lakor is focusing on Shrouding the Screamers for a 2+ jink or keeping the Bloodletters intact with Invisibility/Grimoire. If Grimoire succeeds on whichever unit, then I can Invisibility the Seekers without a qualm, who are certainly going to be attracting enemy fire.

Ideally, I'm going for a T2 assault wave of Daemonettes and Seekers galore, assaulting into cover without I penalty thanks to the Skull Cannon.

Naming Convention: Conjoined 2 Special Character names around which the list is built, really. So... the usual.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 10-28-14 at 02:10 AM.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 05:31 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

challenge:

Make a viable (and fun) list with out using the Fatebird og belalkor.

come on, i know you can do it!!

although Skarbrand is cool too
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 09:08 AM

Skar'lakor sounds like it should be on tatooine and takes 1000s of years to devour its enemies.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-28-14, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by otasolgryn View Post
Make a viable (and fun) list with out using the Fatebird og belalkor.

come on, i know you can do it!!
Oh, fiiiiine. I was considering posting a Skarbrand list that had about 30 Flesh Hounds instead of Be'lakor, but I didn't like how little protection that list could give Skarbrand after he DSes in (since he's the most killy [non-Imperial Knight] character in the game, but slow and not too tough, so such a massive fire magnet), so felt compelled to bring in Be'lainvisibilitykor.

In any case, here is a viable, moderately competitive list without either Be'lakor or Fateweaver.

Phlegmatic Symptomatic
1750 points, Daemons CAD w/ Allied CSM

280 - Great Unclean One w/ ML3, 2x Greater Reward (Warlord) (DS Reserve)
100 - Herald of Nurgle w/ ML1, Exalted Reward (Grimoire)

109 - 11 Plaguebearers w/ Instrument (DS Reserve)
45 - 3 Nurgling Swarms

141 - 3 Plague Drones w/ Icon

335 - Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/ ML3, 2x Greater Reward, flight, armor
335 - Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/ ML3, 2x Greater Reward, flight, armor

Allied CSM

355 - Daemon Prince of Nurgle w/ ML3, spell familiar, Black Mace, wings, power armor

50 - 10 Cultists

_________

The CSM Daemon Prince and Herald will probably roll on Malefic, for a shot at Cursed Earth and also to start summoning extra squads of Plaguebearers. The other Princes and the GUO will roll on Biomancy for as many Iron Arms as they can scrape together, with a 50% chance on each to get the power. Eternal Warrior and 4+ FNP from Endurance wouldn't go amiss, though!

The PBs will use their instrument to serve as a backup reserves roll for the GUO, and both they and the GUO will try to land next to the Plague Drones' icon. The Plague Drones will ideally be hidden behind cover for an excellent cover save, and have the mobility to get up the field as fast as they need for T2 DSers to come in.

Naming Convention: I call my Mono-Nurgle lists all some variation on "Phlegmatic (rhymes with -matic)." I opted for Symptomatic here because it has such a nice diseased ring to it.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 10-28-14 at 10:19 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode