2000 points of daemon madness - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldudeskillz View Post
flamers do better in 6's than 3's you really need them to survive, bloodcrushers are good and tough enough to be split up
I have heard it's great to kinda suicide the Flamers and in 3s you can get all three templates to fire on the DS and have used this well. How are you using them at 6s better? Do you march them across the board a bit and thus have to worry about getting thinned out? Or do you mean after they get assaulted from flaming first time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 10:43 AM

I use 2 units of 3 and i dont think i would ever use them as 6. I normally deep strike out of LOS near an objective normally if i can. The fear factor alone means that the other army will hesitate before moving anywhere within 15 inches or so of the flamers. Sometimes to earn there points they dont actually need to do any damage. And a unit of 3 is so easy to hide behind cover.

Yes having a unit of 3 does help when doing suicide attacks but I tend to go for the safer option and use them later on where they just clean up and kill taht annoying unit sitting on the objective with a good cover save.

In the end the way i see it is that if they are in the open are getting shot whether there are 3 or 6 of them they will most likely all die or nearly all die so better to present 2 targets than 1.
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

i think what i said came out wrong, what i mean in 6's you can be sure that you completely destroy a squad, without the worry of being assaulted afterwards, so yeh what newsun said lol.

Also i would rather have 2 units of bloodcrushers than 1 unit, over having 2 units of flamers.

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 06:31 PM

Quote:
i think what i said came out wrong, what i mean in 6's you can be sure that you completely destroy a squad, without the worry of being assaulted afterwards, so yeh what newsun said lol.

Also i would rather have 2 units of bloodcrushers than 1 unit, over having 2 units of flamers.
Are you dropping them in and then moving them forward to flame allowing you to line them up for templates? Because if you are deepstriking them in, how do you arrange them that all 6 can even fire ? With the way DS placement works the ones in the back are most likely going to hit friendlies which is not allowed, check page 29 on templates. I would probably just run 3 flamers in that case and 2x3 crushers, finding the other bit of points elsewhere.
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

i see what your saying, normally your right, if i deepstrike them right next to someone only 4 can hit, but then after that i can arrange them do 6 can hit, but i might try out what you guys are saying, as most of you seem to think 3 is better.

Daemons

Chaos Marines

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 07:22 PM

Quote:
i see what your saying, normally your right, if i deepstrike them right next to someone only 4 can hit, but then after that i can arrange them do 6 can hit, but i might try out what you guys are saying, as most of you seem to think 3 is better.
I hear you on that next turn, just think it's unlikely that a unit who just got a face full of flame will just be sitting there unless you assault them from another squad.

I don't see how you can fire 4 flamers on DS surely one of them will be behind and the template is over one or more models in front of it.
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsun View Post
I hear you on that next turn, just think it's unlikely that a unit who just got a face full of flame will just be sitting there unless you assault them from another squad.

I don't see how you can fire 4 flamers on DS surely one of them will be behind and the template is over one or more models in front of it.
mmmmmm maybe i counted wrong lol....yeh i can't see either really, it was most likely 3. Any i have decided to stick with 6, the idea of 2 3's is good, but then i couldn't have 2 2's of bloodcrushers, and there too awesome to change

Daemons

Chaos Marines

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-17-09, 08:04 AM

chi3fraa's Flag is: USA

I read over this list and it looks sick. I'm going to try this soon against my Nid and Ork buddies

I also was going to run more than 3 flamers, but after your comments it seems like 3 is the magic number

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode