2000 points of daemon madness - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

cooldudeskillz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull Lord Kar'gor View Post
Very nice List there, although I reckon you should give the troops & Bloodcrushers Instruments, they have been very handy for me!
Also how do you find the keeper? been thinking of using 1 myself, with maybe might & Instrument - 220
i never really loose combats so i don't see the need for them, and the keeper is really good although he's not a 1 man army he can just plain murder huge squads, because he normally wins the combat with the sweeping advance he has I 10 so wins all the time..bye bye squad

Quote:
With herald of Tzeentch i bought the Lord of Tzeentch model (WHF) which already has a disc and bought 3 screamers to pull the chariot was pretty cheap considering i bought the screamers off of ebay
thats what i was thinkin of doin in the first place

Daemons
W:9 D:0 L:0

Chaos Marines
W:21 D:2 L:3

If you want peace.....prepare for war!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 04:55 AM

Hailo-15's Flag is: Australia

Awesome man i'm currently in the process of making a decision for a Reaver Titan for my CSM so my armies will be sitting on the sideline for a lil as i process my thoughts and reason for getting one.....$1,200 XD

But goodluck cooldudeskillz with this list it seems really solid :D

P.S with my daemons list i posted a few weeks ago i have now claimed my 9th game with 8 wins :D and it was somewhat due to your wise words those weeks ago ;)

P: 15 W: 12 D: 2 L: 1
Chaos Space Marines DG/IW/NM/BL

Last edited by Hailo-15; 09-03-08 at 12:03 PM.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-08, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailo-15 View Post
Awesome man i'm currently in the process of making a decision for a Reaver Titan for my CSM so my armies will be sitting on the sideline for a lil as i process my thoughts and reason for getting one.....$1,200 XD

But goodluck cooldudeskillz with this list it seems really solid :D

P.S with my daemons list i posted a few weeks ago i have now claimed my 9th game with 8 wins :D and it was somewhat due to your wise words those weeks ago ;)
well thats sounda swell you ever feel like a change in your list( but by the sound of it you won't need it) then im here for you

Daemons

Chaos Marines

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-04-08, 09:37 AM

Hailo-15's Flag is: Australia

You never know cooldude i might need it soon as i would like to spice things up and change a few things here and there in the future and thank you for the support mate

P: 15 W: 12 D: 2 L: 1
Chaos Space Marines DG/IW/NM/BL
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 02:34 PM

Awesome list, but a couple of things i would think about changing are the soul grinder with tongue. BS3 means that he will only hit half the time and i find the Phlegm is more useful as with str 8 it can still destroy tanks.

The other thing is the pavane of slaanesh on the keeper of secrets. How often do you find yourself using it as surely fleeting is a better option imho.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 03:44 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like the 2 small groups of Bloodcrushers - i can think of good tactics for those...
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 03:49 PM

surely 2 bloodcrushers= easy kill points, never used them but thats the main reason why and the fact that they are a little slow.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmacmcmad View Post
Awesome list, but a couple of things i would think about changing are the soul grinder with tongue. BS3 means that he will only hit half the time and i find the Phlegm is more useful as with str 8 it can still destroy tanks.

The other thing is the pavane of slaanesh on the keeper of secrets. How often do you find yourself using it as surely fleeting is a better option imho.
yes maybe so, but if you did hit with the tongue then theres a good chance the tank will ge a penertrating hit. Yes your right about the pavane of slannesh, it's funny but that was never really in my army i was for like a day but i changed it for unholy might and a instrument lol. i'll update the list.

Quote:
I like the 2 small groups of Bloodcrushers - i can think of good tactics for those...
indeed

Quote:
surely 2 bloodcrushers= easy kill points, never used them but thats the main reason why and the fact that they are a little slow.
yer but bloodcrushers completey murder evreything apart from tanks, so having 2 sqauds going around is fun!!

Daemons

Chaos Marines

post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmacmcmad View Post

I like Pavane because it allows you to pull a unit off an objective with him...

Pavane, Musk, Pavane This get's them a good distance out if you land the 2nd assault where the defenders reaction pulls them further away. Although this takes a turn or two depending on the dice and unit, they may be dead already. Also have to have musk too. I would prlly go for musk over pavane and use him to thin units for follow up kills by your troops.

On the original army list, do the 2 units of crushers do well? I would think to join them and split the flamers to get better flames going.

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, it was just referred to in a recent post I read.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-08-08, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

flamers do better in 6's than 3's you really need them to survive, bloodcrushers are good and tough enough to be split up

Daemons

Chaos Marines

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode