1500 point chaos daemons/ chaos space marines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Default 1500 point chaos daemons/ chaos space marines

Looking for suggestions on this list, anything is appreciated
1500 point chaos daemons/ chaos space marines
Primary attachment: Chaos Daemons
HQ:
Fate weaver - 300
Troops:
10 plague bearers - 90
10 plague bearers - 90
Heavy Support:
Daemon Prince - 335
Exalted reward, mark of tzeentch, mastery level 3, Daemonic flight, warp forged armour

Allies: Chaos Space Marines
HQ:
Daemon Prince - 365
Gift of mutation, spell familiar, black mace, mastery level 3, mark of tzeentch
Troops:
10 cultists
Fast Attack:
Heldrake - 170
Baleflamer

Fortifications:
Aegis Line - 100
Quad gun

Total: 1500

My plan on running it is have the plague bearers sit behind the aegis line for 2+ cover and they will man the gun. The cultist will try to go hold/contest an objective. The chaos daemon prince takes book and books fate weaver. Then the flying monstrous creatures bull rush the opponent.[/I]

Last edited by Youngblood1234; 01-06-14 at 12:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 04:41 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

To be perfectly honest? I think that Fateweaver is too expensive for such a small army and leaves too much of a combat burden on the 2 Princes. Yes, Lord of Unreality and the Staff of Tomorrow are very nice, as is the sheer number of powers available, but I cannot help but think that spending, say, 280 points on a Lord of Change (ML 2 with, say, 2 Greater, 1 Lesser, for survivability and the explodey staff. Or 1 exalted (portalglyph) and 1 greater) would do you better. Those things have a nasty combat stat-line, unlike "Mr. 1A at WS2."

I'd also advise using the other 20 points to buy the Grimoire Prince a Greater Reward.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

That is a good idea but I am short on money And have all the models for the list. If tournaments would allow me to use fate weaver as a lord of change I would defiantly do it. Do you think tournaments would allow it?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 06:10 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

I don't see why not because all it really is is a Lord of Change with 2 heads.

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 08:51 PM

DarkDisciple_Nahum's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryu_Niimura View Post
I don't see why not because all it really is is a Lord of Change with 2 heads.
I agree. I don't think it would really make a difference. They really are about the same models. I do it at my LGS at tournaments and no one cares. Apoc games are about the only time I actually use the fateweaver model as fateweaver. He really is too expensive.

Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the space orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Yeaaaah Ultramarines!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 10:32 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood1234 View Post
That is a good idea but I am short on money And have all the models for the list. If tournaments would allow me to use fate weaver as a lord of change I would defiantly do it. Do you think tournaments would allow it?

I do this all the time, they look similar and fateweaver is a cool model. It has never ever even been mentioned or questioned by anyone. I wouldn't see why anyone would have issues with it.

Lord of Change with x2 greater and x1 lesser is quite a beast too. Especially if you roll well on the greater rewards and get things like an IWND, an armour save or feel no pain. Then there is the Prescience power to re-roll all hits in close combat. Staff of change hits at ap2 and turns people you hack down into spawns. It's glorious and many people don't realise how good a LOC is around here because hardly anyone takes them. So many a foe underestimates them.
If you ever wanna run a mono-tzeentch list a LOC also provides much needed close combat. Either way, fun times will be had with a LOC kitted out with x2GR and x1LR. Our lord and saviour Tzeentch will be pleased with you.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

My next question is if I wanted to make it an 1850 point list in the future what would you suggest adding
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 11:20 PM

I would say 6x Flamers of Tzeentch for 138, jump troops with nasty flame attacks, they always do well for me. Attach a Herald of Tzeentch on a disc with mastery lvl 3 and a Greater Reward (any will really work nicely for it) for 140 and you a mean very mobile unit on your hands. With the 72 points left over you can kit out some units further or use it to get 10 cultist add autoguns for 60 points and give your other cultists autoguns for 10 points.

Thats just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Yeah, we flew our space church across 500 light years to get to this planet taken over by the space orks. Now we're going to drop from orbit in buckets and run out and shoot pistols and hit people in the head with chainsaws. Yeaaaah Ultramarines!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

What would you guys think about adding belakor?
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 11:36 PM

I have yet to use him or see him used but I've heard stories... terrible stories... of the carnage the he causes! I say give it a go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Tags
chaos daemons , chaos space marine , flying circus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode