Khorne CD w/ Chaos Allies - HELP - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 02:55 AM Thread Starter

Default Khorne CD w/ Chaos Allies - HELP

Hey guys, newish to the hobby and doing a list to play with my mates. We're doing a tournament amongst friends (about 8 of us) so it needs to be a tournament quality list capable of facing off against anything. The only armies amongst us we don't play is Sisters of Battle and Grey Knights. I wanted a fluffy Khorne only list, hence the ridiculous weapons on terminators etc. We're allowed forgeworld models, hence the use of Zhufor. I am new so don't rip into me too hard, but i'd love some feedback on what people think.

Chaos Daemons

2000 Points

Primary Force: Khorne Chaos Daemons
HQ
Bloodthirster - 250
Warlord:
Greater Reward (20)
Exalted Reward (30) + 50 = 300 pts
Troops
Bloodletters (10) - 100
3 Bloodletters (30)
Bloodreaper (5)
Lesser Reward (10)
Banner of Blood (20) + 65 = 165 pts

Bloodletters (10) - 100
3 Bloodletters (30)
Bloodreaper (5)
Lesser Reward (10)
Banner of Blood (20) + 65 = 165 pts
Fast Attack
Flesh Hounds (5) - 80
2 Hounds (32) + 36 = 112 pts

Flesh Hounds (5) - 80
2 Hounds (32) + 36 = 112 pts
Heavy Support
Daemon Prince - 145
Mark of Khorne (15)
Wings (40)
Armour (20)
Greater Reward (20) + 95 = 240 pts
Daemon Prince - 145
Mark of Khorne (15)
Wings (40)
Armour (20)
Greater Reward (20) + 95 = 240 pts

Total Primary Force Points: 1334

Total Primary Force Models: 43

Allied Detachment: Khorne Chaos Space Marines
HQ
Lord Zhufor = 185 pts
Terminator Bodyguard (3) - 95 points
1 Terminators (31)
Mark of Khorne (12)
Icon of Wrath (25)
3 w/ Lightning Claws (21)
Champ w/ Chain fists (27) (15) + 131 = 226 pts
Troops
Chaos Cultists (10) - 50
8 Cultists (32) + 32 = 82 pts
Fast Attack
Heldrake = 170 pts
Baleflamer

Total Allied Force Points: 663

Total Allied Force Models: 24

TOTAL ARMY = 1997 points

TOTAL ARMY MODELS = 67
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 09:41 AM

Ork Mad's Flag is: England

i have no idea what the rules for zhufor are (so ill just ignore him) and I'm not that good with chaos space marines rules, so I'm going to concentrate on the daemons part of the list:

what are your tactics for this list (advance with everything bar the cultists and use them as objective holders?)?

what warlord trait table are you going to role on?

what are you hoping for with the exalted reward? another greater reward may be better

do you find that flesh hounds are good? personally for me they don't actually do much and are easily killed by shooting, you could loose them and use the point saved to in increase the number of bloodletters (to 20 in one squad and 16 in the other) and get karnack (stick him in the larger squad to make the most use of his collar and greater loci)

the armor on the daemon princes, don't you think that with wings on them and I8 for close combat that its a bit excessive, you could go for an extra greater reward on them (and this way if you happened to role a 6 for the greater reward it wouldn't be wasted)

the Heldrake, how good is this against other fliers (I've never fought it/with it so i don't really know how powerful it is) as if it doesn't have very good AA you may find yourself in a bit of trouble

Hope this helps

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:03 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

@Ork Mad . Helldrakes are amazing. Fly over anotger flyer and have d3+1 S7 hits on side armour. And if using the hades autocannon its heavy 4 pinning s8 ap3 (I think from memory) with the ability to re roll hits/wounds/armour pens and has a 5++. Not much this thing CANT do. And the added bonus of a baleflamer instead of the autocannon, S6 ap3 torrent flamer for anti infantry. Yes please!

As for daemons, I'm not 100% on the rules for them but maybe skulltaker instead of a blood thirster? Seeing as you have 3 nasty flyers already (drake and 2 princes) or a herald on a jugger to join zhufor?

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:18 AM

so when it has the autocannon you'll dominate the skies but with the balefire you may be hard pressed to kill things like the vendetta/valkarie or stormraven but be a SME killer

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:21 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Scary army! The problem is troops though. At one time you could make a list with an absolute bare minimum of troop choices, but now that isn't going to cut it. For 2000 points twenty six bloodletters and eighteen cultists isn't much. Two Khorne daemon princes, a bloodthirster and helldrake would scare the crap out of many opponents, but if they're single minded in pursuing the mission objectives and focus their efforts of taking out your troops I think you'll very often find yourself with no troops left to capture objectives.

400 points of troops is just a bit too light for a 2000 point army in 6th edition. I think I'd look at removing a daemon prince and reinvesting those points on troops

Last edited by Squire; 10-22-13 at 10:29 AM.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
Scary army! The problem is troops though. At one time you could make a list with an absolute bare minimum of troop choices, but now that isn't going to cut it. Even for 1000 points twenty six bloodletters and ten cultists isn't much, never mind 2000. Two Khorne daemon princes, a bloodthirster and helldrake would scare the crap out of many opponents, but if they're single minded in pursuing the mission objectives I think you'll very often find yourself with no troops left to capture objectives.

400 points of troops is just a bit too light for a 2000 point army in 6th edition
DP are great at objective denial: if you see an enemy unit on an objective, swap to glide then charge into the unit, same with the bloodthirster so even if they are single-minded in objective capture they may suffer too heavy losses to their troops unless its a mad last turn dash

but i defiantly agree with you for the number of troops, especially when using blood letters aggressively there only t3 need at least 30-40 of them at this points cost

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 11:05 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Personally I would do the following;

1) Combine the two dog squads to a big one. Two packs of 7 will die too quickly to do any difference and dogs are best when they are in big packs. Let loose the dogs of war!

2) Dump the two Bloodreapers and lesser rewards, and use those points to buy some more Bloodletters. This should net you 3 more, which you sorely need.

3) Remove the greater reward from the Bloodthirster and use it to buy more Bloodletters. He really doesn't need it as he's insane as it is. Keep the exaulted and hope for 'Souleater'. If you don't get it, default to Portalglyph.

I don't know that Chaos Lord myself so I can't comment on him. But for 185 points he better be a damn beast. Otherwise you could consider making a unnamed Chaos lord, make him a bit cheaper and buy some more Cultists or Bloodletters with the remaining points.

Just food for thought
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 11:08 AM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittsy View Post
As for daemons, I'm not 100% on the rules for them but maybe skulltaker instead of a blood thirster? Seeing as you have 3 nasty flyers already (drake and 2 princes) or a herald on a jugger to join zhufor?
He needs the Bloodthirster to unlock Khorne Daemon Princes as Heavy, so he has to be there
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Personally I would do the following;
3) Remove the greater reward from the Bloodthirster and use it to buy more Bloodletters. He really doesn't need it as he's insane as it is. Keep the exalted and hope for 'Souleater'. If you don't get it, default to Portalglyph.
i would say that riftbringer is another good one and perhaps unholy frenzy as bringing in another unit/more attacks is always good

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-22-13, 11:24 AM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ork Mad View Post
would say that riftbringer is another good one and perhaps unholy frenzy as bringing in another unit/more attacks is always good
However, the chance to roll it is slim. I can see your point, but I still feel that you need as many bloodletters as you can squeeze in, in the list above.

In the end, if you get a bad roll on the greater reward you can default to a weapon that is useless to your Bloodthirster, effectively wasting the points. With the exaulted you can at least default to a gift that is very effective and also brings in additional units to the battlefield.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode