Four Square for Chaos!(2k) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-13-13, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Creon's Flag is: USA

Default Four Square for Chaos!(2k)

This army is a 4-gods army. C and C welcome, it is somewhat limited in that many units are 100% invested in figures I own.

HQ
Lord of Change
Exhalted Gift of Chaos 260

Herald of Khorne
Juggernaut of Khorne
Locus of Wrath
Greater Gift of Chaos 145

Herald of Nurgle
Mage Levels 1
Locus of Fecundity
Greater Gift of Chaos = 115

Herald of Slaanesh
Steed of Slaanesh
Mage Levels 1
Locus of Swiftness
Greater Gift of Chaos = 125
#
Herald of Tzeentch
Mage Levels 1
Exhalted Gift of Chaos 100

Troops

Daemonettes of Slaanesh 12
Alluress
lesser Gift of Chaos
Banner Bearer
Musician 143

Bloodletters of Khorne 10
Bloodreaper
Lesser Gift of Chaos
Banner Bearer
Musician =135

Plaguebearers of Nurgle 16
Plagueridden
Lesser Gift of Chaos
Banner Bearer
Musician =179

Pink Horrors of Tzeentch 15
Irridescent Horror
Banner Bearer
Musician =165

#
Pink Horrors of Tzeentch 15
Irridescent Horror
Banner Bearer
Musician =165

Elite

Flamers of Tzeentch 6

Fast Attack

Screamers of Tzeentch 3

FleshHounds of Khorne 5

Heavy Support

Soul Grinder
Warp Gaze
Mark of Slaanesh 175

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 03:21 PM

Duskan's Flag is: United Kingdom

First I will say, it's nice to see some variety but the list needs some editing to be Effective. You have quite a few model setups and upgrades that wont benefit you or your other troops. If those are the models you have then this list is really all you can strentch to do at 2000pts but i cant see it doing that well.

I will say what I would do with this list assuming you plan to buy a few extra models.

The Lord of change is perfect apart from pump him up to Mastery Lv 3. Flying and Divination is this models friend.

The Heralds need a drastic change. To me the Nurgle one is the only one that would do any good in their current form.

Khorne Herald:
- Lesser Gift (AP2)
- Greater Locus of Fury (to get ur unit RAGE!!!)
DONE, cheap and effective enjoy killing enemy charatcers in one round.

Slaanesh Herald:
- Exalted Locus of Beguilment (re-rolls to hit in cc and gets past that cock-blocking sergeant)
- Lesser Gift (AP2)
Slaanesh psychic powers I think are lacking so save your points for elsewhere.

Tzeentch Herald:
- Mastery Lv 3 (take Change Primarius and two Divination powers [get the primarius for twin-linked 5d6 str 6 shots from this squad)
- Exalted Locus of Conjuration (for str 6 Horror shots on that Primarius)
A decent Herald. He shouldnt be in cc and wont benefit from gifts that much. Just put him in the Horror squad and watch even enemy flyers get mown down by sheer number of shots.

Nurgle Herald:
- Lesser gift (AP2)
- Psycher lv 1
- Greater Locus of Fecundity
you pretty much had this right. Take a plague power for decent witchfire/buffing ur plagubearers and take a cheap Etherblade for some sneaky AP2.

Ive moved your HQ's from costing 745pts to 680pts and made them much more effective with the rest of the Army in my opinion.

Troops:
Drop the second Horror squad and bring your Bloodletters and Daemonettes to 15 or they will die before getting anywhere near combat . Plaguebearers to 15 for OCD's sake. Also add 1-5 Horrors at least to your remaining Horror squad to increase their warp charge points to 3. Tbh dont bother with the unit champions as you will have Heralds for that. You dont need icons that much unless your planning a big deepstrike attack. i would drop all the upgrades and keep em basic. Now you have 4 decent troop choices gone from 787pts to 600pts without upgrades and 20 horrors in one squad.

Right so now we are at 1280pts we can look at some hard hitting stuff.

Hvy:
Make you Soulgrinder Nurgle and give him Phlebm Bombardment instead of Warpgaze. Ur not gonna hit with that. Thats 180pts instead of 175pts.

Since you have Horrors to help with AA i will say he doesnt need a buddy, but your Bloodletters and Daemonettes would benefit amazingly from a couple of Skullcannons. These will add some much needed umff to your Shooting power and will cost 250pts for the pair, bringing your Hvy support to 425pts (total: 1705pts)

That leaves 295pts to spend on something Fast/Elite.

Elite:
Flamers are fine, but make sure they target ONLY weak Infantry, elsewise until this gets FAQed ur just giving ur enemy FNP which will stack.

Thats 138pts leaving 157pts.

Fast:
Ur current Fast attack choices are, at 2000pts, way too small squad size. For 157pts I have the perfect idea:
3x Plague Drones:
- Rot Proboscis
- Death Heads
156pts
These guys can shield you Nurgle Soulgrinder by hopping out of the way and then back in the way after shooting, and are tough and as fast as hell. They can tie up any units you dont want shooting in CC and can support your assault forces as they charge in.

Thats totals 1999pts of a varied and mixed list that yes requires some new vehicles and models but not many extra troops over all. Its still the same basic structure you gave (I think) so I hope this helped you out.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 06:00 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Duskan's advice is mostly solid. A few minor quibbles on my part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskan View Post
Sure, Acquiescense is the only useful one to a SlaHerald (useful for negating the Eldar I advantage or giving Bloodletters the ability to strike first)… but I daresay that Telepathy has 3 awesome powers.

Also, at 2000 points I'd like to have a 5th Troops choice, myself—preferably Daemonettes or Bloodletters, since 2 fragile assault units alone are going to get splattered by enemy shooting. I'll also echo Duskan again about the need for a higher body count in the 2 squads as they currently are. You need to invest in enough fragile models that some get to combat and wreck house. Those scoring units are just so useful.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 03-14-13 at 06:03 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 06:54 PM

@Mossy toes: fair play Tbh I totally forgot telepathy as an option, that makes slaanesh psychers totally viable my bad.
If u are after another assault unit I would suggest dropping the Flamers in favour of another squad of 15 Daemonettes at 135pts since the flamers are ur weakest unit until they FAQ about the warpfire stacking.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 03:28 AM Thread Starter

Creon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskan View Post

The Lord of change is perfect apart from pump him up to Mastery Lv 3. Flying and Divination is this models friend.
Can do, that's not a big problem
Quote:

The Heralds need a drastic change. To me the Nurgle one is the only one that would do any good in their current form.

Khorne Herald:
- Lesser Gift (AP2)
- Greater Locus of Fury (to get ur unit RAGE!!!)
DONE, cheap and effective enjoy killing enemy charatcers in one round.
My Khorne herald is on a Jugger, so he kinda has to stay on a jugger.
Quote:

Slaanesh Herald:
- Exalted Locus of Beguilment (re-rolls to hit in cc and gets past that cock-blocking sergeant)
- Lesser Gift (AP2)
Maybe, but I do like to go first a lot. I'll think about it.
Quote:

Tzeentch Herald:
- Mastery Lv 3 (take Change Primarius and two Divination powers [get the primarius for twin-linked 5d6 str 6 shots from this squad)
- Exalted Locus of Conjuration (for str 6 Horror shots on that Primarius)
A decent Herald. He shouldnt be in cc and wont benefit from gifts that much. Just put him in the Horror squad and watch even enemy flyers get mown down by sheer number of shots.

Good advice, I tend to overgear my guys anyway.
Quote:

Nurgle Herald:
- Lesser gift (AP2)
- Psycher lv 1
- Greater Locus of Fecundity
you pretty much had this right. Take a plague power for decent witchfire/buffing ur plagubearers and take a cheap Etherblade for some sneaky AP2.

Ive moved your HQ's from costing 745pts to 680pts and made them much more effective with the rest of the Army in my opinion.

Troops:
Drop the second Horror squad and bring your Bloodletters and Daemonettes to 15 or they will die before getting anywhere near combat . Plaguebearers to 15 for OCD's sake. Also add 1-5 Horrors at least to your remaining Horror squad to increase their warp charge points to 3. Tbh dont bother with the unit champions as you will have Heralds for that. You dont need icons that much unless your planning a big deepstrike attack. i would drop all the upgrades and keep em basic. Now you have 4 decent troop choices gone from 787pts to 600pts without upgrades and 20 horrors in one squad.

I'm waiting on a shipment of Bloodletters to get me to 20. Right now, all I have is 10. I'm trying to keep in theme to multiples of the number of the gods, that's whyfor the "inefficient " Numbers. 6x2 Slannesh, 8x2 Nurgle, 7x2 Tzeentch (I fudged there should fix that). I have plenty of horrors to bulk them up at the moment, but them and daemonettes are all I have spare (30 daemonettes total, 100 Horrors) Un-built I have mostly a dozen more daemonettes, 10 seekers and 1 lawnmowers of Slaanesh
Quote:

Right so now we are at 1280pts we can look at some hard hitting stuff.

Hvy:
Make you Soulgrinder Nurgle and give him Phlebm Bombardment instead of Warpgaze. Ur not gonna hit with that. Thats 180pts instead of 175pts.
I'll consider it, but I like warpgaze.
Quote:

Since you have Horrors to help with AA i will say he doesnt need a buddy, but your Bloodletters and Daemonettes would benefit amazingly from a couple of Skullcannons. These will add some much needed umff to your Shooting power and will cost 250pts for the pair, bringing your Hvy support to 425pts (total: 1705pts)
No skullcannons for the simple reason I don't have and don't like the model. I agree they'd help
Quote:

That leaves 295pts to spend on something Fast/Elite.

Elite:
Flamers are fine, but make sure they target ONLY weak Infantry, elsewise until this gets FAQed ur just giving ur enemy FNP which will stack.

Thats 138pts leaving 157pts.

Fast:
Ur current Fast attack choices are, at 2000pts, way too small squad size. For 157pts I have the perfect idea:
3x Plague Drones:
- Rot Proboscis
- Death Heads
156pts
Don't have drones. Don't think I can afford them.
Quote:

These guys can shield you Nurgle Soulgrinder by hopping out of the way and then back in the way after shooting, and are tough and as fast as hell. They can tie up any units you dont want shooting in CC and can support your assault forces as they charge in.

Thats totals 1999pts of a varied and mixed list that yes requires some new vehicles and models but not many extra troops over all. Its still the same basic structure you gave (I think) so I hope this helped you out.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-13, 08:37 AM

Well like I said I was giving advise assuming u were adding new models. 16 bloodletters is ok, take 18 daemonettes if ur going for god numbers, 14 plaguebearers are ok, and 18 horrors is fine too.
I don't see the point of using ur khorne herald on a hugger. He would only then benefit bloodcrushers which are really bad in this new codex.
Best of luck with the list and if u can take some of the advise I've given into the mix all the better but hope I've helped!

War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

W/D/L (5th)
Csm 38/5/10
Daemons 68/0/0

W/D/L (6th)
Csm 32/4/12
Daemons 85/0/0

Throne of Skulls best Daemon Player 3 times now!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Tags
daemons of chaos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode