Nurgle Daemons 600pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-13, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Duskan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Nurgle Daemons 600pts

HQ: 105pts
Herald of Nurgle (joins 10x Plaguebearers)
+ Psycher Lv1
+ Lesser Reward
+ Locus of Fecundity

Troops: 189pts
10x Plaguebearers

11x Plaguebearers

Fast: 126pts
3x Plague Drones

Hvy: 180pts
Nurgle Soulgrinder with Phlem

Total: 600pts Exactly

The herald generally takes an etherblade unless he rolls something that specifically helps against a foe (that armourbane flamer against a mech list for example) that way he can choose between poisoned 4+ autoglace on 6's CCW or an AP2 master crafted CCW.
His psychic power is plague either choice 1-2 or 3-4 as he cant take 5-6 and thats fine by me as i think plague is a very strong choice in this codex. With his high BS the large blast at full range cant scatter back onto himself so thats a plus and the other power makes his squad go from ok to very good in cc. The primaris is so-so since you cant use it for overwatch.

The plaguebearers obviously go for objectives and try and survive in cover.

The Plague Drones are nasty if used against the right opponent and help shield the soulgrinder if he can't find cover.

The Soulgrinder is the big hitter. At a 600pt level he works very well on his own either shooting or in CC but mainly blasting anything that can really hurt my Troops.

I had a chance to playtest this list against a csm list that had:
Chaos Sorcerer of Tz MLv2 3++
2 squads of 20 autogun/hvy stubber cultists
3 Tz Oblits

It was the scouring on a 4'x4' board with lots of craters and tall ruins that hid even my soulgrinder.
The big 4 point objective was slap bang in the middle of the board out in the open, with the others on our table sides in craters and a 3 point one half way up the table on the left flank in a ruin.
It was a fun game for both of us and was very fluffy with Nurgle daemons coming to stop the Tz worshippers from capturing artifacts with lots of moments that were very animated.

I went second but night fighting first turn meant I had stealth and shrouded for all my units and as I placed them all in cover I only lost 1 plague bearer to massed assaultcannon fire from the oblits (they decided not to target my soulgrinder with a 2+ cover save this turn. Gotta love Papa Nurgle)

My turn had my Plague Drones fly up and charge the Oblits to stop them shooting at my now open Soulgrinder (gotta love that cavelry have fleet, got a 12" charge!)
My soulgrinder moved up out of cover (hense the charge above) and blasted 4 cultists on his half moving up the table on the left flank.
My plague bearers held back in cover on two 2pt objectives on my side.
The combat went well with me managing to kill an oblit and drawing combat losing two wounds on a drone (T5 saved my life from those powerfists here)

His turn two and his cultist on the right moved up the flank and rapid fired my plaguebearers killing two and the other squad moved (ran in a cowardly fashion) away from the soulgrinder (it was funny to imagine cultists advancing only to see a soulgrinder turn the corner and blast 4 of them. That would make me "tactically re-deploy" too! ).
Combat didnt go so well with him killing all three plague drones for only one wound on his oblits (sorcerer was in the oblit squad and used his force sword + he had enfeeble cast on my Drones this turn which meant powerfists wiped me out) giving him first blood and a VP for a fast attack kill.

My turn and my PB squad with Herald charge the cultist shooting them on the right and my Herald reduced them to WS and I 1 with his psychic power.
My soul grinder charged the oblits who had consolidated onto the 4 point objective in the centre (his cultists held a 1 point on his side left flank (the squad running away from soulgrinder) and a 3 point on the right flank (squad that had just been charged))
Combat was a success despite the soulgrinder killing only one wounded oblit (stupid 4++ saves) but it caused them to flee and they ran 8" as I cant chase them due to SAP
The Herald killed 4 cultists with the remaining 7 PB killing another 8, only losing two PB in return (good luck on his part and my appalling rolling for saves). He ran a full 12" and i consolidated 4" after them (again SAP).

His turn 3 and he rallied his oblit and sorcerer but his cultist continued to flee and ran off the board.
His other cultist squad on the left ran up the flank around the soulgrinder to head for the last objective (the 3 point one in a ruin)
The oblit snap-fireing at the soulgrinder with a MM missed and that was his turn.

My turn three and I charged the cultist squad on the left flank with my other PB squad, charged the remaining oblit and sorcerer with the Soulgrinder and the Herald and other squad ran off towards his 3 point objective that the runaway cultists abbandoned.
In three rounds of combat. I wiped out the cultist with my PB and wiped out the sorcerer and oblit with the soulgrinder leaving the score 8-2 with me having 6 objective points and 2 extra with line breaker and slay the warlord and he with first blood and a fastattack kill.

Just after opinions on the list and the game i had? any changes to either the list or tactics?
(I know the Plague Drones charging Oblits was a mistake but I felt I had to sacrifice them so the soul grinder could move up safely)

Try to keep it Nurgle Please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

No comments?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 06:11 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

It's a nice and vicious little list, though at this points level I'd be tempted to just bring only Plaguebearers (+Heralds w/ Fecundity). They can deep strike in, glance any vehicles to death, and slowly chop their way through the entire enemy army.

Still, sounds like a fun game. Just looking at the lists I can see your opponent was fighting an uphill battle from the start—well done.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks mossy I like my list. I wouldn't drop the soulgrinder as at this points level its so tough. But I could drop the flies for 14 more plaguebearers :D but then again the models are so nice.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-13, 07:35 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

They are that, and add some precious mobility. Eh, at 600 points 2 scoring units are plenty, I guess.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode