T/S returns to Slaanesh - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default T/S returns to Slaanesh

Well not too pleased with the new daemon dex... its kinda raped by Tzeentch and Nurgle armies but the joy of having 3 different armies is that there's always a greener pasture (I did once have a khorne army too, but its now only remnants).

260- Keeper of Secrets- 2 greater gifts, lv3 (telepathy)
145- Herald of Slaanesh- Lv2 (telepathy), beguilement, greater gift
160- Herald of Slaanesh- Lv2 (telepathy), beguilement, greater gift, cavalry
115- 10 Daemonettes- champ, greater gift, musician
115- 10 Daemonettes- champ, greater gift, icon
105- 10 Daemonettes- champ, greater gift
145- 10 Seekers- champ, greater gift, musician
150- Soul Grinder
150- Soul Grinder
150- Soul Grinder
=1495 (if I've done my maths right)

The KoS is hoping to become a bit more survivable with his greater gifts (good chance for 4+ FNP, reroll of inv or 3+ armour... any of which is nice) but they're all good options (as is the whip).

The heralds and champs won't even bother rolling on the table: what's good for the KoS is pretty poor for them. instead they'll just turn whatever result they get into a greater etherblade for some Ap2 goodness.

The main ranged power in the list is coming from telepathy with psychic shriek doing its work... but back that up with the 3 harvesters on teh grinders and it should be quite painful. Mainly though the idea is to get to the opponent quickly, feck them over with puppet master (on vehicles) or hallucination (on infantry) and then charge in, possibly with invisible units.

I know few will have the book yet but what do the people that do think?

Last edited by Tim/Steve; 03-02-13 at 11:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 07:59 PM
Iniquity's Flag is: USA

Caught me right as I was about to leave. Without referencing the codex for any tweaks, I think it looks good. I was thinking the excess psychic power acquiescence might be nice if it works the way I think it should(initiative 5 or lower enemies don't act).

Why the musicians and not banners?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
WFB Moderator

Its to a minimum of 1... and with no assault grenades any more means you'll be attacking at the same time. I prefer to either kill the enemy or make it so that their attacks aren't going to kill me.

The instrument has changed: it now means that when one of those units enters play from reserve you get another from the same god free... I don't really need 4 to be honest.

It would probably be better to remove 1 of the musicians and to switch the foot herald to cav as well... that would allow me to outflank with 3 units if I wanted to (the cav and 2 daemonette units if the heralds joined them). Nice option to have

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-02-13, 08:52 PM

Karnox's Flag is: Russia

[I think you're 3rd unit of demonettes is 10 points under]

nevermind re-read the list and seen that they dont have an icon or instrument sorry

But yeah the list looks good, I'm finding it hard to pick stuff cause it all looks so nice but I guess going for a mono-god list is the easiest option and I do like telepathy, probably my favourite discipline.

When life gives you lemons..... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Last edited by Karnox; 03-03-13 at 04:47 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 04:14 AM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

List looks good T/S, one question though. With poor state of princes, would you be entirely opposed to using skarbrand as your 'big hitter' HQ over a KoS? The rage embodied would be a fantastic force multiplier for your high I army. I am tossing around the idea of using him. For his points he's an absolute steal, and he comes stock with a 3+, and instant death warlord trait. (not to mention ws, bs, and initative 10.)

Last edited by Ravner298; 03-03-13 at 04:18 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 06:06 AM
Iniquity's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravner298 View Post
List looks good T/S, one question though. With poor state of princes, would you be entirely opposed to using skarbrand as your 'big hitter' HQ over a KoS? The rage embodied would be a fantastic force multiplier for your high I army. I am tossing around the idea of using him. For his points he's an absolute steal, and he comes stock with a 3+, and instant death warlord trait. (not to mention ws, bs, and initative 10.)
Ignoring Skarbrand's fluff, I think he is more of a Slaanesh type daemon, and he does synergize well with them.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 06:10 AM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Indeed. His rule set always leaned more towards slaanesh. He was a popular inclusion in the last incantation of the codex in pure slaanesh lists because of the synergy between rage embodied and high initiative. I think the list was nicknamed pimp and hoes or something of the like. With this new codex it seems as strong as ever with the massive amount of cheap fast high I rending.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
WFB Moderator

... my old list:
300- Skarbrand
90- HoS, musk, might, chariot
90- HoS, musk, might, chariot
190- 6 Fiends, unholy might
145- 10 Daemonettes, transfixing gaze

(from here)

Skarbrand was amazing in a mono-slaanesh army and my KoS is converted to have a snake like tail in place of legs and frothing at the mouth (tending to look more like drool though) to represent him. Skarbrand's abilities were always so much better for Slaaneshi armies (especially as they had assault grenades) and him having fleet in place of wings definitely let him 'fit in'.

I think he's still a good option, but he just doesn't feel so Slaanesi any more as he would be the only model in the army without rending and fleet and would have furious charge instead... for now I'm going to keep the KoS, but I wouldn't rule out Skarbrand entirely

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 12:20 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

List looks very good T/S. The only thing I can really suggest is for you to get a little less fluffy and drop the severely overpriced MoS on the grinders in favour of MoT (or maybe even MoK) and use the extra points to buff out your units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-03-13, 05:55 PM
inquisitions's Flag is: United Kingdom

Your Daemonette and Seeker squads are too cheap, i think you have used the points for the lesser gift rather then the greater ones.

Other then that i like the list its probably more all round to my silly 2 greater daemon, 3 prince lists that i messed about with last editon and will probably continue onto this one

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode