Shooting daemons 2000p - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-12, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Chaos4reaL's Flag is: Sweden

Default Shooting daemons 2000p

Next tourne in forthnight at 2000p. This time Iīm thinking shooting!

HQ
4x Herald of Tzeentch, chariot, legion, master, bolt

Heavy support
2x Soulgrinder, phlegm

Fast attack
3x Blight drones of Nurgle
(phlegm cannon and a twinlinked S7 heavy 3 BS2 AV12)

Elite
2x6 fiends might
1x 5 fiends might

Troops
10x Bletters, instrument
5x PBs
5x PBs
/2000p

With this list i have 5 blasts S8, 4x bolts, 16x daemonic gaze and 9x blight canon twinlinked S6 at BS2 but still. If I get second wave Iīm gone and I know my troops are weak at 2000p, but if my PBs get any action with all this on the pitch before round 5 Iīd be very surprised! I fell good about the shooting in the list but I donīt really know if my fiends will do all they have to when it comes to killing caracters and other units. What do you guys say???

Last edited by Chaos4reaL; 04-12-12 at 06:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-12, 05:06 PM

Chaos40kAD's Flag is: USA

Im in the "wow, only 2 sets of 5 PB's for troops" camp, though the 10 Bloodletters make me happy. Three squads of fiends will rip shit up, period I've always wanted to try 4 heralds with 3 grinders.. I might also (if it were me) only take Legion on one or two of the Heralds to scrounge up some points, for another fiend or drop the drones and roll three grinders. It might also be worth scrapping the BL's for some Horrors to really add to the shooting, as your 3 squads of fiends will be doing all the melee killing hopefully. You could probably score two squads of 5 or 6 horrors with bolt and a changeling by dropping legion off your heralds and scrapping the letters. Sure they die fast, but two more bolts, 15 or so shots per squad, and if nothing else, they get assaulted and tie up whatever it is till the fiends get there.. Anyway just my 2 cents

-Brett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 04:01 AM

From what I see T-chariot/soul grinder/fiend daemon army make great blitzkrieg list. The 2 grinders are liable to die but for the chaos and distraction they cause, it's well worth it. Not sure what to make of blight drones but if they do indeed have phelgm, then drop all your troops for 4 bolt horror squads.

Zap transports, shell whatever unlucky saps are forced out. if the 5 phelgm shots don't make your opponent shudder, the fiends will. Against hordes, phelgm, warpfire, fiend assault repeat (and remember your fiends have hit & run if they get stuck in swarms of guys).

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-12, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

My experience with fiends is that they inspite of a shit load of attacks they draw blank vs marines with good saves as only their rending blows count and if fiends get taken out
for some reason I have my bletters for support with power weapons. I will give the list a couple of test runs in the comming weeks and I will try the Horrors idea. I donīt like Horrors, they constantly let me down, T3 4+ save with 4++ to hit is only so good. Will be playing Blood Angels today witch should give some answers.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-12, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Have now played two games vs Blood Angels with one win and win loss, both ending in wipe out. BA brings 3 razorbacks w. lascannons twin-lnked, 3x5 marines inthem, mephisto, a priest, 5 assault termies, a landraider, 10 deathcompany a big bird and a C.C dread.

My first game I DS all to hell ending within assault range with 2 blight drones, 1 grinder and 3 Heralds. So round 2 they were no more as was the game.

Game 2 I took some advice and changed my troops to 4x5 horrors, bolt and 4 crushers full command over a unit of fiends. This time my DS is poor again but at least keeps most out of assault range but for 2 heralds that bite it round 2, unfortunatly a grinder and a herald gets lost in DS. My drones and grinders keep out of range for the hole match shooting and shooting. Round 2 I get 6 fiends in and 5 horrors. My horrors and my Grinder take out a razorback and 5 marines wile my other shooting only rolls ones for the bird, and the other razors.
Round 3 my Crushers get assaulted by mephisto and his termies. nothing left. My reserve rolls get more fiends and a herald. My grinder takes out a razorback and its marines and a drone pluckes the bird and rolls a imobilized on the dread. Round 4 my fiends assault whats left of the death company leaving only the preist and then hit n run and the other fiends kill mephisto. Round 5 Termies attack 5 fiends and roll crap only killing 2 with me killing all with really good rolling, 6s everywhere! Now its only a raider and a razorback to pluck and with all that shooting and attacking left on the bord thats easy!

Really fellt that the horrors were a better match up with my other shooting, my crushers draw another blank again, as normal for me but everything else exelled. Will have to fitt in the changling but other than that i fell that the list is good and that I like it for next weekends up and comming tourne.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Tourne completed and not to my satisfaction unfortunatle.
Game 1, spearhead, 5 objectives.
Ultra marines, standard list with 2 dreads, raider with terminater and cassius, 3x rhinos w. 3x 10 marines, 2 landspeeders, rhino, and 4 bikes w. att bike.

Round 1. I get to start and get first wave (3x 1 blight drone, 2 SGs, crushers and 2 heralds) I pop all rhinos and no shooting for a dread and move my crushers closer to his grounded marines. His bikes and 10 marines move in to finish of 2x 5 Horrors that DS close by. His shooting does little and I can save most.

Round 2. My fiends and heralds arrive from reserves. I roll the dice and get what I want mostly! Now his speeders have weapons destroyed and his rhino canīt shoot his round. More marines take bullits and go down. The marines kill of my 2x 5 horrors and move in for my 2x SG and 1x Blight drone. His round, and his terminaters assault 1 herald and kill it.

Round 3. All my units have arrived. My fiends assault the terminaters w. my crushers close by to assault round 4. I stay in C.C with my fiends so his termies donīt jump back in the raider before my crushers can finish them. Termies misses most of their attacks and saves = 2 wounds, alocated, on fiends and 2 dead termies. My SGs shoot close bikes and kill all but for the attack bike, blight drone shoots up the marines leaving just 1 attack bike w. meltas
His round kills 2 fiends and 2 more termies. His attack bike gets a imobilized on a SG.

Round 4. My crushers assault and kill the terminaters w. cassius. Only 5 marines, an attack bike a raider, a rhino and 2 imobilized landspeeders left. My crushers set of for the speeders my fiends go for the raider and my SGs wrecks the rhino. Drones kill his last dread. His bike and rhino goes down. His round, he tries to hide hoping for a round 5 ending!

Round 5. Crushers kill speeders, fiends pop the raider !!! THX for unholy might and lots of 6s!!! SGs kill marines and game ends in total wipeout
Game ends 20-0 to me.

More to come...

Last edited by Chaos4reaL; 04-23-12 at 09:40 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Game 2, pitched battle w. objectives
I get draw vs Dark Eldar (3 "boats", 2 venoms, 2x 10 warriors, succubus scorge w. entourage, 6 jetbikes and some more that I forgot 2x 5 squads in venoms and 5 scouts of some sorts)

He gives me round 1 and I field 2 SG, 3 Heralds, 3 Blight drones in first wave and roll it in. I start shooting at his boats and venoms and roll hits with everything even roll some pen but can even get a weapons destroyed!!! All I get out of my round is 2 misses on phlegm that scatter into his warriors killing 4. His round pops a SG, immobilizes a drone and kill a herald!!
Round 2
My crushers, 3x 5 horrors and a herald arrive from reserves. I DS them close to his warriors and get scatters from hell. My crushers go 12" in the middle of his armie, surrounded! 2 X 5 horrors mishap into other units, one terrible accident and one misplaced. I shoot all I have again at his AV and once again I roll hits on all shots only to get 1s and 2s on the damage table! His round and he shoots his venoms into my crushers killing them, I miss my saves completely! Here is were I should have changed dice!! My damaged blight drone gets a weapons destroyed an d another drones gets wrecked. Several wound on my heralds.
Round 3
My big unit of fiends come in and land were I want them. My horrors shoot at his warriors in cover taking some more. His round, my SGs are out of battle with no weapons and immobilized, my fiends get assaulted by scorge and entourage and get killed all but for the boss man him self, I then hit and run.
Round 4
Last fiends come in. My shooting once again go for his AVs. This time I destroy a boat and put both venoms out of commission! hurra!! Fiends take out scorge. His round And I no longer have any AV as my drones to bite the dust and another herald. Long story short I keep rolling like shit nor making any saves or vital kills. And by round 6 I have no points on the table. Bad luck and crappy dice being my foe
He wins 20-0
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-12, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Game 3, spearhead killpoints
I draw Blood Angels (Mephisto, terminaters in raider, 10 jumppack marines, 3 razorbacks w. 5 marines in each, furioso dread, stormraven, priest w. deathcompany, drop pod and some more )
Game starts he gives me round one and I get first wave. He deploys perfectly using his raider as a shield for his other AV giving them cover as I canīt DS to his side as he would have me assaulted so i take the fare end making my shooting poor and giving him cover all around. All my shooting misses and he advances slowly keeping his raider as a shield. A pod drops the furioso in my knee. He shoots out 1 herald, 1 Drone and gets immobilized on another drone aand a weapons destroyed and kills a SG! Game over and every thing else is a fight to keep the numbers down ending in round 7 wiped out leving 600p blood angels on the table. He wins 20-0

Game 4
Grey knights,
End of story
He wins 20-0

Summery
The list is good and on a normal day it will finish very top 20% in a tourne. It gives good shooting vs all with a good mix of power weapons, speed, rending, shooting with AP 1 and 3. 5 big blasts S8 very nice vs hordes and a total of 12x S8 shoots for good AV shooting. I had a lot of bad luck and the ordinary randomness of CD against me but the list is good and I an recommed it!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 02:07 AM

You should take a look at the new forgeworld "Decimators" (for CSM and Daemons). They take up elite choices and are basically daemonic drednoughts on steroids. About as close to Dreadknights as one can get.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-12, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

I know! Hope they will be allowed soon over here but today the rules say that they are illigale till they are published in Imperial armour. Would love the idea of Decimators and Blight Drones on the table!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode