1500 (ish) force - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
bobss's Flag is: England

Default 1500 (ish) force

HQ

epidemius - 110

fateweaver - 333

herald of tzeetch - we are legion , master of sorcery, breath of chaos , boon of mutation, disk -
ELITES

2 beasts of nurgle - noxious touch - 80

TROOPS

10 bloodletters - instrument of chaos , fury of khorne , chaos icon - 200

10 plaguebearers - instrument of chaos , chaos icon , noxious touch - 190

FAST ATTACK

5 khorne hounds - 75

5 screamers - unholy might

HEAVY SUPPORT

soulgrinder - phlegm - 160

daemon prince - mark of nurgle , iron hide , noxious touch , daemonic gaze - 170

what do you think of this? , anyway i could change/improve it?

the plan is that i would combine the toughness of nurgle and the shooting ability to create a strong yet versatile army. there are khorne elements added too, to give the force some more killing power.

nurgle :

the nurgle the plaguebearers will be the backbone of the army, as well as a ' screening ' unit, also once epidemius` tally is up high they will be able to go head-to-head with most enemy units and win. the beasts once upgraded by the tally will also be pretty powerfu, one is equiped with noxious touch to help it if it gets dragged into combat early on. the daemon prince with the mark of nurgle will be primarily used to get epidemius` tally higher up. and the force is rounded of with epidemius, not only is he equiped with some strong stats + gifts but his tally makes any nurgle heavy army powerful.also the nurglings will be used as screening units and when upgraded by epi`s tally they will be pretty good

tzeetch :

as nurgle isn`t brillaint in combat i wanted alot of ranged units to ' weaken ' my opponent, the herald is there simpley because i can have 2 for a single slot, also when equiped with more than 2 ' offensive ' spells along with we are legion and master of sorcery it can use around 3 spells per shooting phase. fateweaver will be close to any unit really, making them alot harder to kill as well as providing ranged support

khorne :

i only have 2 khorne units , these are the letters and the hounds, the hounds will be used to take out skirmishers and generally annoy weaker troops, the bloodletters will be my main killing unit

slaanesh :

as you can see i have no slaanesh units in my army, this is because as slaanesh are fast and furious (lol) i dont really have much use for them in my force, nurgle is the backbone, khorne provides the killing ability and tzeetch alot of ranged support. these 3 cover the main aspects of a ' balanced ' force and i dont need any fast units - hence screamers + hounds or attacking units - letters + nurgle units when boosted by epi`s tally

other units :

i will have a grinder as they are cool models and will give my whole force a boost in defence, combat and ranged abilities

set up :

as daemons dont set up like normal armies , i have to guess which half or cohort as alessio put it will go first. although there is a better chance that my favoured half will go first , there is also a chance that the other one might go too.

1st - epidemius, fateweaver, plaguebearers, nurglings , deamon prince

with this i can get fateweaver onto the table fast , helping my weaker units in defence as the enemy will bring alot of firepower to bear at the start, and epidemius to get the tally full of kills straight away along with the DP. the nurglings will be there to annoy and screen and out of my 2 main infantry units i chose the plaguebearers as they are tougher that letters, also there icon will help other units onto the board

2nd - herald , beasts , letters , hounds , grinder

the second half includes the tzeetch herald, giving my army even more ranged power. the letters, hounds and grinder are there to boost my units in combat, also by then it will be safer to come onto the board. the beasts will arrive and get boosted by epidemius` tally straight away and be thrown into combat to cause mayhem. if this half unfortunately goes first then there is an icon to help summon the reserves and enough combat and raged abilities to hold there own until reinforcments arrive

what do you think of my tactics / strategies?

Last edited by Katie Drake; 05-22-08 at 05:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 07:28 PM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

add another 500 points so our daemons can fight next time we meet BOB

Oh its looking good btw

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-08, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks, im confident in my plaguebearers however its those princes im worried about

why can i dispell them like in fantasy!!!"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-08, 10:36 AM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would ether take out epidemius or fateweaver for more number, part from that it is a sweet list

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-08, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

thanks, i was considering taking out the screamers as my primary opponent will be riandro and as he seems like he will field no vehicles then my screamers will be pushed to find a useful purpose

i will take the herald out and maybe get a keeper of secrets or a `crusher
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-08, 01:49 PM

Looks good and awesome but why has no oe made an entire deamon army for one god.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-08, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

so heres my new and final list :

HQ

epidemius - 110

keeper of secrets - pavane of slaanesh , unholy might, daemonic gaze , 255

ELITES

2 x beasts of nurgle - noxious touch - 80

bloodcrusher of khorne - fury of khorne - 50

TROOPS

10 x plaguebearers - chaos icon , instrument of chaos , noxious touch - 190

10 x daemonettes - chaos icon , instrument of chaos , transfixing gaze - 175

3 x nurgling bases - 39

FAST ATTACK

5 x flesh hounds - 75

karnak - 35

HEAVY SUPPORT

soulgrinder - plegm, tongue - 185

daemon prince - iron hide , unholy might , mark of nurgle , noxious touch , boon of mutation - 210

tactics :

1st half: epidemius , beasts of nurgle , plaguebearers , nurglings , daemon prince

2nd half : KoS, bloodcrusher, daemonettes , hounds + karnak , soulgrinder

the plan is to use the strength of the nurgle units with the speed and skill of the slaanesh units. the khorne stuff is to add more killing ability and epidemius` is there to help make my nurgle units stronger. the DP and `grinder are used for a bit of ranged support but mostly adding to the armies combat ability

no one has made an army for one god because its pretty weak. the new daemons were designed so you can field a balanced army , the gods are strong at different things and have there own weaknesses, when combined you have a force or tough ( nurgle ) , fast ( slaanesh ) powerful ( khorne ) and ranged ( tzeetch ) army.

Can we stop double-posting now? I'm getting tired of merging posts. - Katie D

Last edited by Katie Drake; 05-23-08 at 05:06 PM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-08, 11:43 AM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks good, nice list

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-08, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks im getting epidemius` tommmorow and in a few weeks i hope to beat riandro
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-08, 02:55 PM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode