Fast:
17x Seeker
17x Seeker
Heavy:
Daemon Prince: Flight

Total 1996 10 Kill points

1st wave: 1x Crusher, Fate, Thirster, 2x seekers

The idea is to use the speed of the seekers and cheap princes to snare units and with so many attacks from the seekers if my opponent leaves them be they should statistically be able to pop transports and slow down mech armies for the thirster and crushers to clean up. Hopefully with fates rerolls, thier numbers, and some proper positioning the seekers should be fairly durable. I also hope most players will be too busy dealing with fate, crushers, and thirster to worry about the possibly 24 inch threat range of the seekers. Plus there is always the bonus of aura for cover huggers. Wanted to get some fellow daemon players opinions, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-12, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Oel

Oh yes, forgot to mention, my area I see a lot of GK, DE, Eldar, Necrons, SW, and BA's. I normally run the normal fate-crusher list and it does me well, but wanted to try something different. I've been playing with smaller units of seekers and they have performed very well for me and I got talking with a buddy and just the sheer number of attacks and speed seems pretty impressive in theory. Plus, I'm tired of bolt spam.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-12, 04:30 PM

Chaos4reaL's Flag is: Sweden

Looks like a very nice list IMO. I would spring for a unit of 6x fiends or 5x Flamers, I would take the points from the Seekers witch are to big IMO anyway. Never need that many attacks, I want to almost kill the enemy but keep one alive to kill in his assaultphase leaving me free from his shooting and ready for assault come my turn. Other than that you are very very weak in Troops if I met you I would kill them all first chance I got and get a tie or even a win from it. 3x 5 PBs are more or less standard in these kinds of lists but I know some daredevils like to spend less on boring PBs thats just sitting there anyway. My 5 cents

Last edited by Chaos4reaL; 02-12-12 at 04:48 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-12, 09:52 PM

Greyheed's Flag is: USA

At the very least I would split the Seekers into 3 units rather than two. This will allow you to throw them at the enemy in smaller groups if necessary instead of tying up all of them, and you could multi charge if you really need something dead. This will also force the enemy to split fire instead of pouring it all into one unit.
Mostly it will cut down the deepstrike footprint. 17 models on cavalry bases takes up a lot of room which makes mishaps much more likely. If they're split into smaller units mishaps are less likely, and if they do mishap, there is less at risk.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-12, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Oel

I could try dividing them into 3 groups. If I did it would look more like this.

HQ:
Fateweaver
Bloodthirster:Blessing
Troops:
5x Plaguebearers
5x Plaguebearers
Elites:
4x Bloodcrushers: all options
4x Bloodcrushers: all options
Fast:
12x Seeker
12x Seeker
10x Seeker
Heavy:

Would be the same points, 1 more unit.

As far as the two troops, If the gods agree with me most of the time they shouldn't be on the board too early. I am hoping that by the time they do come out my other units have already snared thier army so my opponent should in theory have more important things to deal with. I think with the squads divided I'd still have enough attacks to chew up most vehicles rear armor and enough staying power to be a threat. Thanks for the tip!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-12, 05:34 AM Thread Starter
Oel

Going to try some test runs of the revised list probably later this week. See how well the seeker spam does for me. If it feels like way too much over kill after a few games i might drop the 10 seekers for either a squad of horrors or another bearer squad.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-12, 03:45 PM

Chaos40kAD's Flag is: USA

The Thirster will be the fire magnet IMO, they usually are. I Really like Thirsters and Pretty much always include one nowadays, even if he is drawing all the fire, the rest of your dudes can get into position. I like the list overall, but I agree that running the seekers in three groups may be advantageous to the larger two groups. Let us know, Also do you have a larger picture of the Grinder in your Avatar, it looks like a great paint job and I'd like to see more.

-Brett
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-12, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Oel

I do have some more photos, i'll try to get around to posting some of my whole army. Thirsters are great, I totally agree with you. They are worth the points to me even if it never makes it into combat just because if played right they can soak up SO much fire. If your opponent ignores them, it's just as good for you! Win win. I've seen venom/dark lance spam DE list take two whole turns to take down my thirster and mech BA throw everything they had at mine and he still took out thier stormraven. I'm a full supporter of Thirsters and bloodcrushers with wound allocation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode