Help me Decide which Bretonnian list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Lord Rahl's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Help me Decide which Bretonnian list

So these list were written for a up and coming tournament in 5 weeks time. I want to be prepared and ready before then so I don't make a silly last minute change, plus I need to get some painting done.

I would like to hear others thoughts about the lists and for them give some C&C. This will be my first tournament using the Brets and I would really like to do well.

BTW please do not mention Trebuchets, I don't have the models and am unable to get any in time.

LIST 1
Damsel - lvl 2 (beast), pray icon - 130

paladin - BSB, warrior bane, charmed shield, Virtue Empathy, horse - 94

8 Kotr - FC, banner displine - 231 (bsb here)

9 KE - FC, - 201

24 [email protected] - banner, musician - 135 (damsel here)

20 bowmen - stakes, braizers - 125

5 Yeomen - musician - 82

Total = 998

LIST 2
Damsel - lvl 2 (beast), pray icon - 130

paladin - BSB, warrior bane, charmed shield, Virtue Empathy, horse - 94

8 Kotr - FC, banner displine - 231 (bsb here)

9 KE - FC, - 201

24 [email protected] - banner, musician - 135 (damsel here)

10 bowmen - stakes, braizers - 65

10 bowmen - stakes - 60

5 Yeomen - musician - 82

Total = 998

LIST 3
Prophetess - lvl 4 (heavans), potion sacre, horse - 250

paladin - BSB, horse, Charmed shield, warriors bane, Virtue of disdain - 104

8 Kotr - FC, banner displine - 231 (prophetess here)

8 KE - FC, banner flame - 191 (bsb here)

10 bowmen - Stakes, braizers - 65

10 bowmen - Stakes, braizers - 65

5 Yeomen - musician - 82

TOTAL = 998

All mon-keigh must die
We who are about to die, Salute you!

http://www.facebook.com/prettypreciousjewellery

Last edited by Lord Rahl; 04-16-12 at 09:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 09:32 AM

Please change the title to something concerning Brets. As for helping, I'll need to consult the book at home and get back to you.

Hive Fleet Tarasque/The Black Legion of Khemri
Battles: 13/3
Wins: 8/2
Minor Wins: 0/0
Minor Losses: 1/0
Losses: 4/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Tzeentch runs GW.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Oh, sorry about that thought, it I had done. I have edited it to include bretonnia.

All mon-keigh must die

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 09:47 AM

Thanks Rahl, I'll look at my book when I get home and do a preview of some edits that may or may not be in order Hopefully I can get some insight on ya.

Hive Fleet Tarasque/The Black Legion of Khemri
Battles: 13/3
Wins: 8/2
Minor Wins: 0/0
Minor Losses: 1/0
Losses: 4/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-A-C View Post
Tzeentch runs GW.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 08:55 PM
olderplayer's Flag is: USA

I prefer the third list. The lvl 4 will maximize your options with the winds of magic and chances of getting the useful spells you need and she can hide in the middle of the second rank. Heavens is a good lore of heavy armour save troops like yours because of three spells: iceshard (signature spell) reduces the effectiveness of shooting and artillery that can hurt you a lot before getting into combat and reduces your chances of being hit in combat; convergence (#1 spell) gives you an increased hit, wound and armour save rate (against S3 units, your 2+ armour saves will fail only one out of 36th of the time); curse (#3 spell) will reduce the ability of the opposing unit to hit, wound, and armour save. The comet can help take out war machines and large static units that are bunkered. Wind blast is under-rated but usually not taken unless required, as is chain lightning.

That being said, life is the more natural lore because of the ability to cast throne of vines and then increase the toughness of your units and regrow the knight units and the use of dwellers to deal with horde units that your knight units would have trouble breaking. All six of the lore of life spells are useful and four of the six can be cast while in combat. The signature spell of life is kind of wasted with the prayers.

I would always minimize the non-mounted units and max out trebuchets to deal with larger infantry armies and tougher units (S5 template hits really hurt elite infantry units).

The paladin's virtue is not worth the points. Why not choose enchanted shield (to get to 1+ AS) and dawnstone (re-rollable armour save)? Also, sword of might (+1 S and magic weapon) would max out his effectiveness. Then he is only vulnerable to extremely high strength attacks, attacks that ignore armour saves, and killing blow (but will still get a ward save from the blessing). The points cost for the paladin needs to be corrected for the cost of being a BSB.

You might go with a lvl 3 prophetess with a warhorse (fit/hide her in that middle of the second rank) and then give her and her unit MR(2) (to boost the ward save) or earthing rod (re-roll on the miscast table one time to avoid the most serious results) plus MR(1).

At 1000 points, unless you have to or are protecting a treb, skip the mounted yeomen and the bowmen and men-at-arms. They have such low leadership that they are not worth taking given that your knight units will leave them behind.

To get your leadership up, consider standard of discipline on the the unit with the general to get to LD 9. This and the BSB will help prevent the KE unit from having to prematurely charge and being baited into charging.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-16-12, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanx for the replies. After much thought and reading olderplayers advice and thoughts, I have come up with this list:

Prophetess - lvl 4 (heavans), potion sacre, horse - 250

paladin - BSB, horse, Enchanted shield, potion of foolhardness - 89

8 Kotr - FC, banner displine - 231 (prophetess here)

8 KE - FC, banner flame - 191 (bsb here)

6 Grail knights - musician - 238

TOTAL = 999

Again your thoughts and C&C are most welcome.

All mon-keigh must die

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-12, 06:57 PM

When I think of Bretonnia, I think of knights smashing everything aside. I haven't ever played with them but having fought against them, unless I have Salamanders, knight units hit very hard. I'm not sure about Grail Knights, are they any good? I would have trebuchets and knights. Use your Heavens prophetess to kill off flyers, and enemy cavalry is easy for Bretonnian knights, aside from elite knight unit, such as Chaos Knights or Blood Knights.

Your list is really good - Level 4 wizards are not to be messed with especially when the have knight units hurtling around on their side.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Grail knights are really good, 2attacks each which are magical and they have a strength of 4. I do like them, I took them to a campaign game of 600points on thursday are they just ran through everything.

All mon-keigh must die

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-12, 08:49 PM

'Grail knights are really good, 2attacks each which are magical and they have a strength of 4. I do like them, I took them to a campaign game of 600points on thursday are they just ran through everything.' - true, I doubt anything at 600 points could stand up to them.

Go with grail knights then, 6 perhaps as in your list. If it were me, I'd feel a little uncertain about having so few models on the board but it depends on your playstyle.

May I ask, why did you choose the Lore of Heavens over the Lore of Life?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-12, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

I prefer lore of heavens, it helps deal with rubber lances and also make my knights almost invinciable to str3 or lower.

It can also stop those pesky killing blows against my knights and also gives me some range support which I am lacking in.

All mon-keigh must die

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Bretonnia Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode