Phalanx: Soul Drinkers april 2012 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Default Phalanx: Soul Drinkers april 2012

So, just for all you soul drinkers fans ( i know they aren't the best written, but they are enjoyable) i thought i would tell people that Phalanx, the next, and possibly final book in the series, is up for release in April next year. I am happy that i will be able to finally find out what fate they meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 07:28 PM

Hammer49's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hopefully it should be a good ending.
I wonder if the imperial fists are involved from the name of the book?
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-11, 08:55 PM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

They are, Hammer & Bolter, BL's monthly ezine has contained a chapter of the book in every edition.

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 10:03 AM

RudeAwakening79's Flag is: Netherlands

I should think the fists are involved, since they captured the remaining Soul Drinkers and are now on the Phalanx (IF space-fortress/monastery)

To my drug-addled mind, the voice sounded like that of the Emperor himself, and I found myself wondering if I should have spent a bit more time in the temple, and a bit less in bars, gambling dens and bordellos, but it seemed a little late to be worrying about that now. If I had indeed arrived at the Golden Throne, I'd just have to hope its occupant was in a good mood, and try to steer the conversation on to safer ground at the earliest oppertunity.
===Commissar Ciaphas Cain===
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-10-11, 12:09 PM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

The ending won't be good for them I'm afarid -- it rarely is in 40k.

They'll probably be flayed alive and ejected out the cargo hold. Unfortunate as it may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-11, 08:17 PM

yapyap23's Flag is: USA

I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I really enjoy the Soul Drinkers, they were my first Space Marine chapter to read about.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-11, 09:44 PM

Worldkiller's Flag is: USA

Has no one else been keeping up with it in Hammer & Bolter?

Finished: Too Much Love Will Kill You (working title), an original fiction novel. Working on: Second draft of Too Much Love, and the first draft of A Winter's Tale (working title).
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 02:54 PM
LEXANDRO~70's Flag is: USA

I have read every hammer-and-bolter to date. I really like the soul drinkers and I wish that they had been given better attention. There is a lot of potential. Although Phalanx is definitely a good read so far.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 04:29 PM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Lexandro~70: They have an entire Omnibus, as well as a limited edition Novella devoted to the Soul Drinkers.

How much do the Raven Guard have? One Horus Heresy book that isn't even released yet.

So they have got more attention than even a first founding legion. Also, I've enjoyed the chapters in H&B so far - can't wait to see how it ends.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-11, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXANDRO~70 View Post
I really like the soul drinkers and I wish that they had been given better attention.
Six books, an omnibus, a limited edition novella and a monthly feature in BL's magazine?

That's more than the freaking Blood Angels. It's about the same amount as the Space Wolves and Ultramarines, and way more than the Black Templars and Dark Angels have got so far. And they're the flagship ranges of GW.

It's almost physically impossible for the Soul Drinkers to get more attention.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode