Question on warhammer and 40k - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Default Question on warhammer and 40k

Hello all,

Im a novice at the lore of warhammer fantasy and 40k. But as im just starting to read the fluff, backgrounds and novels from the 40k universe my question is. I take it the warhammer fantasy and 40k universes are linked, just 40k years into the future? As the chaos gods or lords like Nurgle and Tzeentch are present in 40k? I may be wrong and this is why im asking these silly questions, but is Sigmar present in 40k or not? And where does the emperor come into it?

Sorry if this comes across as a stupid question, im new to all the lore.

Regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 09:27 PM

CallumM27's Flag is: England

Its ok mate not a stupid question at all its actually much debated. From what I've read most people tin that they are linked because of Chaos and if you read into 40K fluff it says sme planets get cut off from warp storms so some think the fantasy world isoe of them. his leads to some people think that sigmar is one of the lost primarchs. But GW say its not, they are completely seperate and the only reason the daemons ae the same is because then people can use the daemons in both games, saving money and it means the GW doesn't have to make up completely different gods. So its how you wantto look at it really. Hope this helps
-CallumM27
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 09:32 PM

vindur's Flag is: Ireland

They used to be the same universe but games workshop changed the back story so that they are seperate just with some similarities

I'm walking towards you and drawing my sword. When it's drawn I shall kill you. And there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-08, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Ah I see. From my limited knowledge I was thinking that Sigmar was related to the emperors blood line and that lets say warrior priests etc where the old versions of Librarians and the empire etc was now the space marines etc. It does all kinda fit in from what I know.

Anyway, thanks for replys
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-08, 12:54 PM

heliosmj12's Flag is: Australia

No matter what the people at GWS say I believe that the 40k and Fantasy are linked by certain aspects including the Chaos gods and other characters

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-08, 09:08 PM

thomas2's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjacK View Post
Ah I see. From my limited knowledge I was thinking that Sigmar was related to the emperors blood line and that lets say warrior priests etc where the old versions of Librarians and the empire etc was now the space marines etc. It does all kinda fit in from what I know.
So you thought the WFB universe turned into the 40K one? Simple fact is the 40K universe is what the one you are living in now will turn into, at least according to GW.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode