Speculation about future Horus Heresy books - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 09:22 AM

increaso's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Leto View Post
Personally I think that is a mistake.

If you have a successful line of books (more than a million sold) then from a business POV you should milk it a little further. I know I would buy a few books covering the Scouring!
They said that if an event is worth a series in it's own right then it might get one.

They said that the scouring goes on for years and years and that it would not do it justice to 'fag-end' it on to the Horus Heresy series.

So there is hope yet.

edit: I forget to mention that they do not consider (get ready to cry) the destruction of Caliban to be a HH event so that will not be covered in the HH series either. However, ADB intends to tackle DA v NL soon and he intends to clear up the forum waffle re: whether the DA were completely loyal. The impression I got from ADB (but I might be wrong) is that they were clearly always loyal.

edit 2: getting forgetful. Sort of as you pointed out they also didn't want to drag out the HH series beyond Siege of Terra as they would get more grief from 'you're doing this to take my money' posse.

Last edited by increaso; 03-06-11 at 09:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 09:53 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

if it comes to the aftermath of the Heresy i would love to see a Raven Guard one, telling how Corax treid and spectacualy and heartbreakingly failed to rebuild his leigon using his fathers methods.

from what little i know he was devastated at the losses he suffered at Istvaan and wanted to rebuild his leigon quickly and that this was the reason he just simply headed off saying nevermore but it would make an interesting tale as to his mindset at the time and how he really was when he realised it was a failiure
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 10:21 AM

increaso's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
if it comes to the aftermath of the Heresy i would love to see a Raven Guard one, telling how Corax treid and spectacualy and heartbreakingly failed to rebuild his leigon using his fathers methods.
iirc Deliverance Lost takes place during/post Istvaan V. Some of this is likely to be covered.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 12:14 PM

Ferrus Manus's Flag is: Ukraine

I think they should write a book about Petrubo's fall (so the destruction of Olympia) and definitely a book about the remains of the Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard after Istavann 5
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 01:28 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by increaso View Post
iirc Deliverance Lost takes place during/post Istvaan V. Some of this is likely to be covered.
cool will be looking foward to that then
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 01:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
Corax actually succeeded in rebuilding his legion, but the side effects of the methods he used were rather devastating.

Using the normal methods for producing marines would not have yielded enough warriors in the time the loyalists had before Horus and his allies reached Terra. So Corax looked for a faster way, and found cloning. That would help him, and then would lead to the damaging of the Raven Guard geneseed.

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-11, 03:29 PM
sonn's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by increaso View Post
They said that if an event is worth a series in it's own right then it might get one.

They said that the scouring goes on for years and years and that it would not do it justice to 'fag-end' it on to the Horus Heresy series.

So there is hope yet.

edit: I forget to mention that they do not consider (get ready to cry) the destruction of Caliban to be a HH event so that will not be covered in the HH series either. However, ADB intends to tackle DA v NL soon and he intends to clear up the forum waffle re: whether the DA were completely loyal. The impression I got from ADB (but I might be wrong) is that they were clearly always loyal.

edit 2: getting forgetful. Sort of as you pointed out they also didn't want to drag out the HH series beyond Siege of Terra as they would get more grief from 'you're doing this to take my money' posse.
Then why are they even having that subplot in the books if its not going to be addressed?
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 09:08 AM

If I recall correctly at BLL both Dan Abnett and ADB dropped hints about working on the Battle of Calth for next year. With Deliverance Lost, Fear to Tread, and the primarch novellas, next year is looking to be a great year for Heresy fans.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 09:31 AM

Roninman's Flag is: Finland

HH series should end with death of Horus. He is the mainpoint of this whole series.

Scouring should get its own like of books maybe similar to Space Marine Battles. Lots of interesting things happened during this time, but they were many years apart.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-17-11, 11:45 PM

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

*edit*

Post removed. I'm a retard for putting this in wrong thread.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode