First Heretic - Big Spoilers - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-22-10, 05:37 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
No... So did five primarchs. Lets see... we got
1. Guilliman having Logar kneel before the emperor and himself
2. Ferrus Manus told him to bugger off
3. Fulgrim showing off how much better he is then him
4. Corax kicking his ass
5. And pretty much Konrad Curze save his ass and told him he's a bitch

I kind of feel bad for Logar. His legion bearing down witness to him being a bitch to other primarchs.
True he got told off by Erebus to.....which was pretty damn funny, Hey the primarch is the chaplains bitch!

BUT it was epic seeing Guilliman get his ass knocked down with a sucker punch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-22-10, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch King of Angmar View Post
And The ultrasmurfs are made up of 3 legions two of which the emperor offed the primarchs of? WTF??????
Or it was a couple of soldiers joking and guessing why the Ultramarines were so huge compared to the other Legions. Which one seems more likely?
post #13 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-22-10, 06:06 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Or it was a couple of soldiers joking and guessing why the Ultramarines were so huge compared to the other Legions. Which one seems more likely?
isn't it common knowledge that Space Marines lack the capacity to "joke" effectively.

CP

and besides, we don't think "likely" here, it's a fan forum, we postulate and ruminate on the most absurd theories imaginable, because we're bored and lack the writing prowess you've been gifted with to keep us occupied. so there. lol

besides, it's your fault for posing this minor one paragraph section to sew the seeds of contemplation in our minds. who's name is on the cover of said tome?

The Founding Fields

post #14 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-22-10, 06:53 PM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Ahhh shit, INCEPTION... through a book.

I was wondering if anyone thought some of the primarchs saw Argel Tal when they landed. Most notably Perturabo in the mountains. And I was a bit confused to why the daemon wanted them to stay away from the primarch tubes. Was it simply because the Emperor would sense them or could they really effect/ intervene in the past.
post #15 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-22-10, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Only one word is needed to sum up this book. Awesome.

It's by far the best so far in the series and it's the first to make me think of the earlier ones that were devoted to Horus in ages.
post #16 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-23-10, 02:10 AM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Only one word is needed to sum up this book. Awesome.

It's by far the best so far in the series and it's the first to make me think of the earlier ones that were devoted to Horus in ages.
I would argue that Galaxy in Flame's is the best in the series......

Anyhow the Whole ultrasmurf Legion stuff would make sense, Guilliman is a total jerkwad self loving prick, He makes the rest of the primarchs seem like saints. (ya I WOULD Prefer even RUSS over him) not to mention guilliman is a usurper as we all know.....at least Fulgrim will put him in his place soon.......(a nice frozen tube....hehehehe) not to mention IF they had touched the primarch tubes Big E would of known and bitch slapped the whole legion most likely giving the smurfs a 4th legion worth of troops....
post #17 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-23-10, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

I think I like it more mainly because of how much info it provides on the origins of the primarchs and the "lost" legions it pretty much identifies how they were "lost" but doesn't give the reasons as to why.
post #18 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-23-10, 10:54 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
I hadn't actually got to that part yet when I read this post, but when I did, I noticed that the mood of the novel was distinctly dark, and none of the characters seemed to be in a particularly jovial mood. It seemed to be taken as fact.

Along with the fact that marines in general, and WBs in particular, seem to be a rather joyless and humourless lot, I suspect you may be trying to throw us off track...
post #19 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-23-10, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

I finished the novel today and it rocked.

Lorgar, despite being a Primarch, was a total whiny ass. I especially took great Joy in Corax ripping him a new one. Anyone else think Corax and Night Haunter should have a further engagement in the series? They seemed to either respect each other's prowess highly or they had bad blood.

I loved all the hints about the lost legions, what I got out of it was they did something terribly wrong and the other Primarchs had to purge them. However it seems only the Primarchs were killed I think since there are rumours all the old marines joined them. One Primarch in particularly caused a lot of problems for his brothers as well.

The whole part where it's actually a word bearer that causes the Primarchs to disappear into the warp was a little weird, I thought they were only ever visions and weren't actually real, but who knows could of just been a trick.

Definitely one of the best novels, the best ones are always the ones that uncover something substantial about the heresy or the Primarchs and this one definitely does
post #20 of 203 (permalink) Old 10-24-10, 01:40 AM
Craw-Daddy

I actually liked Logar. But I see where you are comming from. I just thought Kor's relationship with Logar should have been elaborated a little more so that Logar trusting him would make more sense. Pretty much Kor was like, your my bitch Logar. And the bitch does what its told or it gets the hose again. No pun intended ADB.

Logar definitely took a different stance on his adoptive father than for example Lion El Johnson did with Luther, Perturabo and Dammekos, or even Mortarion and his Warlord father.

Last edited by ckcrawford; 10-24-10 at 02:18 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode