Questions on HH novel Nemesis *spoilers* - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-02-10, 11:35 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

You don't know that, your assuming that. Now they've assasinated Luc, wait for Horus to come down to enact his revenge and shoot him then.

And again your assuming that about Spear, he was clearly experimented on by the temple but you have no idea whether he was different to normal Pariahs in the first place, you would have thought they would experiment on more than one incase Spear died or something else happened during testing. By only experimenting on him alone suggests to me he was already different somehow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-03-10, 05:14 AM Thread Starter

AK74Bob's Flag is: USA

I appreciate the info/your opinions. I assumed that Kell died at the end, but was unsure of how died. The book implies that he kamikaze's into Horus's flagship...which is frigging stupid, but oh well. I thought he was going to attempt to board the vessel and get to the bridge where we would get a cool fight and some good dialogue. Would have been epic. I also was curious as to how Spear would have infiltrated the Imperial Palace in order to get to the Emperor. With the Emperor's blood inside him could he imposter him like he did with his other victims?

"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons, and they will follow you into the deepest valley". - Sun Tzu

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

"A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield" - Roman proverb
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-10, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
You don't know that, your assuming that. Now they've assasinated Luc, wait for Horus to come down to enact his revenge and shoot him then.

And again your assuming that about Spear, he was clearly experimented on by the temple but you have no idea whether he was different to normal Pariahs in the first place, you would have thought they would experiment on more than one incase Spear died or something else happened during testing. By only experimenting on him alone suggests to me he was already different somehow
No, that would have been to easy.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-10, 09:02 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

I the Darkness, i think If Horus thought their was an assassin on the surface, he couldve just sent a legion down to hand out the hate and discontent.

I can't really see an assassin outsmarting a Primarch...or in the eternal words of that russian guy in the trade thread, Primarh

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-10, 12:13 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Too easy? Kiss my friend. Keep It Simple Stupid. Often the best way to do things
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-07-10, 09:53 AM

Apply directly to the forehead!

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-10, 06:54 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Just finished it. Thought it was good. As for spear, he was altogether different prior to experimentation by the clade. Erebus added some extras but spear's abilities don't conform to anything we already know about.
Kell dies apparently although that is a bit of a low point . Seemed totally futile and wasteful. On the other hand the thing with his sister had messed him up a bit.
The thing i was most impressed with was the humanising of all the types of asassins. From the old codex they were practically robots(in action and mindset) but this book really expanded on what they were like inside. The calidius, vindicare and the culexis all now have a semi human face and we can see that they are actually people. The garantine was the best though, his portrayal is excellent, his potency and mindset.
I found the concept of the infocyte to be quite engaging as well, the digital asassin makes a lot of sense really.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-10, 07:24 PM

polynike's Flag is: Gibraltar

To answer the last question posed by the OP

I didnt like this one much, among the weakest of the HH so far. TS by far the best one. Very much looking forward to FH and PB!

The Emperor Protects
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

AK74Bob's Flag is: USA

Yeah Thousand Sons was one of the best without a doubt. It still didn't feel as Grand as the first three though.

"Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons, and they will follow you into the deepest valley". - Sun Tzu

"My rule is: If you meet the weakest vessel, attack; if it is a vessel equal to yours, attack; and if it is stronger than yours, also attack..." - Admiral Stepan O. Makarov

"A brave man may fall, but he cannot yield" - Roman proverb
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-10, 08:58 AM

Its sort of weird reading a book but knowing that neither of the targets die from these assassination attempts.

However it was quite clear to me that the repurcussions of killing Hours would be alot smaller(in a way) than if the Big E got "speared" so early on in the Heresy.

Let the Galaxy Burn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode