And what are you currently reading? - Page 195 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1941 of 1986 (permalink) Old 08-09-15, 05:14 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Lies View Post
Desert Raiders
I've got Desert Raiders here. It's slightly thinner than the regular books, and it wasn't that bad a read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1942 of 1986 (permalink) Old 08-09-15, 08:05 PM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

I've started The left hand of god trilogy by Paul Hoffman. First book was very intresting and I've just ordered book 2. Realy enjoy the alternative history-fantasy in it.
Also read first book in te Games of Thrones series and I'll soon have the testning the series in a week or so.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #1943 of 1986 (permalink) Old 08-13-15, 12:28 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

The Hunt for Magnus. I'm losing interest of this habit of releasing prequels of books released years ago.

post #1944 of 1986 (permalink) Old 08-15-15, 09:10 PM

Hoshi's Flag is: United Kingdom

Recently finished the Tyrion and Teclis trilogy. Solid but not great.

Deciding between (a re read of) Eisonhorn/Ravenor sagas, Cybernetica or Asurmen next.

post #1945 of 1986 (permalink) Old 08-22-15, 12:39 AM
veterannoob's Flag is: USA

Just finished first half of Night Lords omnibus, Bloodreaver is the next work in that omnibus for me. Started Lords of Mars again now that I'm pumped about the recent adeptus mechanicus models. Finished Cybernetica last night.

I interview a lot of authors on the book clubs we do on my weekly podcast Combat Phase so yesterday finished going through Rise of Nagash trilogy for our Warhammer Fantasy Book Club with author Mike Lee. On that interview Mike also talked about HH: Fallen Angels and his Crimson Fist stories, including the upcoming novel he's working on now.

My queue for BL books is ridiculous and ever-growing but the *current* order is: Lords of Mars, Gods of Mars, Ahirman: Sorcerer, Unforgiven, Titanicus, Hunt for Magnus, and Curse of the Phoenix Crown for upcoming author interviews.

Thanks for hosting this thread. It's good for inspiration and discovering new fiction.
post #1946 of 1986 (permalink) Old 09-15-15, 09:35 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

I've just finished reading all the HH Tallarn novels.
Book one (executioner) was OK, but some of the dialgoue between characters was horrendously bad.
Book two (Ironclad) was really quite enjoyable. I liked each of the individual plot strands.
Book three (well, hardly a book...extremely short story; Witness) was so short I wonder if it should have existed at all. I'm not sure what the exact word count is, but I suspect that there are posts on this forum which are longer and more interesting than that story. Pointless.

Now I've moved onto Cybernetica. I can't say I've enjoyed the start. I'm only 20 pages in, but it's currently coming across as rather predictable and by the numbers. I hope it picks up and throws some surprises my way. If not, I will have to hunt down the author and eat his bones.

Last edited by Kharn The Complainer; 09-15-15 at 09:39 PM.
post #1947 of 1986 (permalink) Old 09-15-15, 09:40 PM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Jude finished the Word Bearer's series, and now I'm going back to the Night Lords series. Only halfway through the first book, but it's quite interesting.

The eBook I downloaded is formatted so strangely. Every couple sentences has a starts a new paragraph and like two 'enters' (spaces) between each paragraph. It kinda makes reading the book faster.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
post #1948 of 1986 (permalink) Old 09-15-15, 09:47 PM

Kharn The Complainer's Flag is: Former Soviet Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Loken View Post
Jude finished the Word Bearer's series, and now I'm going back to the Night Lords series. Only halfway through the first book, but it's quite interesting.

The eBook I downloaded is formatted so strangely. Every couple sentences has a starts a new paragraph and like two 'enters' (spaces) between each paragraph. It kinda makes reading the book faster.
Sounds like Alpha Legion trickery to me. Beware. They are probably watching you right now.
post #1949 of 1986 (permalink) Old 09-15-15, 09:51 PM

Captain_Loken's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
Sounds like Alpha Legion trickery to me. Beware. They are probably watching you right now.
Believe it or not, two out of three eBooks I download are formatted like this. It could also be that I download them as Mobi's and then convert them to PDF for the awesome PDF viewer on my tablet. (lets me highlight where I left off, and save bookmarks)

Also, I think it would be amazing if they were watching me. I would love to be recruited as Astartes, especially Chaos!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR HIS SKULL THRONE!
post #1950 of 1986 (permalink) Old 09-15-15, 10:17 PM
veterannoob's Flag is: USA

I too feel the pain of the shorter Tallarn series so far, even the audio dramas. I can see where you would have a sketchy start to Cybernetica. MY own opinion it's worth it and I like how it turns out. My interview with Rob Sanders on Combat Phase podcast ep 112 went up this week on iTunes where Rob talks the mechanicum 30K &40K in his books and the differ neves, maybe have a listen before you finish it? No huge spoilers. Hopefully you enjoy.

I haven't discusses Tallrn books with anyone yet who has read them all so I'm interested in hearing your thoughts.m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharn The Complainer View Post
I've just finished reading all the HH Tallarn novels.
Book one (executioner) was OK, but some of the dialgoue between characters was horrendously bad.
Book two (Ironclad) was really quite enjoyable. I liked each of the individual plot strands.
Book three (well, hardly a book...extremely short story; Witness) was so short I wonder if it should have existed at all. I'm not sure what the exact word count is, but I suspect that there are posts on this forum which are longer and more interesting than that story. Pointless.

Now I've moved onto Cybernetica. I can't say I've enjoyed the start. I'm only 20 pages in, but it's currently coming across as rather predictable and by the numbers. I hope it picks up and throws some surprises my way. If not, I will have to hunt down the author and eat his bones.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode