And what are you currently reading? - Page 182 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1811 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-09-13, 03:59 PM

Myen'Tal's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scion of Chemos View Post
Look on goodreads. That is usually where I make the decision on whether or not to buy something(If I was to take others opinions into consideration)
Why are you reading the HH in such a weird order? O'm just curious, not that you are doing it wrong.
Also, I think you mean Betrayer?
Thanks, will keep goodreads in mind.

Oh, yeah I meant Betrayer, I only read Know No Fear because it piqued my interests. I decided not to get into the Heresy series completely because it's a ton of books and a lot of money. No Know Fear was an exception for me, just decided to try it and see how it was.

“Evil is relative…You can’t hang a sign on it. You can’t touch it or taste it or cut it with a sword. Evil depends on where you are standing, pointing your indicting finger.”
-Glen Cook, The Black Company

Tales of Heroism and Bravery, in the 41st Millennium and the Old World. Perhaps some Realm Gate Wars in the future .

Gods' Hall (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=161618

The New Word (Completed)
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=121879
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1812 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-14-13, 05:09 AM

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

After a long absence from reading (moved in with the gf, got engaged and later married and now moved again), I'm now back into reading. Finished the Iron Hands PoD novel, the read Priests of Mars, and am now almost done with Legion. Will take a break from 40k stuff and read the Witchhunter trilogy by C.L. Werner in the WHFB line for a few, then work more back into the Horus Heresy series.

post #1813 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-14-13, 01:37 PM

City of the Damned - 8/10
Good and enjoyable read about the old heroes. Please continue the storyline after the Zombieslayer BL

The Unremembered empire - 3/10

Ultramarines again. Nexus novel. Big battles or HH changing stuff are absent. Vulkan can't stay dead again. 1 terrorist vs a nation. 1 stupid terrorist, who hasn't freed his junior terrorists, vs teacher and paranoic. 1 sniper vs everyone (lol) Grammaticus

Worst HH novel to date.

post #1814 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 04:19 PM

Finished Dan Abnett's "Legion" the other day. Started C.L. Werner's "Witch Hunter" in the WHFB line of books.

post #1815 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 02:42 AM

VixusKragov's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatribe1974 View Post
Finished Dan Abnett's "Legion" the other day. Started C.L. Werner's "Witch Hunter" in the WHFB line of books.
Ooh, Witch Hunter's a GREAT read. I've got the omnibus and it's one of my favorite stories, Fantasy or otherwise.

After a long time of not thinking about anything Warhammer, I just finished ADB's amazing The Emperor's Gift this afternoon, and started up on Horus Rising a few hours after when I started jonesing again. I'm just past the 'Terra' part, which I thought was a nice ironic nod, but I'm hoping it picks up soon. Haven't read any of the Horus Heresy novels before this because I kept putting it off, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy the series.

post #1816 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
Ooh, Witch Hunter's a GREAT read. I've got the omnibus and it's one of my favorite stories, Fantasy or otherwise.

After a long time of not thinking about anything Warhammer, I just finished ADB's amazing The Emperor's Gift this afternoon, and started up on Horus Rising a few hours after when I started jonesing again. I'm just past the 'Terra' part, which I thought was a nice ironic nod, but I'm hoping it picks up soon. Haven't read any of the Horus Heresy novels before this because I kept putting it off, so I'm hoping I'll enjoy the series.

Well, I was jonesing too hard for 40k reads, so I put Witch Hunter on my "Next Up" list and pulled out Ben Counter's "Battle for the Abyss". So far I've enjoyed it immensely, despite several naysayers here.

post #1817 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-20-13, 09:05 PM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

Finished Rynns World tonight, spread it out over a month and a bit, Wasnt too bad, solid 7/10 stuff
Reading the new Dexter book, Dexters Final cut now
post #1818 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-26-13, 09:04 PM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

Finished Dexters final cut, then went straight onto Descent of Angels, just finished that... Wow, i LOVED Descent of Angels! 9/10!
post #1819 of 1986 (permalink) Old 10-26-13, 09:41 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Started "The Grim Company" by Luke Scull. Not sure how much I'm enjoying it. It's a bit stereotypical at the moment.
post #1820 of 1986 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 03:56 AM

KjellThorngaard's Flag is: USA

Location: In the basement, surrounded by Woodland Scenics packages.

Betrayer. And so far so good. Loving Kharn even though i am a die-hard Loyalist. Angron is sooo broke. Good read, though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode