Black Library Submission Guidelines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-10, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Default Black Library Submission Guidelines

If you are looking to get published with the black library and have a wonderful short story/novel that you would like to see published.

check out the submission guidelines for the Black Library by clicking on the link below.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Getting-...tml#guidelines

Commissar Ploss

Edit: also these tidbits from Writersmarket.com to which i am subscribed. (Updated: June 2nd, 2010)

BL PUBLISHING

Willow Road
Lenton, Nottingham, NG7 2WS
Wales

Phone: (44) (115) 900-4100
Fax: (44) (115) 900-4111
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]

Estab. 1997. Publishes paperback originals. Published 3 new writers last year. Averages 65 total titles/year, 65 fiction titles/year.
Fiction
Needs: Fantasy (space fantasy, sword and sorcery), horror (dark fantasy, futuristic), science fiction (hard science/technological, soft/sociological), short story collection, young adult/teen (fantasy/science fiction, horror). Published The Summoner, by Gail Z. Martin (fantasy), Horus Rising, by Dan Abnett (science fiction), The Vampire Genevieve, by Jack Yeovil (fantasy).

How To Contact: Our 2010 submissions window opens on 4 May 2010 and closes on 31 July 2010. Writers whose work we consider fit for publication will be contacted within 8 weeks of the window closing. Rejected submissions will not receive a response. Accepts queries by snail mail, e-mail. Include brief bio, list of publishing credits. Send SASE or IRC for return of ms or disposable copy of ms and SASE/IRC for reply only. Agented fiction: 5%. Responds to mss in 3 months. No unsolicited mss. Considers simultaneous submissions, e-mail submissions. Rarely critiques/comments on rejected mss.

Terms: Sends pre-production galleys to author. Writer's guidelines on website.

Tips
"Please check our website."

The Founding Fields

Last edited by Commissar Ploss; 06-06-10 at 07:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-10, 08:41 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Ploss View Post
If you are looking to get published with the black library and have a wonderful short story/novel that you would like to see published.

check out the submission guidelines for the Black Library by clicking on the link below.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Getting-...tml#guidelines

Commissar Ploss
I am rather overjoyed admittedly. Now I can get some feedback for my fiction. But my mind, primarily my common sense, only too clearly states, that Black Library shall be swamped by so much by numerous others that I doubt mine would ever be read.

Last edited by bobss; 03-15-10 at 08:44 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-10, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

they will read it, however they only respond to those that they do not reject. If you don't hear back, they have obviously rejected it. sad...but thats how their doing it.

CP

The Founding Fields

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-10, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

thread updated with information from writersmarket.com

CP

The Founding Fields

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-10, 09:51 AM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

It'd be so exciting if one of us heresy onliners got published. Good luck to anyone who 1. Has the talent to write 40k fiction 2. Has the balls to submit it to judged by professionals.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-10, 01:37 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

1)'s in my left pocket, and 2)'s in my pants!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-27-10, 01:44 PM
Boc
Like a Bawss

Boc's Flag is: USA

I feel like a pedo for reading that, Mossy. You bastid!

Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 06:16 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Im planning on submitting a Short Story this year. Its all planned out, although i've only written around 2,000 words so far. So I've got a fair bit of work to do by 31st July. Im totally convinced that it won't get published (Mossy Toes has the right to be though if hes submitting this year, his stories are a good read if you havn't read them yet! ), but its been fun planning/writing it.

But yeah, its a Fantasy short story called Darkness Stirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 05-19-10 at 09:56 PM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 07:40 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I have 6 short story ideas: 5 fairly-far-along WIPs, plus a new one that was beamed into my brains from above last night.

Plus a tentative novel submission, but I don't know if I'll get far enough along with that one by the end of the submissions window, so I'm giving the shorts higher precedence.

(and congrats, CotE, on what I assume to be a new medal--I got one of the same recently, too )

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 05-19-10 at 07:44 PM.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 08:19 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've been writing a story (some of you may remember it from a LONG LONG way back, about an IG Regiment - quite gritty, lots of bad language. I'd have to tone it down a bit), to see if it's quality stuff. Might consider sending it before I head off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode