Future HH novel discussion: - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 01:22 AM
Bane of Empires
 
Child-of-the-Emperor's Avatar
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,131
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
A traitor blood angel. Thats interesting indeed, hope they make a book about him.
Interestingly I just read that James Swallow has some ideas regarding the Red Angel, which might feature in his planned HH novel regarding the battle for Signus.

So they (or at least the Red Angel) might not be glossed over in the HH series at all.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
Child-of-the-Emperor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 01:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Dead.Blue.Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 456
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
in HH:CV there is the big picture of all the notable figures of chaos all together (looks amazing!) p262-263 but there are a few characters there i am unfamilar with, in particular the daemons. could someone explain to me who the following are:

1. Ingethel the Ascended
2. The Red Angel (who appears to be a possessed blood angel)

there is nothing on Lexi on either of these 2 daemons, so where do they figure into the heresy? will they ever get a mention in the HH series? just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the issue.
Ah, Ingethel. There's my boy.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Interestingly I just read that James Swallow has some ideas regarding the Red Angel, which might feature in his planned HH novel regarding the battle for Signus.

So they (or at least the Red Angel) might not be glossed over in the HH series at all.
Man, that last HH meeting really was rad.
Dead.Blue.Clown is offline  
post #23 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 01:41 AM
Boc
Like a Bawss
 
Boc's Avatar
Boc's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 4,111
Reputation: 47
Default

You, sir, are a cock tease.


Heresy-Online's Expeditious Stories Challenge 13-06: "Serenity" has started, get your stories in by July 11th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner94ezekiel View Post
3. Nothing Boc said should ever be taken seriously. Unless he's talking about being behind you. Then you run like fuck.
Boc is offline  
 
post #24 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 01:53 AM
Senior Member
 
space cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 361
Reputation: 1
Default

I thought The Red Angel was Sanguinius' equerry possessed by a daemon. I am almost positive I read that somewhere.

Also, why was the battle of Tallarn not mentioned in this thread? It was only the largest armor battle in the entire Heresy. It was so devastating that it turned the world into an arid wasteland and the wrecked tanks are still sitting on the battlefields. At least that is how I remember the background of Tallarn when the Desert Raiders were released in 2nd edition. I mean, a million tanks destroyed certainly has to mean something.

Thanks,
Howard

A baby seal walked into a club.
space cowboy is offline  
post #25 of 119 (permalink) Old 03-31-10, 03:58 PM
Senior Member
bobss's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Lincoln, England
Posts: 2,628
Reputation: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
I thought The Red Angel was Sanguinius' equerry possessed by a daemon. I am almost positive I read that somewhere.

Also, why was the battle of Tallarn not mentioned in this thread? It was only the largest armor battle in the entire Heresy. It was so devastating that it turned the world into an arid wasteland and the wrecked tanks are still sitting on the battlefields. At least that is how I remember the background of Tallarn when the Desert Raiders were released in 2nd edition. I mean, a million tanks destroyed certainly has to mean something.

Thanks,
Howard
I agree, but also cast the Virus bombing of Olympia into the fray
bobss is offline  
post #26 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-16-10, 07:39 PM
Senior Member
 
forkmaster's Avatar
forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Eye of Terror!
Posts: 2,342
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Yep I agree with that, James Swallow over on the BL forums a while back expressed that he wanted to write this one. Although after what I've heard about how he trashed the Blood Angels Series, maybe him writing this book isn't such a good thing!
How did he trash it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Indeed, but that would have to be set Post-Emperor's Ascension, so after the Horus Heresy. Although im aware that some BL authors have expressed the desire to continue the series/make a new series following the the ascension of the Emperor, whether it happens or not is another thing.
That would be my guessing for the next series when and if HH-series will be over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Its a possibility. When Horus sent Curze to the Eastern Fringes to secure to the 2 Forgeworlds, he said that the Dark Angels were last noted as operating in the area. This could be a set-up for a Night Lords Vs Dark Angels based novel. Which could actually be the third Dark Angels novel? & the battle for Caliban may occur in the Scourging Series, if there is one.
Im currently looking forward for more DA novels. I liked Fallen Angels.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Graham Mcneil thinks another book on the Alpha Legion is likely, so this would either be a completley new plot (one not mentioned in any other previous source) or cover the Alpha Legion's ambush of the Space Wolves following Prospero, or both!

Personally though I would like to see another 'Tales of Heresy' - I really enjoyed it as a series of short stories, it made a nice change. Some things could be covered easily in a short story rather than a full novel.
Yeah, I want to hear more about the Alpha Legion as well as they are the most mysterious legion out of them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
It would be nice to get some more juicy knowledge about the Unknown Primarchs (Not the 2 lost ones, I mean Vulkan, Corax and Manus!). Although Manus was covered a bit in 'Fulgrim', and Corax will feature in 'Raven's Flight'. As for Vulkan, I don't know, maybe a short story? Or a novel based around the Salamanders, but it would have to be a completley new plot idea seeing as though the Salamanders got massacred at Isstvan V.
Actually Im not that particularly interested in the Salamanders and even though Corax was in Ravens Flight I want more of him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Well I imagine they'll feature in part during the Siege of Terra, considering Magnus contacted Horus at the end of 'Fulgrim'.
The Thousand Sons aint done yet!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Aye, that would be a prime example of something that could be covered in a short story - Typhon killing all the navigators and guiding them through the warp himself in order to deliver his legion to Nurgle.
Indeed, more of the Death Guard! =D
forkmaster is offline  
post #27 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-16-10, 09:20 PM
Bane of Empires
 
Child-of-the-Emperor's Avatar
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,131
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
How did he trash it?
I havn't read the Blood Angels Series myself, im not a great fan of James Swallow and the fact that its quite widely criticised on the internet put me off it. But the general opinion (that i've personally found) is that it wasn't a great series.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
Child-of-the-Emperor is offline  
post #28 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-16-10, 09:31 PM
Chaos God of Old Night
 
Lord of the Night's Avatar
Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Eternal Night
Posts: 5,028
Reputation: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Interestingly I just read that James Swallow has some ideas regarding the Red Angel, which might feature in his planned HH novel regarding the battle for Signus.

So they (or at least the Red Angel) might not be glossed over in the HH series at all.
Epic!. The tale of the Red Angel will definitely be a great addition to the Horus Heresy series. He will probably be at Signus Prime but I hope that he has more pull then that, perhaps he is a high ranking Blood Angel.

From my own view the Horus Heresy series will go on for quite a while but the Siege of Terra cannot be very far off. Unless more original stories are made, like the upcoming Nemesis, then there are only so much canon events left. And some are after Terra, like the Destruction of Caliban, which I would VERY much like to see, to finally bring light to the truth of Lion El'Jonson's motives and the truth of The Fallen.

There are several things I want to see in the Horus Heresy series. The Destruction of Caliban, the Iron Warriors fall to Chaos, a real Death Guard novel and anything to do with the Night Lords or Blood Angels, Night Lords especially. Even though Descent of Angels was not well received I think a novel about Konrad Curze's childhood would be quite well received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Ah, Ingethel. There's my boy.

Man, that last HH meeting really was rad.
He is quite an epic looking Daemon. Your boy?, you have an interest in him?

I read that a lot of ideas were bounced around in that meeting, and that some authors are working on their next Horus Heresy novel. No real details though.



https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Lord of the Night is offline  
post #29 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-16-10, 10:13 PM
Bane of Empires
 
Child-of-the-Emperor's Avatar
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,131
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
From my own view the Horus Heresy series will go on for quite a while but the Siege of Terra cannot be very far off. Unless more original stories are made, like the upcoming Nemesis, then there are only so much canon events left. And some are after Terra, like the Destruction of Caliban, which I would VERY much like to see, to finally bring light to the truth of Lion El'Jonson's motives and the truth of The Fallen.
Well I would say that the Siege of Terra is still a fair few years off yet. Just to list a few we have; Calth, Signus and Tallarn which I think will all likely be covered. As well as a few books on the Dark Ages of the Heresy (The years between Isstvan V and Terra, which we know essentially nothing about). And I presume BL will want to milk the series as much as possible before concluding it - after all I presume the Heresy series easily has the largest fanbase of any BL series/novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Even though Descent of Angels was not well received I think a novel about Konrad Curze's childhood would be quite well received.
Im not sure myself. I dont think such a novel would add much new to the character of Night Haunter. After all Lord of the Night and Soul Hunter (and im sure the remainder of the Night Lords series will as well) gave us enough flashbacks/tales to establish the character and nature of Curze and why he was as he was.

Aaron said as well that if he did a Heresy Night Lords novel (which seems increasingly likely) it wouldn't be based on Curze's upbringing, but would be based on the Night Lords during the Dark Ages of the Heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
He is quite an epic looking Daemon. Your boy?, you have an interest in him?

I read that a lot of ideas were bounced around in that meeting, and that some authors are working on their next Horus Heresy novel. No real details though.
I presume that Aaron implied that Ingethel the Ascended would feature in The First Heretic.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
Child-of-the-Emperor is offline  
post #30 of 119 (permalink) Old 04-17-10, 11:56 AM
Chaos God of Old Night
 
Lord of the Night's Avatar
Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Eternal Night
Posts: 5,028
Reputation: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Well I would say that the Siege of Terra is still a fair few years off yet. Just to list a few we have; Calth, Signus and Tallarn which I think will all likely be covered. As well as a few books on the Dark Ages of the Heresy (The years between Isstvan V and Terra, which we know essentially nothing about). And I presume BL will want to milk the series as much as possible before concluding it - after all I presume the Heresy series easily has the largest fanbase of any BL series/novel.
I would hope so on that. I just think that Terra isn't as far off as most people are expecting. I'd also forgotten about Calth, that would make an excellent novel, as long as they show Kor Phaeron, I want to see more of the Black Cardinal.

Very true. The Heresy series is definitely BL's best seller, mainly because its the longest. Plus theres all the audio books and short stories to be made. In fact James Swallow has just announced on his blog he is working on two new audio books about Nathaniel Garro called Oath of Moment and Legion of One. They should be very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Im not sure myself. I dont think such a novel would add much new to the character of Night Haunter. After all Lord of the Night and Soul Hunter (and im sure the remainder of the Night Lords series will as well) gave us enough flashbacks/tales to establish the character and nature of Curze and why he was as he was.

Aaron said as well that if he did a Heresy Night Lords novel (which seems increasingly likely) it wouldn't be based on Curze's upbringing, but would be based on the Night Lords during the Dark Ages of the Heresy.
That'd be great as well but I think if any Primarch could be written about like that it'd be either Curze or Dorn, since we know next to nothing about Dorn's past. However anything about the Night Lords in Horus Heresy and I will be very happy, even more so if ADB writes it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
I presume that Aaron implied that Ingethel the Ascended would feature in The First Heretic.
I know. I was trying to coax an answer. But if thats true then sweet, we need to see more Undivided Daemons. They look waaaay better then the aligned Daemons, because they are all uniform. Undivided Daemons all look different.



https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Lord of the Night is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome