New HH novel in the pipeline "The First Heretic" - Page 9 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-06-10, 04:02 AM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome View Post
in reference to the 2 unknown primarchs and why they shall never be revealed is that the HH is essentially storys that explain a history that has already come to pass in the 40k universe an because it has already come 2 pass it is history and it is impossible for a society to record accurate events that will last through out the rest of time as such records get lost misplaced destroyed whatever an eventually those things fade out of memory an knowledge until all that is left it legends,rumours,hints an hearsay so i say the reason the identity of those 2 primarchs an their legions shall never be unveiled is because it would practically destroy the storyline already in-place an they would pritty much have 2 start again from scratch trying to rebuild it. All to reveal the identity of things that should remain unknown to proctect the story an to make it seem even more realistic.

Rome

p.s. i know i'm a lil late 2 make that point but i just joined an i felt it was a good point to make for my first post because i feel very strongly about this issue and as intrestin as it would be 2 kno those identitys it just wouldnt fit an would probably crappy up a brilliant storyline that i love
first post or not, your addition to the discussion is quite welcome.

CP

The Founding Fields

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-06-10, 11:52 AM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

yup seeing as Lorgar was so devout to the emperor would be gret to see what tipped him over although i know that being comapred to gulliman ws part of it and possibly why they attacked ultramar.
but i would also like to see the lesser legions, especially the Night Lords and World eaters too i mean we all know Angron was a boiling volcano anyway but what happened ot him to make him go completly to Khorne, i know he did not forgive tthe Emperor or trust him feeling he had made a coward of him by deserting his brothers and sisters when they really needed him.
but i would like to see how Corax fares with trying to rebuild his leigon, the same with the Iron Hands and Salamanders and i would love to see how the Iron Warriors fell from grace.
lets hope there is is more to come but this HH book sounds great
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-06-10, 02:05 PM

First off can’t wait for The First Heretic

Secondly I’m in two minds regarding revealing the histories of the two lost legions. On one hand the current take works on some level I suppose, however I’m generally of the opinion that mysteries are there to be solved. New ones can always be created.

A number of comments have been made in this post about the fact that if they did it, it would cause major problems with the current lore, changing 40k history, bring total upheaval to what already been written, etc, etc. There have also been comments on the quality of background reveled i.e., the story would be lame, rubbish, not up to expectations, etc.

I don’t see why either of these opinions have to hold true. I’m sure it’s not beyond the wit of a great author to conjure a story that is not only a fantastic read but something that also does not cause great upheaval with what has already been written. Even if their stories did affect current lore they could be used to greatly enhance the 40k setting as opposed to taking away from it. They could (for example) be used as a springboard for a new race, fifth chaos god, another type of god entirely, an unexplored area of space with unexpected and new things going one. There are many interesting possibilities, none of which necessarily have to effect the current setting in a negative way. I have no doubt that it would not be everybody’s cut of tea. But NOTHING ever is.

There is also the possibility that there being two legions, each with separate tragedies, that they could do a story on one and reveal their history while leaving the other completely alone to continue a mystery. I don’t see why they have to be intertwined. There is much more I could say on the topic but I know everybody has been over this before.

Last edited by mal310; 07-08-10 at 07:37 PM.

post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-06-10, 03:48 PM

way i was told was that these two mystery leiogns missing primarchs gives scope for the amateur writer to create thier own leigon for games adn what have you but it never become law...just stay in homebrew as it were they are never meant to be explored they are just for the fans imaginations
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-08-10, 10:35 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

Agreed, somethings are best just left to the imagination! plus if somebody did write about them, i think we'd all be slightly disappointed in the end anyway.

Let the Galaxy Burn.
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-08-10, 10:41 AM

besides i think if we were ever meant to know who and what they were it would have been long revealed by now.
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 07-08-10, 10:51 AM

World Eater XII's Flag is: United Kingdom

I dunno, whatever happens, happens in the end right?

Let the Galaxy Burn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode