New HH novel in the pipeline "The First Heretic" - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-18-09, 12:42 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
Haha that cover is beautiful, the Custodes and that possessed Word Bearer, I must get this during its first print run.

Looking forward to some Erebus and Kor Phaeron , perhaps even Eliphas when he was a mere champion.
Totally agree looks fantastic.

Although I highly doubt Eliphas will be in it. He basically has no backstory and is a computer-game character! I'd put money on some characters from the Word Bearers series making an appearance in the HH series again though (Kol Badar for example).

Although when do the Word Bearers fight the Custodes apart from at the Siege of Terra (which this book obviously isn't as there is another close planet/moons in the background), when will this book be set I wonder if it involves Custodes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 01:45 AM
Bane of Empires

Some new (albeit brief) information regarding The First Heretic, it will involve a scene with 2 Primarchs and the Emperor. (As noted on ADB's blog)

(I know not a ground-breaking revelation, but interesting still!)

Quote:
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 03:04 AM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

maybe its the scene where the bigE tells Lorgar off for taking too long to establish newly conquered worlds (and his worship of the emperor is not wanted), i wonder what other primarch would be there? Dorn? Gulliman?... yeah my moneys on Gulliman. itd be another reason why Lorgar hates the ultrasmurfs so much. Maybe Gulliman was smug during the conversation or he got stuck into Lorgar as well? (we all know Gulliman was a bit of a 'goody goody'). who knows?

post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 10:08 AM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Subtle View Post
maybe its the scene where the bigE tells Lorgar off for taking too long to establish newly conquered worlds (and his worship of the emperor is not wanted), i wonder what other primarch would be there? Dorn? Gulliman?... yeah my moneys on Gulliman. itd be another reason why Lorgar hates the ultrasmurfs so much. Maybe Gulliman was smug during the conversation or he got stuck into Lorgar as well? (we all know Gulliman was a bit of a 'goody goody'). who knows?
Wait? The Emperor warns Lorgar for erecting monuments to Him, indicating His 'God-like' Status, and exterminating entire planets if they do not worship Him as a God - And yet, if I remember correctly, this happens before even Horus becomes corrupted? (Eerebus` slander in False Gods somewhat spills the beans)

If it involves the Emperor - in physical prescense, then im pretty sure Dorn will be there (Imperial Fists working on Terra`s defences no?)

And besides, Child, how did you even manage to get onto ADB`s blog anyway? Every time I try it says how he needs to 'undelete it'
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
And besides, Child, how did you even manage to get onto ADB`s blog anyway? Every time I try it says how he needs to 'undelete it'
That one's yeeeeaaars old, and deleted. See sig.
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 10:41 AM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
That one's yeeeeaaars old, and deleted. See sig.
Big thanks
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
Wait? The Emperor warns Lorgar for erecting monuments to Him, indicating His 'God-like' Status, and exterminating entire planets if they do not worship Him as a God - And yet, if I remember correctly, this happens before even Horus becomes corrupted? (Eerebus` slander in False Gods somewhat spills the beans)

If it involves the Emperor - in physical prescense, then im pretty sure Dorn will be there (Imperial Fists working on Terra`s defences no?)
Dorn wasnt back at Terra till after the events of Istvaan, remember he intercepted Garro on the way there and brang them back with him.

post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 01:33 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

I dont think Guilliman would have been there. Im guessing Horus, if he was Warmaster at the time then it would be his duty to punish Lorgar or mediate between him and the Emperor.

The First Heretic is definitely going to be great. Ive got three theories on its plot.

1. Its about the fall of the Word Bearers to Chaos.
2. Its about Chaplain Erebus falling to Chaos.
3. Its about the Red Angel. (The Possessed Blood Angel in HH Collected Visions.)

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 02:20 PM

Quote:
1. Its about the fall of the Word Bearers to Chaos.
It's about the fall of the Word Bearers to Chaos.

...at least, some of them.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 02-19-10, 02:56 PM
Bane of Empires

Quote:
Im guessing Horus, if he was Warmaster at the time then it would be his duty to punish Lorgar or mediate between him and the Emperor.
Lorgar's reprimand was Pre-Ullanor and thus Horus wouldn't have been Warmaster at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
It's about the fall of the Word Bearers to Chaos.

...at least, some of them.
Ooo Im guessing then the second purge of the Brotherhood will be included

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode