Questions on "Descent of Angels" book - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 05:05 PM

arch angel it clearly states he didn't want zahariel to continue on the crusade and he must've felt safe with Terrans on Caliban(defending it) because the Librarian Israfeal(not sure if thats spelt right) was from Terra and my best guess is Nemiel has been spreading lies eg it was Zahariel who plotted the Emperors assassination and no the planet would not have been exterminated as nothing of chaos was known so they wouldn't of known about the corruption and the dark angels were sent to retrieve the Primarch, its not by pure chance that the crusade arrived there, the Emperor had sent them. So I think you must've either not read the book or of missed a massive chunk or something sorry but the Lion did not send them back because he trusted them=]
Sorry for no , etc

Last edited by cerrakoth; 11-27-07 at 05:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 05:11 PM

And also this story line is probably go on for more books than there are legions and as the lunar wolves proved maybe more than one per legion so my best guess is one for every legion then book regarding the assault on holy Terra, the Space Wolves being intercepted by alpha legion(me thinks Alpha legion not 100%) and aided by a unknown ally and another on The attack of Caliban and then possibly regarding Roboute Guilliman, Dorn etc and all the Primarch that disapeared in mysterious circumstances or in Roboute's case how he 'killed' one of the chaos Primarchs but no one saw it.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 06:41 PM

I really think that the character study of the lion will go in any direction we want it to, GW makes hole in stories so we can talk about it in places like this, so in my defence i think none of us can come up with the awnsers as to why the lion did what he did, but we can speculate and thats what weve been doing for 2 pages so, i stand by my point and you can stand by yours but the lion had trust issues and issues of being daddy's first born so it culminated into sending luther home. hey and if you fact check, the lion commanded a massive majority of terran dark angels. he never liked what the terrans were doing to caliban, (clearing the forest for a landing zone for the emperor, destroying the idea of knightly orders by raising military regiments) it was all paranoia, the lion was afraid hed loose the planet he fought so hard to free from curruption, and that he would loose all the respect from the people he had promised better lives to. so in conclusion yeah i stick by my point no matter any of you say, take it into consideration, the lion and Corax are the biggest mysteries to the warhammer 40k world

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 07:02 PM

oh yeah and alot of people saw roboute kill alpharius, hell they all celebrated and burned the primarch on a pyre so that his curruption would never sread any further, its the fact that nobodies alive or nobody knows anyone who knew anyone who saw it happen, the only account is documented by an ultramarine sergeant who was there and since the ultramarines have a sense of glorifying there accounts of battle into their favor if they won, that make sthre story questionable cause theres no hard evidence.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 07:22 PM

Elchimpster's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngels View Post
I really think that the character study of the lion will go in any direction we want it to, GW makes hole in stories so we can talk about it in places like this, so in my defence i think none of us can come up with the awnsers as to why the lion did what he did, but we can speculate and thats what weve been doing for 2 pages so, <snip>
Honestly, this actually makes a LOT of sense. There has always been talk of The Lion's distrust of the Terran's and his wanting to protect Caliban. Sending back Zahariel and other of the best and brightest (Luther etc) to protect is...makes sense. From THEIR perspective, It may not make sense, and they would likely think the way most folks have said, "Why's he pissed off at us? What did we do wrong?".

The Lion's paranoia is pretty obviously evident. I don't know if anyone can really understand the psychology of a being so singularly special...but it HAS to be lonely, and adding that to his survival in the wilds of Caliban...yeah, I can see The Lion as being at least a bit on the clinically paranoid side.

It wasn't a bad book. It wasn't my favorite, actually it was IMO the worst of the HH series. Regardless, I've LOVED the HH series which still places the book IMO in the "Good" category.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Inquisitor

Bishop120's Flag is: USA

I need to read "Angels of Darkness"... a lot of people have said that it puts this book into a whole new light.

As to this books place in the HH series yeah this one is kinda lost so far... some people have said that the sequel to this will show the Lion to be a kinda "Im going to pick the winners side" type light when the Heresy kicks off and his indecision is the reason he's attacked when he goes back to Calidan. Luthor and Zahariel are going to be like "WTF... why didnt you help the Emporer??" And that the true reason Cyber and the Fallen are hunted isnt because they were against the Lion and the Emporer but because they know the truth about the Lion not supporting either side of the HH conflict and instead waiting to side with whoever wins. I cant find any mention of the Lion in the Collected Visions so his role in the Heresy isnt really revealed... so lets hope the sequel shows up what his place in the HH truly is.

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His honour is duty itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."

- Roboute Guilliman
Primarch of the Ultramarines
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 09:37 PM

Thank you Elchimpster, i knew someone understood what i was saying
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 10:14 PM

I know what you mean about the paranoia(my bad about the primarch fight I am wrong sorry=])but angels of darkness or w,e cant remember title is from the point of view of a FALLEN angel and so it is(it even states in the book) to be considered falsehood. The Lion was faithful to the Emperor he did not play it out he has a legitimate excuse can't remember it but don't take the words of a raving madman (FALLEN) to be true=] you also can't say we know the least about him as primarchs II and XI are the least known but we know very little about some chaos primarchs and tbh until the Horus heresy book series we knew very little of the personalities of many of the Primarchs=]

Last edited by cerrakoth; 11-27-07 at 10:17 PM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-07, 10:18 PM

lol, i know what yo mean by the two missing primarchs but the lion and corax and vulcan are the three primarchs with information released that lack much of a story, even rogal dorn never told of how he cam to be in command of the phalanx, the two missing are a mystery to me, i dont know what gw is going to do to them
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-28-07, 02:21 AM

Elchimpster's Flag is: USA

My hope is that another book will be written to wrap up the story a bit, give it a little more light/ perspective.

It's possible though that this is a standalone and we're SUPPOSED to be left kinda hanging...wondering about The Lion, his mind, his thoughts and what direction things are going to go because even the characters in the book don't know. (Maybe even The Lion himself doesn't know).

I do know that GW purposefully tells open-ended stories and leaves some things purposefully vague in order to keep the fans guessing (and interested). It's like any media: give the viewers a teaser, feed them a bit more to keep them interested, but leave yourself an "out" so you can write more later. I'm okay with that.

I can't wait to read about the Ultramarines vs Word Bearers fight! (I'm doing up pre-heresy UM now).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode