Coming Soon December - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-17, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

evanswolves's Flag is: England

Default Coming Soon December

Black Library - Gaunts Ghosts: The Warmaster (Special Edition)

Quote:
After the success of their desperate mission to Salvation's Reach, Colonel-Commissar Gaunt and the Tanith First race to the strategically vital forge world of Urdesh, besieged by the brutal armies of Anarch Sek. However, there may be more at stake than just a planet. The Imperial forces have made an attempt to divide and conquer their enemy, but with Warmaster Macaroth himself commanding the Urdesh campaign, it is possible that the Archenemy assault has a different purpose - to decapitate the Imperial command structure with a single blow. Has the Warmaster allowed himself to become an unwitting target? And can Gaunt's Ghosts possibly defend him against the assembled killers and war machines of Chaos?

Written by Dan Abnett

ABOUT THIS EDITION
– Packaged in a crate-style box with additional items, including:
– 352-page cloth-wrapped hardback novel with marker ribbon
– 140-page hardback journal
– Tanith regimental flag
– Pin badge
– Fabric patch
– Dog-tags
– Art print
– Signed by Dan Abnett
– Individually numbered from an edition of 2,500
Regular Black Library - Gaunts Ghosts: The Warmaster (eBook)

Black Library - Fabius Bile: Clonelord (eBook)

(Thatface haha)
Quote:
THE STORY
Once a loyal son of the Emperor’s Children, Fabius Bile now loathes those he once called brother. But when a former comrade requests his aid on a mission he cannot refuse, Bile is drawn once more into the sinister machinations of his former Legion. Now, accompanied by new allies and old enemies alike, Fabius Bile must travel deep into the wilds of the Eastern Fringe, in search of a world unlike any other. A world which might hold the key to his very survival. A world called Solemnace…
Black Library - Old Earth (eBook)

Quote:
THE STORY
Reborn in body and spirit beneath Mount Deathfire, the primarch Vulkan gathers his most trusted sons and prepares for the final part of his journey. The Legions shattered at Isstvan V have stalled the Warmaster’s advance across the galaxy, but fresh cracks are spreading through the alliance between the Iron Hands, Salamanders and Raven Guard, along with mysterious rumours of the return of Ferrus Manus. Haunted by a sense of destiny unfulfilled, Vulkan must choose between joining their war of vengeance against the traitors, or following his own barely understood path all the way to the Throneworld itself.

Written by Nick Kyme

Black Library - Renegades of Elysia (MP3)

Quote:
After a disastrous mission leaves their ranks decimated, Sergeant Zachariah must rapidly train a fresh batch of recruits to restore the 158th Elysian. The regime is harsh, lethal, and only the best will survive to become full–fledged drop troopers. But when a savage feud with a high-ranking officer threatens the 158th and Zachariah and a handful of men barely out of training are sent on a deadly reconnaissance mission he begins to wonder if his life might also be in jeopardy.

Written by Chris Dows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-17, 08:36 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanswolves View Post
(Thatface haha)
Exactly what I thought. Sometimes I wonder how these things get past the editors. Nice to see a new Bile book so soon after the first.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-07-17, 11:38 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I'm sort of hoping that Fabian Bile will end up in Trazyn's collection.

A vain hope, I'm sure, but I can hope nonetheless.

Seems more likely that we'll finally see a confirmation on Trazyn possessing a Primarch, though...

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-17, 08:03 AM

The Gaunts Ghosts limited ed looks pretty awesome, I see it's disappeared from the coming soon section. Pretty cool getting all the additional bits and pieces with it. Although I'm a little peeved they have changed the format of the limited books again.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-08-17, 12:38 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockagh View Post
Although I'm a little peeved they have changed the format of the limited books again.
I am more bothered by the fact that they changed the looks of the regular release again.

In 2015 when they started re-releasing the Ghosts series in the new format with new cover arts I was down for it, cause hey, new pretty cover arts. Then they started half arsing it and just re-using the old ones. Then after Sabbat Martyr they just stopped and now we sit at 11 months with no further releases in sight anywhere, so fuck anyone who started buying those and now they are yet again going for a different cover design again because reasons.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-17, 10:21 PM

Ghosts book plus trinkets is £85! That's a fair bit of cash.... they had £40 on it when it briefly first went up. Bit of a hike.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-17, 08:33 PM
Sev
Sev's Flag is: Germany

Is it just me or does the book itself look kind of... bland? I would've preferred the black/white/red design they used for the recent Gaunt re-releases.

Also it's 120€. I don't even want half the crap they put in there, but I will probably buy it anyway...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-17, 05:54 AM

I'm in the same boat. It's a very bland looking book. Especially when you compare it to the lovely limited eds that have been coming out recently.
I will probably buy it too. Only thing I would take from the pile of Chinese made trinkets is the flag. Which will look nice framed. The battle honours though have been badly done on it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-17, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

evanswolves's Flag is: England

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-29-17, 11:26 AM
Sev
Sev's Flag is: Germany

So Warmaster is finally coming out this week.

Did anyone pick this up during the Weekender or has good pictures of the Limited Edition? Still undecided if I should get this or just buy the ebook.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode