Dark Imperium - Guy Haley - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
Placed an order for the Limited Edition... Hoping they have sorted their quality issues by now. Doubt it tho.
by the look of this one it's done in the same style as Jain Zar, which is totally different to Carrion Throne, Dante and Warlord. Jain Zar had a laminated front and only the spine is leather effect, so it's the only bit at risk. The front and back being laminate are relatively bomb proof. I've only started Jain Zar so I've no idea how the spine will hold up. But I've had 3 out of the 4 replaced so far, hopefully won't need a 4th.
I'm not buying the ebook. I want the book delivered and in good quality in the edition i buy without having to spend more to put a book on the shelf. I hate ebook anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 05:59 PM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockagh View Post
by the look of this one it's done in the same style as Jain Zar, which is totally different to Carrion Throne, Dante and Warlord. Jain Zar had a laminated front and only the spine is leather effect, so it's the only bit at risk. The front and back being laminate are relatively bomb proof. I've only started Jain Zar so I've no idea how the spine will hold up. But I've had 3 out of the 4 replaced so far, hopefully won't need a 4th.
I'm not buying the ebook. I want the book delivered and in good quality in the edition i buy without having to spend more to put a book on the shelf. I hate ebook anyway
I have actually made order before this offer for ebook was available. I don't have much time reading at home so I would appreciate ebook in this case. I guess I will have to contact BL separately.

What about golden pages ? Does it wear over time as well ?
post #33 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 07:03 PM

I've never had a problem with the gilt edges on the pages. My main problem has been the spine. Here is my carrion throne copy after one reading. As you can see there is little trace of gold left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5269_1496516552451.jpg (470.3 KB, 19 views)

post #34 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 07:07 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Seems Carrion throne have bad quality issues.
post #35 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 07:49 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Finished Dark Imperium. Absolutely top notch epic writting, Guy Haley delivers yet again. I think the novel settles a lot of the worries about the Primaris marines and Guiliman's own involvement with the Imperium as well his attempts at shoring up the failings. So many juicy revelations and suprises. Dark Imperium is set 112 years past the Gathering Storm events. I rate Dark Imperium as 10/10, a rare sublime classic.
Ooooo exciting. Much more looking forward to this now.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #36 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 07:58 PM

I think acceptance of Age of Sigmar might have gotten a lot better if they had more competent authors doing the initial books and not just the B team delivering glorified battle reports. Dark Imperium is how you do it right, with a truly juicy book to herald a new and SIGNIFICANT edition.

I do wonder if the new storyline progression will have most authors jumping to post gathering storm, as thats where all the new buzz and excitement lies. So i honestly expect non-horus heresy content to be severely dialed down to focus on the new era, outside of ongoing trillogies getting finished.

The floodgates is after all opening with the timeline seemingly progressing post 999.M41.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 06-04-17 at 07:19 AM.
post #37 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-04-17, 06:57 AM

Bits and interesting pieces, lifted from B&C to share.

More bits and pieces from Dakka Dakka

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 06-04-17 at 07:18 AM.
post #38 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-07-17, 10:26 AM
sadLor's Flag is: Canada

I really hope that they elaborate on some of the major events that happened during the Indomitus Crusade. Some major events get glossed over ridiculously quickly. However, I am assuming this is on purpose and it will get fleshed out by other books.

Some examples:
post #39 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-07-17, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadLor View Post
I really hope that they elaborate on some of the major events that happened during the Indomitus Crusade. Some major events get glossed over ridiculously quickly. However, I am assuming this is on purpose and it will get fleshed out by other books.

Some examples:
post #40 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-13-17, 05:47 PM

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...dark-imperium/

An interview with Guy Haley about Dark Imperium, a quite interesting read. And one noteworthy comment:

Finally, exclusively on Warhammer Community, I can reveal to you right now that this story doesn’t end with Dark Imperium. The novel is part one of a series, so there’ll be more to come from me on the matters of Guilliman, Cawl, the Primaris Space Marines, and Mortarion.

Intriguing I say!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode