Dark Imperium - Guy Haley - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 09:41 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Black Library - Dark Imperium (eBook)

Dark Imperium

A Warhammer 40,000 novel

The galaxy has changed. Darkness spreads, warp storms split reality and Chaos is everywhere – even Ultramar. As Roboute Guilliman's Indomitus Crusade draws to a close, he must brave the perils of the warp to reach his home and save it from the depredations of the Plague God.

READ IT BECAUSE
It's a new beginning for the Warhammer 40,000 universe! Guy Haley crafts a tale of the returned Primarch Roboute Guilliman as he races to save his realm from the servants of Nurgle – it's the perfect accompaniment to the new Warhammer 40,000 game!

THE STORY
Fell times have come to the galaxy. Cadia has fallen, destroyed by the onslaught of Chaos. A Great Rift in the warp has opened and from its depths spew daemons and the horrors of Old Night. But all hope is not lost... A hero, long absent, has returned and with him comes the wrath of the Ultramarines reborn. Roboute Guilliman has arisen to lead the Imperium out of darkness on a crusade the likes of which has not been seen since the fabled days of the Emperor. But never before have the forces of Ruin amassed in such numbers, and nowhere is safe from despoliation. From the dreaded Scourge Stars come the hordes of the Plaguefather, Lord Nurgle, and their pustulent eye is fixed on Macragge. As the Indomitas Crusade draws to an end, Guilliman races to Ultramar and a confrontation with the Death Guard.

Written by Guy Haley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh.....the Indomitus crusade already ending? Such typos in the blurb. It looks to be a setup for the upcomming Fate of Konor campaign.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

evanswolves's Flag is: England

A bundle has appeared, buy the LE and get the ebook half price, Black Library - Dark Imperium Limited Edition
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 10:09 AM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Placed an order for the Limited Edition... Hoping they have sorted their quality issues by now. Doubt it tho.

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 12:15 PM

Seems a century has passed since the gathering storm events. So we are solidly within M42.

Edit: Why the Custodes follows Guiliman

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 06-03-17 at 12:51 PM.
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 01:57 PM
Sev
Sev's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanswolves View Post
A bundle has appeared, buy the LE and get the ebook half price, Black Library - Dark Imperium Limited Edition
Not bad. I still think if you're paying 55€ for a book they should throw in the ebook for free, but I guess it's a start.
post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 02:08 PM

post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

evanswolves's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Not bad. I still think if you're paying 55€ for a book they should throw in the ebook for free, but I guess it's a start.
Couldnt agree more
post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 02:20 PM

PlagueMarine's Flag is: USA

Snagged my limited copy. Even though the ebook isn't free, I'll definitely take a discount.

"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death." -Kulvain Hestarius
post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 04:57 PM

Finished Dark Imperium. Absolutely top notch epic writting, Guy Haley delivers yet again. I think the novel settles a lot of the worries about the Primaris marines and Guiliman's own involvement with the Imperium as well his attempts at shoring up the failings. So many juicy revelations and suprises. Dark Imperium is set 112 years past the Gathering Storm events. I rate Dark Imperium as 10/10, a rare sublime classic.

On Primaris Marines

On Guiliman..
Entarion likes this.

Last edited by Brother Lucian; 06-03-17 at 05:03 PM.
post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 06-03-17, 05:39 PM

Entarion's Flag is: Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Finished Dark Imperium. Absolutely top notch epic writting, Guy Haley delivers yet again. I think the novel settles a lot of the worries about the Primaris marines and Guiliman's own involvement with the Imperium as well his attempts at shoring up the failings. So many juicy revelations and suprises. Dark Imperium is set 112 years past the Gathering Storm events. I rate Dark Imperium as 10/10, a rare sublime classic.

On Primaris Marines

On Guiliman..
Wow. I didn't expect this. Thanks for quick review. Very excited to get my hands on LE.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode