Coming Soon August: Black Legion LE! - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-14-18, 12:56 AM
bobss's Flag is: England

Oh and yeah I really wanted the limited edition Black Legion, but with Talon LEs costing almost a grand on eBay... no. It's all about that uniform bookshelf y'all (I don't even have a bookcase)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-14-18, 01:01 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

I found it pretty amusing that the Eternal Crusader got upgraded from a Battle Barge to a Gloriana Class ship.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-16-18, 04:13 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobss View Post
I read this book. It was good. Kinda a shame my interest in BL has degenerated from genuinely loving the IP to reading one series every 3-4 years but it is what it is. An even bigger shame to see this section so dead. RIP
I know exactly what killed it. LE and hardbacks, as me personally want softbacks and they are a waiting period for roughly 12 months on. The books themselves has offered very little discussion worthy-ness except Master of Mankind and other ADB-books.

Quote:
Are Lupercalios and Maeleum the same demon world? The evidence stacks up but the two names are very novel specific. Threw me off a little
Maleum is the daemon-world, Lupercalios the stronghold-base for the SoH on Maleum.

Quote:
Unusual opinion alert: I really liked Daravek. He was the perfect foil for Abaddon on a thematic level. Dying to Khayon in the bowels of the Vengeful Spirit was a shame, but after all this guy was a pebble beside the road for Abaddon in the long term so it checks out.
I found him to be alright. The novel was good, but nowhere as perfect as Talon was. The 2nd album is always the hardest they say.

Quote:
I've heard whispers in the warp of the series ending at a trilogy which feels like Night Lords 2.0 for those who followed it back in the day. There's a reason Void Stalker is my least favourite ADB novel despite being perhaps one of the best (Blood Reaver is my all-time favourite in terms of sheer enjoyment bizarrely)
What? He has always said it would be a series, spanning multiple books like Gaunt's Ghosts. I really hope that's not the case. I remember hearing about him planning 6 books for the NL, and BL truly felt like it was setting up him rebuilding the Legion within the Warp, but all those things were dropped in Void Stalker. What reasons is it you disliked it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode