Newb-Friendly Novels - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-17, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Default Newb-Friendly Novels

Greetings, good people of this forum.

Would you mind recommending me some novels/short stories for someone, whose knowledge on the Warhammer Fantasy and W40K is based only on playing Warhammer:Total War and Dawn of War? I find the setting quite fascinating, but I don't want to get lost in the story by not knowing basic facts. Also, I'm looking for novels set in both settings (though it seems to me they're intertwined in some way - pl0x no spoilers if there are any regarding that! :D ), not just one of them.
I realize there might have been some threads similar to this one, but I didn't manage to find any in which people asking aren't that much unfamiliar with lore :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-17, 10:31 PM

evanswolves's Flag is: England

This would be a good place to start: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Spac..._(Novel_Series) iv only read the first 3 but theyre incredibly good books, They follow Ragnar from before he was a Space Wolf and all the way through

Theres a few Dawn Of War books aswell, but theyre apparently pretty poor (have them but not read them yet lol)

Theres the Horus Heresy, which is just HUGE, and not just when it comes to lore and how it shaped the Warhammer 40k universe, theres 42 Novels, and god knows how many novellas, audio dramas, quick reads etc etc

The Beast Arises is another good lot, reading them myself at the minute

Few more books which I really enjoyed
Flesh Tearers by Andy Similie , it includes Sons of Wrath, Flesh of Creatica, Trials of Blood which are just damn awesome lol
Storm of iron
Talon of Horus
Angels of Darkness
Helsreach
Deathwatch
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-17, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Great, I think I'll start with the Space Wolves then, thank you :D
What about Warhammer Fantasy? I've read that the Sigmar trilogy is first as far as the setting's chronology is concerned, anyone mind confirming this?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode